talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Formula One - General Chat

football forum

• Subscriber

Literally just a duplicate Bahrain that looks a bit worse. Disappointing given some of the other circuits we don't get. Not to mention the human rights issue that dog the Middle East and lead to these blatant attempts at sports-washing. Still, we've seen from Russia this weekend that even the worst tracks can host a good race if the racing gods see fit.

1 hour ago, Tommy said:

Soon they'll exclusively race in countries with terrible human rights records. 

They will go where the money is, and right now there is a correlation between some of the countries with a lot of money coupled with a lack of human rights.

They'd head to Afghanistan tomorrow if the price was right. 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Eco said:

They will go where the money is, and right now there is a correlation between some of the countries with a lot of money coupled with a lack of human rights.

They'd head to Afghanistan tomorrow if the price was right. 

Now that I would like to see 👀 xD 

• Haha 1

• Subscriber

Screen Shot 2021-10-04 at 09.54.19.png

Just seen this. :dam: I haven't absolutely hated the sprint format and I can accept that it was worth a try. I just don't think it offers enough to the weekend to be worth tearing up all of the tradition behind regular qualifying and a single-race F1 weekend. Given the reception to the sprint races, especially at Monza after the novelty of it being the first one wore off, I can only ask - is there a sport more tone-deaf than F1 when it comes to the feedback of their genuine fans? Their argument that it was a success is based on how many 'social media engagements' they had on sprint race weekends. Most of the drivers didn't like it and long term fans of the sport were lukewarm on it at best. I don't mind them having stuff like Drive to Survive to appeal to the average casual fan because I don't have to watch it if I don't want to. The thing that has set F1 apart as the elite motorsport though is that it's largely stayed pure in terms of the competition whereas others have nonsense like push-to-pass or reverse grids or three races on a weekend. F1 has always minimised the gimmicks and still retained its status and popularity. DRS put a dent in that and the sprint race format is another one.

9 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Screen Shot 2021-10-04 at 09.54.19.png

Just seen this. :dam: I haven't absolutely hated the sprint format and I can accept that it was worth a try. I just don't think it offers enough to the weekend to be worth tearing up all of the tradition behind regular qualifying and a single-race F1 weekend. Given the reception to the sprint races, especially at Monza after the novelty of it being the first one wore off, I can only ask - is there a sport more tone-deaf than F1 when it comes to the feedback of their genuine fans? Their argument that it was a success is based on how many 'social media engagements' they had on sprint race weekends. Most of the drivers didn't like it and long term fans of the sport were lukewarm on it at best. I don't mind them having stuff like Drive to Survive to appeal to the average casual fan because I don't have to watch it if I don't want to. The thing that has set F1 apart as the elite motorsport though is that it's largely stayed pure in terms of the competition whereas others have nonsense like push-to-pass or reverse grids or three races on a weekend. F1 has always minimised the gimmicks and still retained its status and popularity. DRS put a dent in that and the sprint race format is another one.

Sprint race in Britain and Italy so far. Been nothing to shout about.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
9 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Wtf is supposed to be wrong with the women's pants on the top right?

Anyway, absolutely disgraceful. 

Same as with men's on the bottom right... They probably mean those ripped jeans with huge holes. 

• Upvote 1