talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Formula One - General Chat

football forum

• Administrator
11 hours ago, Tommy said:

Gonna be interesting to see what other tracks they're gonna use after these. 

I doubt Brazil, Mexico & US would go ahead; they don't seem to have stopped their COVID, and I doubt the rates would go down after all the stuff happening recently.

Maybe they'll head to/towards Asia - Russia, Azerbaijan, Abu Dhabi, Bahrain, Vietnam for Sept-Nov...

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Stan said:

I doubt Brazil, Mexico & US would go ahead; they don't seem to have stopped their COVID, and I doubt the rates would go down after all the stuff happening recently.

Maybe they'll head to/towards Asia - Russia, Azerbaijan, Abu Dhabi, Bahrain, Vietnam for Sept-Nov...

In worst case, just stay in Europe. Mugello and Hockenheim are already the official backup races if the non-European ones can't go ahead, many more tracks could be added, if needed. That would be pretty cool... 

• Upvote 1

• Administrator

3 more cancelled :(

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/53020714

The Japanese, Singapore and Azerbaijan Grands Prix have been cancelled because of the coronavirus pandemic.

Formula 1 has tried to find a way to hold the races in 2020 but announced on Friday that was not possible in the uncertain global situation.

The historic event at Suzuka is off as a result of Japan's ban on many international travellers.

Races in Singapore and Baku cannot be held because the street circuits cannot be built in the current climate.

The cancellations mean F1 has lost a further three key grands prix to the Covid-19 crisis that has already claimed the season-opening race in Australia and the blue-riband Monaco event.

Japan and Singapore are two of the most prestigious and popular races on the calendar.

Suzuka resonates with drivers and fans alike as perhaps the most challenging of all tracks, while Singapore's night event is not only a physical and mental test of endurance because of the hot, humid and bumpy conditions and length of the race, but is also popular with corporate visitors.

Azerbaijan pays one of the highest fees of all races and the Baku street track, with its super-long pit straight, has become known for its incident-packed grands prix.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator
On 24/06/2020 at 22:09, Tommy said:

Underrated

Gasly: Hülkenberg

Unlucky

Kvyat: Hülkenberg

:61_sob:

Was so obvious Ricciardo would choose himself for beautiful xD 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, MUFC said:

Saw that programme on Servus TV yesterday, was a bit weird to see Vettel with his Ferrari shirt along with Horner, Max and Gasly, haha. In all honesty, wouldn't be surprised if Seb returns to Red Bull at some point. They appear to still have a great relationship, and I don't think Albon will last long...

1 hour ago, nudge said:

Saw that programme on Servus TV yesterday, was a bit weird to see Vettel with his Ferrari shirt along with Horner, Max and Gasly, haha. In all honesty, wouldn't be surprised if Seb returns to Red Bull at some point. They appear to still have a great relationship, and I don't think Albon will last long...

What makes you think Albon won't last long? He drove great at times last season and was on his way to a podium or potentially a win last race. 

• Subscriber
32 minutes ago, Tommy said:

What makes you think Albon won't last long? He drove great at times last season and was on his way to a podium or potentially a win last race. 

I hope I'm wrong, but I think to keep his seat long term, he'll have to regularly stay 1-2 tenths within Max in order for RB to be able to threaten Mercedes in terms of strategy, and I don't think he is capable of that. It's hard to judge him based on last season (thought he was ok, especially since it was his debut season and he changed teams too) and last race, as his car didn't have the upgrades, but he was losing pace pretty fast after the start, and if it wasn't for SC and great strategy, he wouldn't have been able to close the gap to Mercedes (which in itself is not surprising, but considering that Max was able to stay within 3 seconds off Bottas despite being on slower tyres, while Albon lost 12 seconds in 15 laps to Hamilton after being overtaken by him, it doesn't exactly inspire confidence in his race pace). Again, it's too early to judge, but I just don't think he'll be able to deliver what RB expect from him.

• Sad 1

Big day in F1: In the afternoon @RenaultF1Team will confirm the comeback of @alo_oficial And I collect, besides gardening. further information about a much bigger sensation for the SillySeason. More on Thursday morning on @MST_Formula1!

:35_thinking:

• Wow 1