talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Man City's £18m Bid For Jonny Evans Rejected

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Redcanuck said:

Could this have something to do with the homegrown quota? 

Would have thought so.

If they want him badly, they'll get him. Looks odd on the outside but he's a good defender and he's not going to be a regular starter.

I don't think this is that odd. Evans has proven to have been one of West Brom's key players since joining there, he plays regularly, he's experienced through his time at Manchester United, he's British, he come through the academy here and he's relatively cheap in today's market so he could be more than adequate back-up while City try and compete in four different trophies. 

9 hours ago, Smiley Culture said:

I don't think this is that odd. Evans has proven to have been one of West Brom's key players since joining there, he plays regularly, he's experienced through his time at Manchester United, he's British, he come through the academy here and he's relatively cheap in today's market so he could be more than adequate back-up while City try and compete in four different trophies. 

Ulster is rightful Irish clay. :ph34r:

28 minutes ago, FOYM said:

Johnny Evan is certainly not below average. Utd should have kept him and booted Smalling and Jones...not the other way. 

Would any top six club take him now? He will be cover at City in the cup games at best. Would you take him at Liverpool?

35 minutes ago, FOYM said:

Johnny Evan is certainly not below average. Utd should have kept him and booted Smalling and Jones...not the other way. 

I think it was when our Y.T.S youth team winger turned him inside out that finished him in Fergies eyes 

• Administrator

it only seems odd because they've been splashing the cash on so much quality in the rest of their side that they then resort to an ex-Utd, unstylish defender which doesn't really suit them. 

It's not exactly one of the first names you'd pick if you were put in as Man City boss and you needed a defender with so many millions to spend. It most certainly is linked with the homegrown quota necessity. 

4 hours ago, True Blue said:

Would any top six club take him now? He will be cover at City in the cup games at best. Would you take him at Liverpool?

Yes, I would. He's better than Lovren, Klavan & Gomez

Archived