talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Andre Carrillo signs for Watford

football forum

Its all done according to English press. On loan for a year.

Think its a good move for both parties. He's going to get playing time and will be the star player at Watford. However, he's not as good as sometimes made up. Very quick and impossible to stop on the ball, but lazy and with a poor end product. He could either do extremely well or just become another Jefferson Montero (do well the first few games, then become rubbish)

As I stated several times, Edison Flores (Aab Aalborg) is the better Peruvian winger.

He will be the first Peruvian in the PL since 2010 (Diego Penny with Burnley)

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
8 minutes ago, LaSambadeStGermain said:

Its all done according to English press. On loan for a year.

Think its a good move for both parties. He's going to get playing time and will be the star player at Watford. However, he's not as good as sometimes made up. Very quick and impossible to stop on the ball, but lazy and with a poor end product. He could either do extremely well or just become another Jefferson Montero (do well the first few games, then become rubbish)

As I stated several times, Edison Flores (Aab Aalborg) is the better Peruvian winger.

He will be the first Peruvian in the PL since 2010 (Diego Penny with Burnley)

What makes you think he'll be the star player at Watford? I'd be very surprised if he's a success here.

Just now, Storts said:

What makes you think he'll be the star player at Watford? I'd be very surprised if he's a success here.

That's the reason he's going: besides I don't see who else in that squad is better or much better than him. Maybe Roberto Pereyra.

I've seen a lot of these players when they were in Italy. Okaka always slowed down the Sampdoria attack, and Miguel Britos is terrible. I've also seen Cleverley back when I watched the PL regularly. Never rated him. The only ones I'm not sure of is Amrabat and Deeney.

Carrillo is a good player but I'd say mid-table PL is his level. He'll get you into a clear chance no matter how well a team is defending. The issue is consistency and finishing. Those are big issues in my opinion.

The most frustrating and least productive out of all our 6 wingers left... Benfica fans are celebrating.

With the right mind set he could become one of the best wingers in the PL but the chances of that happening are very, very slim.

1 minute ago, HoneyNUFC said:

Who the fuck is Diego Penny xD

Diego Penny is a 33 year old keeper who played for Burnley in I think 2010, he got very few games and was a backup keeper. Didn't last very long and quite honestly, I don't know how he ended up in the PL even as a backup. He plays for Melgar now and is subject to a 3 keeper rotation policy.

Only 4 Peruvians have played in the Premier League.

Nolberto Solano (Several clubs, Newcastle, Villa, Leicester, Hartlepool)

Ysrael Zuñiga (Coventry City)

Claudio Pizarro (Chelsea)

Diego Penny (Burnley)

And Andre Carrillo will be the 5th.

• 4 months later...

Bumping this up for my update on how Carrillo has done for me.

Andre is overrated, but I think he's done decentish in England. Could do better, but he's doing the bare minimum at the least. He's giving defenders trouble and running at defence quite well, as expected since Marco Silva knows how to utilize him properly but his end product hasn't improved. Its still awful, he doesn't score much although that has more to do with the style of the player. He's not a scorer.

He's found a bit of a purple patch now and I hope he keeps it up, but overall I can say I'm satisfied with how he's doing. He's slowly getting better by game now.

6 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Peruvians don't make it in big leagues.

Good point. Solano could have played in a much bigger league than the minnow PL B|

22 hours ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Most likely will be gone by the summer. IMO he needs to play in a league that better suits his level like lower-table french or Portuguese club.

Love the crystal ball you have.

@Cicero

No surprise here. When he's actually putting in effort, he's very difficult to stop on the ball.

Fair play though. Quite a stat for him to have.

• 2 months later...

After watching Peru this past weekend, I'm getting the feeling he only works in our system.

Tiki taka suits his style well, and yes he is lazy but he needs to play for someone like Pep in order for him to work. Sampaoli, Marcelo Bielsa. No idea how Gracia plays but he's not gotten much playing time anyways.

He needs to play in a technical game. He's not all about speed, and he needs to be accompanied by an attacking fullback otherwise he won't work.

Archived