talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Formula One - General Chat

football forum

Just now, nudge said:

Turkey, Bahrain and Abu Dhabi added to the calendar. 

20200825_141616.thumb.jpg.4a3c2f8cf931f3d501265de7efdd8d3b.jpg

We race as one! Except when it comes to racing in countries that lack serious human rights. :ph34r: Always loved Istanbul Park though. 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Azeem said:

Sharp turns ?

Elevation changes, high speed nature of the track, a mix of long straights and challenging sweeping corners, many of them with little run off so precision is required as even the tiniest mistakes can lead to severe punishment, some hard braking zones. Highly unpredictable weather conditions too. 

It's always been one of the most dangerous (and lethal) circuits; these days the safety has been improved immensely, but still bad accidents happen quite often. F2 driver lost his life there last year too.

• Sad 1

• Subscriber

@Azeem Here's the video of the crash I mentioned: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yKhkAHJp58 Watch at your own risk, the impact was 70 G, it's brutal, especially when you know one of the drivers (Hubert) died and the other one (Correa) spent a week on a life-support machine and almost lost his leg; doctors had to pretty much rebuild it and it will likely never make a full recovery :( 

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, nudge said:

@Azeem Here's the video of the crash I mentioned: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yKhkAHJp58 Watch at your own risk, the impact was 70 G, it's brutal, especially when you know one of the drivers (Hubert) died and the other one (Correa) spent a week on a life-support machine and almost lost his leg; doctors had to pretty much rebuild it and it will likely never make a full recovery :( 

So is the race cancelled at least on the day in case of such a fatal accident ?

• Subscriber
Just now, Azeem said:

So is the race cancelled at least on the day in case of such a fatal accident ?

Yes, they stopped the race immediately, and also canceled the next day's race out of respect too.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
Just now, Eco said:

Do it! YOLO

I'm definitely buying the tickets next week (if I can get them before they're gone, haha). If the circumstances change and flights are canceled or the race takes place behind close doors after all, 3 quids is not exactly a huge financial loss anyway xD 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, nudge said:

Just checked Sochi too, only 80-100€ for 3 days tix... No direct flights though, so I'll have to pass on that one.

Too bad it's not in Moscow. My family still has a house in Yaroslavl and Moscow that are currently unoccupied. 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Eco said:

Too bad it's not in Moscow. My family still has a house in Yaroslavl and Moscow that are currently unoccupied. 

I have a friend in Moscow too. But to be honest, Moscow in November is probably not a great idea for the race haha xD 

Just now, nudge said:

I have a friend in Moscow too. But to be honest, Moscow in November is probably not a great idea for the race haha xD 

Ha yes, no doubt that isn't ideal. 

Yaroslavl is even worse that time of year. haha

Is your Moscow friend @Denis by chance? 

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Pyfish said:

Just getting back into F1 again after watching Drive to Survive and getting F1 2019 for free on Xbox. Excited for this weekend even if I'm not too familiarised on drivers and teams again yet.

Ah, next year you should join our fantasy league!