talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Formula One - General Chat

football forum

• Subscriber

Verstappen, Russell and Perez are the three drivers who outqualified their teammates by the biggest margin in the first half of the season. Other drivers are very evenly matched; the gap is smallest between Leclerc/Vettel and Kvyat/Albon.

7 minutes ago, nudge said:

Verstappen, Russell and Perez are the three drivers who outqualified their teammates by the biggest margin in the first half of the season. Other drivers are very evenly matched; the gap is smallest between Leclerc/Vettel and Kvyat/Albon.

No realy surprises really. I mean Gasly and Kubs have been awful compared to their teams mates, and Stroll just finally got out of Q1 for the first time in a decade it seems. 

9 minutes ago, nudge said:

Liberty Media in talks with Saudi Arabia to hold a new Grand Prix in 2021.

Saw this about KSA, and immediately thought of Tatiana Calderon, and her racing there and if their would be any issues. 

Also, Liberty Media? I wasn't aware they were invovled in F1, but I know them well as they own the local baseball team here (Atlanta Braves)

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Eco said:

Saw this about KSA, and immediately thought of Tatiana Calderon, and her racing there and if their would be any issues. 

Also, Liberty Media? I wasn't aware they were invovled in F1, but I know them well as they own the local baseball team here (Atlanta Braves)

I mean they recently allowed women to drive and to travel without a male guardian's approval so she'll probably be fine xD 

Liberty Media owns F1...

2 minutes ago, nudge said:

I mean they recently allowed women to drive and to travel without a male guardian's approval so she'll probably be fine xD 

Liberty Media owns F1...

They do? :ph34r:

Had zero idea. 

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Eco said:

They do? :ph34r:

Had zero idea. 

Haha yeah they bought the controlling package like three or four years ago. Hence all the marketing actions to advertise the sport in the US.

Just now, nudge said:

Haha yeah they bought the controlling package like three or four years ago. Hence all the marketing actions to advertise the sport in the US.

That makes sense. They are always being discussed here as they do own the major baseball team here so people are either blaming them for not getting better players, or praising them for the team we currently have. 

• Subscriber

A new Formula 1 team is looking to join the grid in time for the 2021 season :o 

https://www.racefans.net/2019/08/23/new-f1-team-panthera-seeking-to-join-grid-in-2021/

Panthera Team Asia :x

Short summary:
- They want to follow the Haas model
- Benjamin Durand (former director of SMP Racing and BR Engineering) is the founder of the team
- Tim Milne (Renault, Honda, Super Aguri, Toyota, Caterham and Manor) is Head of aerodynamics
- Engine deal has already been signed
- No official announcement yet; FIA is expected to open the tender after the new regulations are confirmed

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, nudge said:

A new Formula 1 team is looking to join the grid in time for the 2021 season :o 

https://www.racefans.net/2019/08/23/new-f1-team-panthera-seeking-to-join-grid-in-2021/

Panthera Team Asia :x

Short summary:
- They want to follow the Haas model
- Benjamin Durand (former director of SMP Racing and BR Engineering) is the founder of the team
- Tim Milne (Renault, Honda, Super Aguri, Toyota, Caterham and Manor) is Head of aerodynamics
- Engine deal has already been signed
- No official announcement yet; FIA is expected to open the tender after the new regulations are confirmed

Love that name. Panthera already has something about it. 

Hope it works out!

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Eco said:

Bottas on IG has changed his profile from Mercedes F1 Driver to just...Driver. 

Weird one, I wouldn't read too much into it as even if he's leaving it won't be until 2020 begins. 

They did say they would decide on Hamilton's team mate during the summer break which is over halfway done now. It was supposed to be between him and Ocon but if Ocon goes to Renault then perhaps there would be a left field option we hadn't considered to go into that seat. Russell or even Verstappen as a big shocker.

I doubt it though, I'm 70% sure it will be Bottas still, 20% Ocon, 10% some wildcard third option.