talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Formula One - General Chat

football forum

47 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Who cares? I watch Formula One to see him driving an F1 car like a genius, the same way that I watch Messi play football.

Personally couldn't care less what he wears to keep warm and if that's the only thing you can call him for he must be bloody good at his day job. 

Personally if I support someone, it's based on their off-track persona as well. I couldn't support a wannabe American who tries so very hard to get noticed by A-List Celebrities. I prefer people who are more down to earth and laid back, like Seb. 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
17 hours ago, Tommy said:

Personally if I support someone, it's based on their off-track persona as well. I couldn't support a wannabe American who tries so very hard to get noticed by A-List Celebrities. I prefer people who are more down to earth and laid back, like Seb

But behind the wheel he is much of a cunt as Lewis is outside racing, so this doesn't make sense.

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Tommy said:

Every successful driver is a bit of a cunt in the car. It's only natural in that competitive environment.

1 hour ago, Cannabis said:

The levels of bias honestly xD

I know this thread is 99% of silly "banter" but how so? I think it's well known that pretty much every driver is at least a bit of a jerk to other drivers on track and the most successful ones are usually the most ruthless and uncompromising; it just comes with the nature of motorsports. Off-track is a completely different thing though. Now I won't get into the whole silly Lewis & Seb fanboy fight but for me it sounds pretty normal that both on- and off-track impressions combined play a role in whether people find someone likeable or not. It's all a bit silly anyway as none of us actually knows the drivers and their true personalities either way.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Cannabis said:

Yet when Hamilton does it he's the incarnation of the devil :dam:. Anyhoo, looking forward to the new season - banter aside. Counting down the days to testing. 

I never disrespect Hamilton as a driver, as I know that he's one of the greats. It's just his personality that I find very cringy. 

• Subscriber
19 minutes ago, AMG said:

Toro Rosso, again has a prettier car than the Red Bull.

Why dont they just swap the liveries?

Red Bull's 'special edition' livery when they unveiled the car last year was amazing, they should have kept it instead of their usual one...

ap-1utn4a3uh2112_news.jpg?quality=85

maxresdefault.jpg

Screen-Shot-2018-02-19-at-09-35-43_trans

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Tommy said:

Same. Most people seem to love the new livery. I think it looks kinda meh. 

It's a bit as if someone applied the blue on the white background with the airbrush in MS Paint. Looks like a tube of toothpaste. 

52033987_2792944954177139_46082902712542

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Are there dates for when other teams designs are due to be announced? 

February 7 Haas Livery launch online
February 11 Toro Rosso Online
February 11 Williams Livery launch
February 12 Renault Enstone, UK
February 13 Mercedes Silverstone, UK
February 13 Red Bull To be confirmed
February 13 Racing Point Toronto, Canada
February 14 McLaren McLaren Technology Centre
February 15 Ferrari Maranello, Italy
February 18 Alfa Romeo Barcelona, Spain
TESTING DATES    
February 18-21 Test One Barcelona, Spain
February 26-March 1 Test Two Barcelona, Spain

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Yeah, the new Williams is absolute vomit. Hoping they're at the back again so I don't have to look at it. 

Toro Rosso having a reveal is laughable too, it's the exact same as last year.

Yeah the livery is the same and the car is quite similar to STR13 as well. Craig Scarborough did a nice initial analysis highlighting some changes; lower mounted front suspension, slotted floor, high inlet sidepods to name a few.