talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Formula One - General Chat

football forum

• Subscriber

Nobody pushed the boundaries and blatantly broke the rules as much as Schumacher did. He's also the greatest F1 driver of all time. Both are true.

He did cheat but when he did he was disqualified from the 1997 championship altogether and Monaco 2006 when he parked on track he was demoted to the back, Alonso won anyway and Schumacher didn't win the title. Only the 1994/95 championship where he crashed into Damon Hill in what looked like a deliberate incident did he benefit from it.

Hamilton and Vettel still have time to grow into better drivers than Schumacher was but it's unlikely.

5 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Nobody pushed the boundaries and blatantly broke the rules as much as Schumacher did. He's also the greatest F1 driver of all time. Both are true.

He did cheat but when he did he was disqualified from the 1997 championship

Villeneuve was such a lucky fraud, he deserved to be crashed off the track. The amount of luck he needed despite having a way superior car was incredible.

qgG1eZR.png

altogether and Monaco 2006

Good! None of the talentless bastards at that time deserved to touch the holy tarmac that was touched my MSC. 

when he parked on track he was demoted to the back, Alonso won anyway and Schumacher didn't win the title. Only the 1994/95 championship where he crashed into Damon Hill in what looked like a deliberate incident did he benefit from it.

In 1994 the stewards played politics and tried to make the championship more interesting than it was before the summer break. They DQed MSC because of a rule that dictated the floor plate has to be at least 10mm thick. The measured thickness on the Benettons was 9mm after the race. I hope i don't have to point out that the floor plate is naturally thinner after the race, because it rubs agaisnt the tarmac. Meanwhile most of the competitors - including both Williams - had only 4mm, yet they were not DQed.

Just like Senna, MSC had to take matters into his own hands.

Edited by BartraPique1932

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, BartraPique1932 said:

Villeneuve was such a lucky fraud, he deserved to be crashed off the track. The amount of luck he needed despite having a way superior car was incredible.

qgG1eZR.png

Good! None of the talentless bastards at that time deserved to touch the holy tarmac that was touched my MSC. 

In 1994 the stewards played politics and tried to make the championship more interesting than it was before the summer break. They DQed MSC because of a rule that dictated the floor plate has to be at least 10mm thick. The measured thickness on the Benettons was 9mm after the race. I hope i don't have to point out that the floor plate is naturally thinner after the race, because it rubs agaisnt the tarmac. Meanwhile most of the competitors - including both Williams - had only 4mm, yet they were not DQed.

Just like Senna, MSC had to take matters into his own hands.

What a series of ridiculously biased statements. You should have just accepted a British person backing Schumacher up and taken it. Villeneuve was in the best car and lucky to find himself in that position yes but that doesn't affect Schumacher deliberately crashing into him in what is supposed to be the pinnacle of motorsport.

The rest about the floor plates could be true for all I know but I still don't care because deliberate crashing is a cunts move and he still won the championship so he can hardly play the victim.

https://www.bild.de/sport/motorsport/gp-hockenheimring/hamilton-hat-keinen-bock-auf-rosberg-56382392.bild.html

So Nico Rosberg was supposed to do the post-race interviews in Monaco and on Sunday in Hockenheim, and both times Lewis asked the FOM to replace him, lmao. Nico still got the psychological advantage :4_joy:

• Administrator

Hamilton out of qualifying :o 

Couldn't get his car back to the pits. Quite sad seeing him struggle to push it back and now resting by his car :( 

Seems really distressed.

27 minutes ago, Stan said:

Hamilton out of qualifying :o 

Couldn't get his car back to the pits. Quite sad seeing him struggle to push it back and now resting by his car :( 

Seems really distressed.

Probably hydraulics. Hamilton repeatedly hit the curbs in S1 with his floor due to understeering.

Erikson shoved a ton of gravel onto the track and ruined Vettel's and Verstappen's hot lap. xD

Edited by BartraPique1932

• Administrator
Just now, Cannabis said:

Just different circuit layouts.

image.jpeg

I meant the new parts as shown here above. As in alternative to gravel to stop things like what Ericsson has done and stopping qualifying/race time.

I thought the red and blue bits were made of different materials (to help slow a car down if they go off) and not just decorative purposes.

• Subscriber
34 minutes ago, Stan said:

image.jpeg

I meant the new parts as shown here above. As in alternative to gravel to stop things like what Ericsson has done and stopping qualifying/race time.

I thought the red and blue bits were made of different materials (to help slow a car down if they go off) and not just decorative purposes.

Yes, you're right. I fucking hate it though, gives me a headache xD Gravel pits FTW.

• Subscriber

I really hope next year's rule changes bring the top three teams closer to the midfield. You'd say what a race we have on tomorrow with Hamilton and Ricciardo battling from the back but you know they'll just pass two cars a lap in obvious places with DRS and minimal wheel to wheel action to get to 5th and 6th then do the rest though strategy.

That said, Haas only 0.4s behind Verstappen today.

• Subscriber
10 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Hamilton said in his interview that this is the worst circuit to overtake but I'd be very surprised if he finishes outside of the top five. 

Heck, if we get a Safety Car and it falls at the right time he could even challenge the podium, the raw pace of Mercedes/Ferrari compared to the rest is staggering.

He's being a whiny bitch. Monaco and Singapore for a start are much worse. There's a massive straight here where I wouldn't be surprised to see him pass two at a time in the first few laps he has such a power advantage.

• Subscriber

A pretty much perfect lap indeed. Watching that reminds me how much I love driving that track on games with the off camber corners and different lines you can take through some parts.

Wolff reckons Mercedes are losing half a second to Ferrari in straight line speed. Probably an exaggeration but he's not a happy bunny.

Today is a good day for Bottas to get his first win of the year but it will need a significant turn around from Mercedes. I don't really know how they compared to Ferrari on the long runs on Friday.

21 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

A pretty much perfect lap indeed. Watching that reminds me how much I love driving that track on games with the off camber corners and different lines you can take through some parts.

Wolff reckons Mercedes are losing half a second to Ferrari in straight line speed. Probably an exaggeration but he's not a happy bunny.

Today is a good day for Bottas to get his first win of the year but it will need a significant turn around from Mercedes. I don't really know how they compared to Ferrari on the long runs on Friday.

Ferrari have found some really good low-drag-low-downforce setup. That's why they are faster in S1 and S2, but slower in S3.