talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Formula One - General Chat

football forum

19 hours ago, Panflute said:

I do wonder where the sudden tidal-wave of 'D-Ric is over' content in F1 media and on Youtube is coming from. Like, he was struggling before Monaco, but now everyone seems to have collectively decided that he's done.

i would say he has been underwhelming at McLaren in general.   whatever the reason is the one thing that is certain is the pressure he is under now.

• Subscriber

It isn't sudden. It's been gradually building for basically all of his time at Mclaren where Norris has quite easily had the measure of him. He got a lot of benefit of the doubt last year as people said fairly enough that the new cars would give him a chance for a reset and take away Lando's advantage of being more used to the old-era Mclaren car but things have pretty much carried on the way they were and Lando's two most recent spankings of Daniel in Spain and Monaco in light of his bout of tonsillitis have really triggered the latest chapter of the conversation.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, MUFC said:

Vettel still trying to stay relevant again.    

If there is a driver who is gay and makes it to F1,  fine.   I would however object to flagrant attempts at tokenism to push "the message".    

Its about driving ability,  not sexual orientation. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Panflute said:

Completely random question I just thought of: are race engineers required to speak English to their respective drivers over team radio?

I'm not a 100% sure. But as far as I know, it's more of a Gentleman's agreement between teams, and not a written down rule. Ferrari for example still talk Italian to their drivers in post-race radios sometimes. 

I never knew that he lived in Germany. 

From his Wikipedia:

Pérez moved to Europe in 2005 to compete in the German Formula BMW ADAC series. He was allowed to live in a restaurant owned by his team manager for four months.

😯

• Like 1