talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Formula One - General Chat

football forum

12 minutes ago, nudge said:

What an absolute beauty that Alfa is :x

The livery is beautiful but almost identical to last season. Bit boring compared to how wild the testing livery was :D

edit: Just noticed it says Sauber Engineering on the sidepod :x

• Like 1

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Tommy said:

Shiny tyres :35_thinking:

I thought it's a bit silly if it doesn't have an effect on performance but then I read that apparently it's not only that as chrome moulds deal better with the stickiness of the compounds so the tires end up with less small imperfections...

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, nudge said:

F1 Official Fantasy Game is now on... https://fantasy.formula1.com

I created a TF365 league for us for just a bit of additional fun - if anyone else is willing to join here's the invite code: 7edfe31877

Wait for me. First two team name attempts already taken. Scuderia Grazie Ragazzi and Scuderia Mamma Mia :4_joy:

edit: Ckya Blyat Kvyat taken too -_- 

Nvm: There was an issue with the site. 

• Haha 1

• Subscriber

What's killed some of my enthusiasm for F1 in recent years is the gulf redeveloping between the top teams and the rest. I'd love to see it like 2007-2008 again where if one of the fastest four cars spun at the start or lost a front wing they'd have to fight just to get back into the points. Nowadays if Bottas loses half a lap with a puncture you know he'll be 6th again by the halfway point.

I remember in 2008 especially that if you were a Williams or a Honda you'd struggle to get into Q2 most weeks like the Toro Rosso or Sauber drivers today, but with one wet race or safety car you could suddenly get 4th or 5th if you kept your head straight and drove well.

DRS is part of the problem as it makes recovery drives much easier but even without DRS, at most tracks it would be pretty easy for a top three car to cruise past the entire midfield without much resistance.

Hopefully this year the Renault, Force India, McLaren, Alfa Romeo, Haas league of cars is more like 0.7-0.8s slower than the top teams rather than almost 2 full seconds.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

What's killed some of my enthusiasm for F1 in recent years is the gulf redeveloping between the top teams and the rest. I'd love to see it like 2007-2008 again where if one of the fastest four cars spun at the start or lost a front wing they'd have to fight just to get back into the points. Nowadays if Bottas loses half a lap with a puncture you know he'll be 6th again by the halfway point.

I remember in 2008 especially that if you were a Williams or a Honda you'd struggle to get into Q2 most weeks like the Toro Rosso or Sauber drivers today, but with one wet race or safety car you could suddenly get 4th or 5th if you kept your head straight and drove well.

DRS is part of the problem as it makes recovery drives much easier but even without DRS, at most tracks it would be pretty easy for a top three car to cruise past the entire midfield without much resistance.

Hopefully this year the Renault, Force India, McLaren, Alfa Romeo, Haas league of cars is more like 0.7-0.8s slower than the top teams rather than almost 2 full seconds.

Last season when speaking with people about F1, they would rave about a FErrari, RB or Merc driver who started from the back and got into the points, a podium or a top 5 finish. I tried explaining to them that as good as it looks on paper, any decent track where you can overtake, it isn't as difficult as it seems for the top 3 teams last season.