talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Formula One - General Chat

football forum

32 minutes ago, Eco said:

I still don't grasp you hatred of Tsunoda and Gasly. 

And then there's the minor extra detail that every single Japanese driver in Formula 1 in the last 15 years has been an absolute joke.

Seriously, go on, name me one remotely acceptable driver from Japan.

Just now, AMG said:

And then there's the minor extra detail that every single Japanese driver in Formula 1 in the last 15 years has been an absolute joke.

But certainly the fact that he could be the first relevant Japanese driver is something to encourage as it would just add to F1? 

And I like Kyvat, but I don't understand your love of him. To me he appears a decent driver, that sometimes gets too reckless. He is definitely on his last legs of his F1 career, and I would love to get more representation on the grid as long as the drivers are deserving and didn't just pay for their place. 

I used to loath Stroll for how he was given a silver platter to F1, but he's turned out to be a talented driver so I am happy for him. 

7 minutes ago, nudge said:

What's not to get? He loves Kvyat, and hates everyone who endangers his seat, simple as.

I get it, but I never understand the joy and hope of someone's failure, unless they are a total douche of the highest order, which Albon, Gasly and Tsunoda aren't. 

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, AMG said:

Kamui Kobayashi. Loved watching him - fast, aggressive, daring, entertaining. Definitely an underrated driver, and would have done much better if he had the funding and better teams. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, nudge said:

Kamui Kobayashi. Loved watching him - fast, aggressive, daring, entertaining. Definitely an underrated driver, and would have done much better if he had the funding and better teams. 

I'm not sure if I want to consider a driver that has always and consistently been overshadowed by his teammates as decent.

But okay, best of the rest.

More suited to closed cockpit racing.

16 minutes ago, nudge said:

Is that the same Kobayashi from Le Mans this year? 

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, AMG said:

I'm not sure if I want to consider a driver that has always and consistently been overshadowed by his teammates as decent.

But okay, best of the rest.

More suited to closed cockpit racing.

To be fair, Kobayashi only lost out to Perez during the 2012 season - and even then, it was very close. 66-60 in championship points, 11-9 in qualifying. Before that, he generally did as well as his teammates in qualifying and better than his teammates in races every season. 

eVrWdw0.png

2009 - debut season, drove only in two races. Lost to his teammate Trulli in qualifying, but got the better of him in those two races.

2010 - Beat Heidfeld both in qualifying and in races (11-6 in pts), was equal to de la Rosa in qualifying and comfortably beat him in races (21-6 in pts).

2011 - was better than de la Rosa in one quali/race (6-0 in pts), was equal to Perez in qualifying, beat him in races (24-14 pts).

2012 - got outqualified and outscored by Perez (60-66 in pts).

2014 - no points in a shitty Caterham for either him or his teammates, but he outqualified Ericsson quite clearly.

And yes, he's fantastic in sportscars, still love watching him.

^

OK, whatever.

IDGAF really about what happened 8 years ago

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Moving on.......

Mick's already targeting Lewis's record. Lad seems to have a nice  calm head. Ambitious, not cocky.

https://formulascout.com/mick-schumacher-aiming-to-win-back-f1-win-record-from-lewis-hamilton/68579

Edited by AMG
  • Confused 1

Kamui was an awesome driver. Very quick and daring. His podium in Japan and his courageous overtakes were awesome!

Takuma Sato was quite talented as well, but I think he was rushed into F1 because Jordan-Honda were desperate for a Japanese Driver, and he was an exciting prospect. His later achievements show how talented he really is. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, nudge said:

Explain?...

Apparently George Russell convinced Claire Williams to give him a drive by making a Power Point presentation. 

Also the reason why he used powerpoint in this video:

When Seb announced that he's leaving Ferrari he posted this:

So yea, George is good with Powerpoint, and now Checo asked him if he could make him one to get a seat for next season. :D :( 

• Haha 1

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Apparently George Russell convinced Claire Williams to give him a drive by making a Power Point presentation. 

Also the reason why he used powerpoint in this video:

When Seb announced that he's leaving Ferrari he posted this:

So yea, George is good with Powerpoint, and now Checo asked him if he could make him one to get a seat for next season. :D :( 

Jesus, that's a lot of context for one insta comment :7_sweat_smile:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, nudge said:

Naaaah, I'll leave that to you and just ask for updates when necessary xD 

You really feel like an old fart when you check Instagram or Facebook to see what all these Young Guns are up to. xD

• Haha 1

• Administrator
15 hours ago, AMG said:

14 hours ago, AMG said:

^

OK, whatever.

IDGAF really about what happened 8 years ago

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

15 years is okay but 8 years isn't? 

What drugs you on mate xD

44 minutes ago, Stan said:

15 years is okay but 8 years isn't? 

What drugs you on mate xD

I mean, minor technicalities aside, he was a backmarker. And no mid-field team even thought him good enough to give him a seat. A pay driver (well, technically no, he got his sat because of his ties with Toyota)