talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Formula One - General Chat

football forum

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Tommy said:

I know ladbible isn't the most reliable source, but I read it on German websites too. It's quite recent. 

https://www.ladbible.com/news/sport-former-ferrari-boss-says-michael-schumacher-keeps-fighting-20190730

I see; looks like a new article but it says exactly the same what Todt said months ago - so probably that's the only thing that he's able to say without giving out any more details.

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, nudge said:

I see; looks like a new article but it says exactly the same what Todt said months ago - so probably that's the only thing that he's able to say without giving out any more details.

Yea, I know. In the end, nobody knows the real state of him. You're just always hoping for positive news, and cling on to anything that sounds remotely positive. 

• Sad 1

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Tommy said:

Yea, I know. In the end, nobody knows the real state of him. You're just always hoping for positive news, and cling on to anything that sounds remotely positive. 

Yeah... But let's be honest - it's been almost 6 years since the accident and at this point full recovery is probably very unlikely at best and impossible at worst. Hope is good, but I think people should come to terms with the facts and respect family's and his wishes for privacy. 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, nudge said:

No shit xD I wonder why...

He's so worried about his "image", and that's all he is personality wise, talent aside. I admire him as a racing driver, but as a personality he is one big cringe show. It all went downhill after he dated that Scherzinger broad. 

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Tommy said:

He's so worried about his "image", and that's all he is personality wise, talent aside. I admire him as a racing driver, but as a personality he is one big cringe show. It all went downhill after he dated that Scherzinger broad. 

Hmmm that's a bold claim; I'm sure there's much more to him than that celebrity persona he puts on in public... I don't like that bling-bling style and social media nonsense but he also seems to be genuinely interested in a lot of different things outside of that (not to mention that we have absolutely no idea how he is as a private person) so I don't think it's a fair judgement of character.

This reaction to Netflix footage at Hockenheim is a bit throwing the toys out of the pram like though xD 

I don't know. Everything he does seems so artificial to me. Like on Instagram he unfollowed everyone in a time he wasn't happy with something. Proper Jesus complex. 

Anyway, something more delightful:

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Tommy said:

I don't know. Everything he does seems so artificial to me. Like on Instagram he unfollowed everyone in a time he wasn't happy with something. Proper Jesus complex. 

My point is, it's easy to forget that there's an actual person behind the public image...a person with all its strengths and weaknesses, character flaws and certain habits and behavioural patterns and what not. It's always more than one dimension to any person and celebrities are not an exception. As for social media...Yeah it's cringy but not surprising considering it's a disease of our generation. I see so much drama, tantrums, attention seeking and the likes from "regular" people on there that I have to roll my eyes constantly; it's all bullshit anyway. 

3 minutes ago, nudge said:

My point is, it's easy to forget that there's an actual person behind the public image...a person with all its strengths and weaknesses, character flaws and certain habits and behavioural patterns and what not. It's always more than one dimension to any person and celebrities are not an exception. As for social media...Yeah it's cringy but not surprising considering it's a disease of our generation. I see so much drama, tantrums, attention seeking and the likes from "regular" people on there that I have to roll my eyes constantly; it's all bullshit anyway. 

Agreed. To be fair, if anything, I see Lewis' having a bit of a confidence issues, and maybe dealing with set-backs growing up. I remember him talking about being bullied, which I can relate to. Maybe that's why he tries to appears so shiny nowadays. But yea, I can relate, but it's also a bit too much. But maybe it's just a bit of a coping mechanism. 

• Upvote 2

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, MUFC said:

I suggest reading the posts above yours the next time xD 

16 hours ago, Tommy said:

:34_rolling_eyes:

16 hours ago, nudge said:

No shit xD I wonder why...

16 hours ago, nudge said:

Hmmm that's a bold claim; I'm sure there's much more to him than that celebrity persona he puts on in public... I don't like that bling-bling style and social media nonsense but he also seems to be genuinely interested in a lot of different things outside of that (not to mention that we have absolutely no idea how he is as a private person) so I don't think it's a fair judgement of character.

This reaction to Netflix footage at Hockenheim is a bit throwing the toys out of the pram like though xD 

15 hours ago, nudge said:

15 hours ago, Tommy said:

Agreed. To be fair, if anything, I see Lewis' having a bit of a confidence issues, and maybe dealing with set-backs growing up. I remember him talking about being bullied, which I can relate to. Maybe that's why he tries to appears so shiny nowadays. But yea, I can relate, but it's also a bit too much. But maybe it's just a bit of a coping mechanism. 

1 hour ago, RandoEFC said:

I miss Rob Smedley and Jock Clear being race engineers.

I miss Rocky. He had such a great relationship with Seb at Red Bull. 

To be fair, now all you hear is Bono, apart from the occasional "pee-wan Sebastiaaan."