talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Who Will Be the 2017 FIFA Coach of the Year?

football forum

https://www.fifa.com/the-best-fifa-football-awards/news/y=2017/m=8/news=a-dozen-shortlisted-to-be-the-best-fifa-men-s-coach-2017-2904323.html

The candidates, in alphabetical order, are:
Massimiliano Allegri (ITA - Juventus)
Carlo Ancelotti (ITA - FC Bayern Munich)
Antonio Conte (ITA - Chelsea)
Luis Enrique (ESP - FC Barcelona)
Pep Guardiola (ESP - Manchester City)
Leonardo Jardim (POR - AS Monaco)
Joachim Low (GER - German national team)
Jose Mourinho (POR - Manchester United)
* Mauricio Pochettino (ARG - Tottenham Hotspur)
Diego Simeone (ARG - Atlético Madrid)
* Tite (BRA - Brazilian national team)
Zinedine Zidane (FRA - Real Madrid).

why is Pep in there ???  

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Literally just a list of the most famous managers in the game regardless of what they achieved. Lazy, boring and FIFA all over.

Exactly what I thought. 

1 minute ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

:congrats: the coaches with the most trophies, i can agree with that. multiple trophies and yet Jose has nothing to do on that list :rofl: che boludo 

why not Jose ??   :P    it's his first year in United and he won the Europa and those other minor trophies.   Compared to Pep who has nothing to show for ...

1 minute ago, HK85 said:

A list of managers (club ones only) that finished in the top 3 of their league table. Then there's Jose, out in 6th. 

Having spent 200M with a world class squad, but I guess being at United means he's one of the best.

Zidane will win it by a massive margin...  Champions League (two in a row) and La Liga (finally) means it can't go anywhere else.  There's no point in even doing this to be honest.

Why Guardiola and Luis Enrique are in there is beyond me but it is refreshing to see that Arsene Wenger hasn't been listed this season.

Let me add that what Leonardo Jardim has done with AS Monaco is verging on the miraculous!  These things don't get the big prize these days, but to beat a manufactured identity with money to burn is tremendous.  It's true that Monaco have money also, but nowhere near the state support that the Parisian club have.  I'd have Zidane first (because his work has been tremendous) and Jardim second.

Just now, SirBalon said:

Let me add that what Leonardo Jardim has done with AS Monaco is verging on the miraculous!  These things don't get the big prize these days, but to beat a manufactured identity with money to burn is tremendous.  It's true that Monaco have money also, but nowhere near the state support that the Parisian club have.  I'd have Zidane first (because his work has been tremendous) and Jardim second.

I was considering having Jardim in my top 3, I just barely left him out. Aside from the obvious that I don't agree with him being second, I agree with everything else you said here.

Jardim has done a tremendous job.

1 minute ago, LaSambadeStGermain said:

I was considering having Jardim in my top 3, I just barely left him out. Aside from the obvious that I don't agree with him being second, I agree with everything else you said here.

Jardim has done a tremendous job.

Who do you have as second?

3 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Its not just about the league but the overall performance throughout the whole year and Jose has the trophies to be in the top three. keep up the good work being a journalist for the amateur peruvian leagues and im sure soon you will get your vote to help decide this award. 

Ok, I'll keep up the good work getting paid for having a respected opinion.

Better than trolling on a football forum like the sad cunt you are.

1 minute ago, LaSambadeStGermain said:

I have Allegri, who revolutionized Juventus after Conte began the legacy.

Yeah, but the Allegri phenomenon is old now.  The great job was done a few years ago by him and if he was gonna win it, it should've been then.  Last year they reached the Champions League Final again but they were poorer than in the previous final they attended.

Jardim's job was much harder in France.  PSG are an entity apart from everything else in that country...  They have the backing of one of the richest cash states on the planet and also have institutional support.  Jardim has been silently doing a fantastic job when at one point they were considered a joke even by myself when we were ruined by them a couple of years back...  In the final stages of that Champions League campaign they were the team everyone wanted to get and we were utterly destroyed by them.  He is a very very good coach...  He reminds me of Diego Simeone only with a more aesthetic brand of football that is more pleasing to the eye.  Infact I would say that if he has a moderately good season in this new campaign, he'll walk into any elite job through his own merit.

5 minutes ago, LaSambadeStGermain said:

Ok, I'll keep up the good work getting paid for having a respected opinion.

Better than trolling on a football forum like the sad cunt you are.

Why do you keep on using that "cunt" scenario mate?  Fair is fair and to be honest Teso has practically only been commenting his football opinion lately.  I don't agree with everything he says but it's hard to dispute it (aside from his laughing emoticons).  If you disagree, you'll have to just beat him on the board with a winning argument by debate.  Not by just throwing adjectives at him.

Just now, SirBalon said:

Why do you keep on using that "cunt" scenario mate?  Fair is fair and to be honest Teso has practically only been commenting his football opinion lately.  I don't agree with everything he says but it's hard to dispute it (aside from his laughing emoticons).  If you disagree, you'll have to just beat him on the board with a winning argument by debate.  Not by just throwing adjectives at him.

Every post I make, he comes in, looks for something small and makes fun of it. Its tiring, and I have noticed that he has, but not when I'm making a post. 

How he gets away with it is beyond me.

9 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Yeah, but the Allegri phenomenon is old now.  The great job was done a few years ago by him and if he was gonna win it, it should've been then.  Last year they reached the Champions League Final again but they were poorer than in the previous final they attended.

Jardim's job was much harder in France.  PSG are an entity apart from everything else in that country...  They have the backing of one of the richest cash states on the planet and also have institutional support.  Jardim has been silently doing a fantastic job when at one point they were considered a joke even by myself when we were ruined by them a couple of years back...  In the final stages of that Champions League campaign they were the team everyone wanted to get and we were utterly destroyed by them.  He is a very very good coach...  He reminds me of Diego Simeone only with a more aesthetic brand of football that is more pleasing to the eye.  Infact I would say that if he has a moderately good season in this new campaign, he'll walk into any elite job through his own merit.

Not exactly, he bought the best Serie A players to compete for the UCL and made Juve a deeper team in the last year, but your second paragraph was full of fair points so perhaps you are correct.

4 minutes ago, LaSambadeStGermain said:

Every post I make, he comes in, looks for something small and makes fun of it. Its tiring, and I have noticed that he has, but not when I'm making a post. 

How he gets away with it is beyond me.

Making fun isn't a crime mate!  Using language against another member like you've been doing, is, in my opinion.

If he retorts your opinion, then you have to be smart enough to have an argument with enough weight to show him that you're right.  Not that I agree with the "who's right and who's wrong" game.  But sometimes it can make for good debate because there are moments when someone isn't trying to troll and they actually believe what they're saying (writing in this case).  For that, you have to be able to show that you have something more than the word "cunt" and calling for a ban.

Just now, SirBalon said:

Making fun isn't a crime mate!  Using language against another member like you've been doing is in my opinion.

If he retorts your opinion, then you have to be smart enough to have an argument with enough weight to show him that you're right.  Not that I agree with the "who's right and who's wrong" game.  But sometimes it can make for good debate because there are moments when someone isn't trying to troll and they actually believe what they're saying (writing in this case).  For that, you have to be able to show that you have something more than the word "cunt" and calling for a ban.

I've been doing that for 2 years... I'm sick of it.

There is no such thing as a good debate with him.

on a broader aspect.

Club Coach VS National Footbal Coach ???      

coz for me, i give more respect to the National side coaches, coz they have very limited time with the players. unlike the club coaches who has his team week-in-week-out.

Archived