talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Formula One - General Chat

football forum

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Drive to Survive is such great content.

When I was a kid watching my dad watch F1 felt like torture, I’ve always had a brain that jumps from thing to thing quite impulsively so whilst I’ve always liked elements of F1, Monaco Grand Prix for example, I’ve never been able to get into it.

But since watching Drive To Survive something just clicked, it’s incredibly well put together for someone who generally has little interest and easily introduces you to the wide range of elements that go into F1 from the drivers, to the teams, to the mechanics, the tracks, everything. There’s so much drama going on too, the programme is really good at encapsulating good drama.

But yeah I’m not entirely sure I’ll end up an avid F1 fan but the series has certainly brought a level of enjoyment for the sport that I didn’t realise I had before. Also I’m only on series 1 so got a lot of watching to do before the new season starts.

• Subscriber
18 minutes ago, Danny said:

Drive to Survive is such great content.

When I was a kid watching my dad watch F1 felt like torture, I’ve always had a brain that jumps from thing to thing quite impulsively so whilst I’ve always liked elements of F1, Monaco Grand Prix for example, I’ve never been able to get into it.

But since watching Drive To Survive something just clicked, it’s incredibly well put together for someone who generally has little interest and easily introduces you to the wide range of elements that go into F1 from the drivers, to the teams, to the mechanics, the tracks, everything. There’s so much drama going on too, the programme is really good at encapsulating good drama.

But yeah I’m not entirely sure I’ll end up an avid F1 fan but the series has certainly brought a level of enjoyment for the sport that I didn’t realise I had before. Also I’m only on series 1 so got a lot of watching to do before the new season starts.

I understand the appeal, just be aware that a lot of it is fake drama... Still, it did a good job in promoting the sport, especially in countries with little interest, traditionally.

2 minutes ago, nudge said:

I understand the appeal, just be aware that a lot of it is fake drama... Still, it did a good job in promoting the sport, especially in countries with little interest, traditionally.

It’s entertaining enough even if it’s not proper drama, unlike the football equivalents the people in this are allowed personalities 

9 minutes ago, Stan said:

Did they count Hamilton's helmet costs for when Max ran over it at Silverstone? Wonder how much he invoiced them. 

You mean Monza? Silverstone is where Lewis punted Max into the tyre barrier. :ph34r:

• Subscriber
37 minutes ago, Tommy said:

I felt stressed out and depressed just reading about their struggles. 

It's horrible, and they are making it even worse with all those new races added to the calendar. On top of all the crazy working hours, constant traveling and stress, they aren't even paid well, except for the senior roles.

• Sad 1

• Subscriber

This has been mentioned on the F1 podcast I listen to. One of the hosts is an actual journalist employed by F1 too and he says he doesn't know how people Will cope. Teams will end up having to have two race teams or something to go to alternate races or groups of races, I don't know how that factors into cost cutting though!

In other news:

10 minutes ago, nudge said:

Secret Santa! xD 

Lando really isn't the brightest bulb in the box, is he? He has the geography knowledge of a 3 year old. 

Seb getting Esteban a racket so they can play together was very wholesome. 🥰

Also Gio got so much nice stuff for Sainz, and all he got in return were those stupid headbands. xD