talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Top 10 Most Liveable Cities (according to this source)

football forum

20 minutes ago, Danny said:

Sydney is amazing, from the botanic gardens to the Opera House and Bridge, The Rocks, Darling Harbour, Manly, Palm Beach, Bondi and the Eastern suburbs to Surry Hills and Newtown.

Literally class and has just about everything you want from a city from class beaches, great weather, a million things to do around the city and the landmarks that go with it.

Got better beaches here and less people. So I'm alright. We don't really have any landmarks. But that's no great loss!

I just dig Melbourne's vibe more. 

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Anton said:

Got better beaches here and less people. So I'm alright. We don't really have any landmarks. But that's no great loss!

I just dig Melbourne's vibe more. 

But you can't live in Perth and Melbourne at the same time...just think Sydney is the perfect mix of everything 

The difference between Sydney and melbourne is similar to Los Angeles and New York.

One has the weather. The other has the vibe. In this case the weather city also has the landmarks

Sydney is a stunning city for tourism but it's far more expensive, traffic is the worst and its road layout is worse still. The people are different too. More pretentious but less cultured and sophisticated. 

On August 20, 2017 at 8:53 AM, Anton said:

Seen lists like that before. See if I can find one! From March this year:

The world's most expensive cities

1 Singapore

2 Hong Kong

3 Zurich

4 Tokyo

5 Osaka

6 Seoul

7= Geneva

7= Paris

9= New York

9= Copenhagen

Read more: https://www.traveller.com.au/tokyo-returns-to-worlds-10-priciest-cities-in-asian-domination-gv41ac#ixzz4qIdYQBfT 
Follow us: @TravellerAU on Twitter | TravellerAU on Facebook

Well time to move! Why are so many Asian countries so expensive?!?!?!

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Saturdays Are For The Boys said:

Well time to move! Why are so many Asian countries so expensive?!?!?!

I'd say it's not many Asian countries, but rather most of Asian metropolis. 

It just pisses me off that barely any of those rankings reveal the factors they use to rate the cities.

43 minutes ago, nudge said:

I'd say it's not many Asian countries, but rather most of Asian metropolis. 

It just pisses me off that barely any of those rankings reveal the factors they use to rate the cities.

No no you're right I meant metropolis's. Just another city at the end of the day, I didn't know Tokyo would be more than NYC though. I also wanted to know the factors that make it up.

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Saturdays Are For The Boys said:

No no you're right I meant metropolis's. Just another city at the end of the day, I didn't know Tokyo would be more than NYC though.

To be fair, in the end it all comes to one's lifestyle. While some places are definitely more expensive than the others (especially when it comes to accommodation, medical expenses and transportation), a lot of depends on personal choices. That's why it would be useful to know the factors they are using for those rankings. Singapore's ranking, for example, gets extremely skewed due to the cost of owning a car there. If they consider the costs of owning land or a property, Japanese cities automatically go up in the ranking due to the scarcity of land. Also, many of those lists are calculating the costs of living for expat families, so obviously factors such as international schools, western lifestyle choices, private healthcare, etc will also have a significant effect on the ranking while not being applicable to everyone.

46 minutes ago, nudge said:

To be fair, in the end it all comes to one's lifestyle. While some places are definitely more expensive than the others (especially when it comes to accommodation, medical expenses and transportation), a lot of depends on personal choices. That's why it would be useful to know the factors they are using for those rankings. Singapore's ranking, for example, gets extremely skewed due to the cost of owning a car there. If they consider the costs of owning land or a property, Japanese cities automatically go up in the ranking due to the scarcity of land. Also, many of those lists are calculating the costs of living for expat families, so obviously factors such as international schools, western lifestyle choices, private healthcare, etc will also have a significant effect on the ranking while not being applicable to everyone.

Oh yeah, I saw an article in forbes saying how much people need to make to live comfortably in certain cities but living comfortably is all down to the individual. I know I live a completely different lifestyle from that of my roommate so who can really define comfortable?

• 5 years later...
  • Subscriber
1 hour ago, MUFC said:

5 years on since this thread was created. Has your stance changed? Have you lived in any of the cities on the list?

This thread was created before I joined but I lived in Melbourne (Victoria) or grew up there when we emigrated to Australia in 1959, also had a quick visit to Adelaide and Perth.

13 hours ago, MUFC said:

5 years on since this thread was created. Has your stance changed? Have you lived in any of the cities on the list?

I cringed at my posts so I’ve changed in that regard maybe? Also since moving back to Perth I think it’s easily one of the best cities in the world… just a shame about the people… haha 

• Subscriber

Vancouver itself is beautiful but I would not want to live in the city for a few reasons. The lower mainland is what we refer to as the suburbs and cities surrounding (all within about a 1 hour drive roughly) and I wouldnt really want to live anywhere else. Prices have gone through the roof for everything though, housing, food, entertainment, gas etc have all gone nuts that even the Lower Mainland is barely liveable these days when 5 years ago it was mostly just Vancouver that was like that. I sometimes wish I could just go rural and live on a fucking farm. I can learn to farm and im fairly handy and I dont really care for most people I meet anymore xD

Archived