talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Formula One - General Chat

football forum

• Administrator
25 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Young Valtteri's hair though. xD

Vettel was definitely the class clown at school with a grin like that. Pranking teachers and kids alike. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Stan said:

Anyone feel old yet xD

What is also weird is seeing drivers whose father you saw racing in F1. Verstappen, Magnussen back in the day, now Mick. I also still have an remote-controlled car somewhere of Carlos Sainz Seniors WRC Toyo Corolla from the 90s. 

• Upvote 1

• Administrator
12 minutes ago, Tommy said:

What is also weird is seeing drivers whose father you saw racing in F1. Verstappen, Magnussen back in the day, now Mick. I also still have an remote-controlled car somewhere of Carlos Sainz Seniors WRC Toyo Corolla from the 90s. 

Must be great for some of those younger ones to be driving on the same tracks as drivers they saw growing up too. Must feel quite humbling for the older drivers too if they know they've played a part as inspiration for the younger drivers to take up and succeed in the sport... 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, MUFC said:

Wondering if he gets replaced mid-season. Especially if Max and Perez are out performing him.

It's pretty obvious that this is his last year at Mercedes, but I don't think they would replace him mid-season. Although based on that video above, Toto seems to be fed up :7_sweat_smile: 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, nudge said:

It's pretty obvious that this is his last year at Mercedes, but I don't think they would replace him mid-season. Although based on that video above, Toto seems to be fed up :7_sweat_smile: 

Yeah, this first race was a follow on from last season. At the start he just lost places, last season it was happening nearly every race in the second half of the season. This seems a driver who is really short of confidence. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Imagine if that happened back then. :o 

I think K-Mag could have been something special, 2nd place in his first GP says it all. He just got a bit lost in the wilderness with his moves to Renault and then going to Haas which would become the backmarker car. 

Don't get me wrong, you make your own luck and perhaps he could have done more with McLaren, but the potentially was definitely there with him for me.

• Upvote 1