talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Formula One - General Chat

football forum

14 minutes ago, Eco said:

Ah, next year you should join our fantasy league!

It's Pyfish. Once he gets properly back into F1, we'll have all kind of different competitions going. :ph34r:

Not a great time to get back into F1 though. You'll start to hear "Get in there, Lewis" in your nightmares after a few weeks or months. 

• Sad 1

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Pyfish said:

Just getting back into F1 again after watching Drive to Survive and getting F1 2019 for free on Xbox. Excited for this weekend even if I'm not too familiarised on drivers and teams again yet.

As you say 'again' who did you like back whenever you were supporting anyone? Any preferred teams or drivers?

Aside from Hamilton winning most races at a canter which in itself is relatively boring due to no competition, it's the rest of the field where there can be good battles. I missed the Belgian GP at the weekend but other races occasionally have some decent fights for places.

Oh and Ferrari are proper shite these days :(. Don't mention anything about Vettel to Tommy. It's like Messi leaving Barcelona. All kinds of broken friendships going on...

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Eco said:

Ah, next year you should join our fantasy league!

I will!

51 minutes ago, Tommy said:

It's Pyfish. Once he gets properly back into F1, we'll have all kind of different competitions going. :ph34r:

Not a great time to get back into F1 though. You'll start to hear "Get in there, Lewis" in your nightmares after a few weeks or months. 

Gloryhunter: F1 Edition - anyone?! :D

18 minutes ago, Stan said:

As you say 'again' who did you like back whenever you were supporting anyone? Any preferred teams or drivers?

Aside from Hamilton winning most races at a canter which in itself is relatively boring due to no competition, it's the rest of the field where there can be good battles. I missed the Belgian GP at the weekend but other races occasionally have some decent fights for places.

Oh and Ferrari are proper shite these days :(. Don't mention anything about Vettel to Tommy. It's like Messi leaving Barcelona. All kinds of broken friendships going on...

I quite like Ricciardo but that's only from the Netflix thing and I've not watched them all yet. I hate Verstappen. I always used to lean towards Renault. I'll just give it a watch and see who catches my eye.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Pyfish said:

I quite like Ricciardo but that's only from the Netflix thing and I've not watched them all yet. I hate Verstappen. I always used to lean towards Renault. I'll just give it a watch and see who catches my eye.

Mate - I was where you once were, brought to the glory of F1 via Netflix series. I implore you to heed my advice this weekend when you are watching the race OR the Netflix series. 

1. Don't watch Season 2, it's awful. 

2. The Ricciardo you see in Netflix, is VERY similar to the one on the grid. He's a very goofy, funny, entertaining driver. Also worth mentioning, is that he is a fantastic driver. 

3. Max is not a bad guy, not unless you think a guy who has an abusive father, wants to succeed at all costs, and might be the most talented driver on the grid outside of Hamilton. He's not an asshole, just direct at times. He definitely has no feuds (at least I'm aware of) with Daniel, and both have a good relationship. And without Max...F1 would absolutely suck and be like watching a season of League Two football where this Liverpool team gets to compete against the regular L2 teams. But with Max...we have a chance to see a battle for 1st. I also didn't care for Max at the beginning, but now that I'm more than a year into it, I am so happy to have Max and might even consider him my favorite driver. Absolute class guy with a shit ton of talent. If you want to see where cunts and dicks, watch F2 with Mazepin and Tictum...now though are some top tier ass hats for you 

• Upvote 2

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Eco said:

Mate - I was where you once were, brought to the glory of F1 via Netflix series. I implore you to heed my advice this weekend when you are watching the race OR the Netflix series. 

1. Don't watch Season 2, it's awful. 

2. The Ricciardo you see in Netflix, is VERY similar to the one on the grid. He's a very goofy, funny, entertaining driver. Also worth mentioning, is that he is a fantastic driver. 

3. Max is not a bad guy, not unless you think a guy who has an abusive father, wants to succeed at all costs, and might be the most talented driver on the grid outside of Hamilton. He's not an asshole, just direct at times. He definitely has no feuds (at least I'm aware of) with Daniel, and both have a good relationship. And without Max...F1 would absolutely suck and be like watching a season of League Two football where this Liverpool team gets to compete against the regular L2 teams. But with Max...we have a chance to see a battle for 1st. I also didn't care for Max at the beginning, but now that I'm more than a year into it, I am so happy to have Max and might even consider him my favorite driver. Absolute class guy with a shit ton of talent. If you want to see where cunts and dicks, watch F2 with Mazepin and Tictum...now though are some top tier ass hats for you 

Glad I'm not the only one who thinks Season 2 was crap. I managed to go through 3 or 4 episodes, fell asleep in the process and then never watched it again. First season was good, despite all its flaws.

As for Max, he is surely a polarising character; there are plenty of people who can't stand him (hi, @DeadLinesman) and that's alright... Netflix made him into a villain for no reason as it fitted their narrative though, and that's a bit too reality-show-fake-drama for my liking.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

• Subscriber
On 13/09/2020 at 12:22, MUFC said:

On Austrian TV before the race yesterday, they talked to Toto Wolff about this. He straight out denied that Ineos are buying the majority of the shares and said that Mercedes is definitely staying in F1 as Mercedes. However, what I found curious was his unwillingness to confirm that he'll remain at Mercedes as the team principal. I still think he will move to Aston Martin at some point. 

• Upvote 2

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Eco said:

There were videos of Stroll and Toto riding away in their scooters...was there ever any reason given for such a meeting? 

We'll both are shareholders at Aston Martin, so there's definitely mutual interest. 

• 2 weeks later...

Fernando is and always has been an utterly bitter cunt. He's developed an unhealthy amount of hate for Sebastian when the latter was at Red Bull. I remember when they asked Seb about Fernando and he said "I'd love to have a chat and a coffee with him, but for some reason he doesn't like me." Renault/Alpin made a big mistake bringing that toxic cunt into the team, and should have gone with Zhou or one of the other juniors. 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, Tommy said:

Fernando is and always has been an utterly bitter cunt. He's developed an unhealthy amount of hate for Sebastian when the latter was at Red Bull. I remember when they asked Seb about Fernando and he said "I'd love to have a chat and a coffee with him, but for some reason he doesn't like me." Renault/Alpin made a big mistake bringing that toxic cunt into the team, and should have gone with Zhou or one of the other juniors. 

Lundgaard > Zhou. Anyway, none of them have superlicense at the moment. Both Lundgaard and Zhou need to finish at least 4th in F2 this season; doesn't look good for Zhou at all as he's currently 8th, 32 pts behind the 4th and in a pretty disappointing form recently. Things are looking much better for  Lundgaard at the moment, but with 4 races still remaining, it's not yet guaranteed either. Renault might have had doubts about his inexperience and lack of consistency as well. Piastri is eligible now after winning the F3 title, but he's definitely not ready for F1 yet. The rest of their juniors (Fewtrell, David, Collet) are out of the question completely. 

I'd much rather see a young driver in F1 next season instead of Alonso too, and in my opinion, it would have made sense for Renault to wait until the end of the season and then make their decision - if neither Lundgaard or Zhou managed to get the required superlicense points, they could have gone for Alonso then. 

• Upvote 1