talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Truck plows into tourists in Barcelona

football forum

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm surprised they've been able to get on to Las Ramblas, you'd have thought such a crowded area would have plenty of things in place to prevent vehicles entering it at all. I do expect we will see a few more of these over the next months, years, a sort of last hurrah of returning vermin who've been totally defeated in the middle east.

I would hope these individuals are delivered a timely death by the security forces.

Crazy, abhorrent and terribly sad situation and I know people are saying they want these terrorists dead but I'd much rather see them suffer for years on end instead of them getting a quick exit.

8 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

hypocrite. why did you edit your first comment mr speer? 

It's fairly obvious he didn't understand that it was a horrible incident, he cracked a joke and realised that it was in poor taste as more info came out, so he's retracted it. It's not an issue nor should one be made of it really

What a horrible reality this has become. How long until this becomes something that parents actively worry about? How long till people are scared that they won't come home from the shops because a madman runs them over? This is what, the fourth incident in Europe and the sixth in total? 

26 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

It's fairly obvious he didn't understand that it was a horrible incident, he cracked a joke and realised that it was in poor taste as more info came out, so he's retracted it. It's not an issue nor should one be made of it really

I feel when people crack jokes in poor taste, they should stand by it and take the shellacking on the chin. Hey, I've taken my share of bollockings for some bad jokes on here. Should I have done it? Probably not, but I did and took the consequences.

37 minutes ago, Spike said:

What a horrible reality this has become. How long until this becomes something that parents actively worry about? How long till people are scared that they won't come home from the shops because a madman runs them over? This is what, the fourth incident in Europe and the sixth in total? 

They probably already do. Not from the shops but there are mothers everywhere who won't let their kids go to certain events. If I was a little boy today then there is not a chance in hell that my mother would let me go to a gig after what happened in Manchester.

2 hours ago, Spike said:

I feel when people crack jokes in poor taste, they should stand by it and take the shellacking on the chin. Hey, I've taken my share of bollockings for some bad jokes on here. Should I have done it? Probably not, but I did and took the consequences.

If I´ve learnt anything from Internet is that everyone says dumb stuff, even very smart people. 

1 hour ago, HoneyNUFC said:

They probably already do. Not from the shops but there are mothers everywhere who won't let their kids go to certain events. If I was a little boy today then there is not a chance in hell that my mother would let me go to a gig after what happened in Manchester.

That reminds me of Brazil. People here rarely walk in the streets at night. This is something I really envy you europeans. I hope your life style is not affected by those attacks, but unfortunately I suspect it will. 

25 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Reports on two suspects arrested and a third dead (no news on why he's dead yet). 

After the Atocha attacks, which had a very clear political aspect, this is first terror attack, right? I thought Spain was not high in the terror targets, compared to other european countries. I was wrong. Did people in Spain think the same way?

1 hour ago, HoneyNUFC said:

Yep my mom returned Disney on ice ticket for her & my kids in the wake of Manchester. Statistically though you are more likely to die in a car crash or something. However and I've seen online an attempted attack on Europe every 7 days this year, the social media outrage is minimal, it's the new norm. I did call it that we'd get used to it and become desensitised 

3 minutes ago, Danny said:

No idea how anyone can gain any form of satisfaction from this.

RIP.

Easy mate, it's just indoctrination into a higher ideal. Same thing as the local boys getting to into hooliganism, the only difference one ends at punch-up, the other ends with cold-blooded murder. People always look for something to give themselves to.

Just now, Spike said:

Easy mate, it's just indoctrination into a higher ideal. Same thing as the local boys getting to into hooliganism, the only difference one ends at punch-up, the other ends with cold-blooded murder. People always look for something to give themselves to.

I understand how people get into it, it was more of a rhetorical statement.

Archived