talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Formula One - General Chat

football forum

On 22/07/2022 at 10:03, MUFC said:

Reading this article. Have tried reasoning with these newbie fans. Their knowledge revolves around saying "fastest car" and "straight line speed'.

https://www.planetf1.com/news/fernando-alonso-modern-f1-fans-knowledge/

you can tell that by the Anti Alonso fan posse a.k.a Hamilton fans that lurk on that shitshow of a website.

On 25/06/2022 at 23:24, Panflute said:

A really interesting stat from this to me is Max's podium finishes relative to the other numbers. His consistency in finishing on the podium even if it's not his weekend or he doesn't have the fastest car of the weekend is what'll make him super tough to beat in the driver's championship.

max and Alonso are the only ones that have more wins than poles and high consistency in finishing which is strange considering people call him crashstappen.

I think he has matured and with red bulls financial muscle they will remain good for a long time.   F1 may enter a doldrums of one winner only. 

1 hour ago, OrangeKhrush said:

max and Alonso are the only ones that have more wins than poles and high consistency in finishing which is strange considering people call him crashstappen.

I think he has matured and with red bulls financial muscle they will remain good for a long time.   F1 may enter a doldrums of one winner only. 

Usually drivers have time to mature in F3 and F2. Max was rushed into F1 as a teenager, so it was only natural that he was prone to errors or mistakes early in his F1 career. 

• Upvote 1

addressing the alpine situation, it makes sense now why there appeared to be bias in the way the situation was unfolding.  the team was trying to force Alonso out which is why they ordered him for the third time this season to hold behind Ocon despite being faster.   Ocon driving Alonso into a wall is now the 4th or 5th instance of it and I think enough is enough.   

2 hours ago, JoshBRFC said:

He's great.

Loved it when it showed Max and Charles and others watching his impressions earlier in the season.

I feel like his first 1-2 videos were good, and now he's overdoing it. His Günther Steiner impression was really bad. 

• 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, OrangeKhrush said:

I wonder what the pre season odds were on Hamilton getting no wins.

I'd bet that he'll still get one. Mercedes are competitive on some tracks, and I saw him win races on 3 wheels before. 

4 hours ago, Tommy said:

I'd bet that he'll still get one. Mercedes are competitive on some tracks, and I saw him win races on 3 wheels before. 

It really depends. If Mercedes get another chance, then there's also Russell. Hamilton does seem to have the upper hand when it comes to racepace, but then Russell is a smart and talented driver who'll try and nab that victory from Hamilton if he gets the slightest chance to do so.

2 hours ago, OrangeKhrush said:

his best chance is when max wins the title and maybe loses intensity.  

I don't think he's the type of driver to just let loose once the title's clinched. According to himself, he has no interest in breaking records, but I do think he'll go for the win regardless of the circumstance. The best chance for a Mercedes win would be a mechanical issue on RB's part.

Further to Alex Albon’s diagnosis of appendicitis on the morning of Saturday 10 September, he was admitted to San Gerardo hospital for treatment. He underwent a successful laparoscopic surgery on Saturday lunchtime.

Following surgery, Alex suffered with unexpected post-operative anaesthetic complications which led to respiratory failure, a known but uncommon complication. He was re-intubated and transferred to intensive care for support.

He made excellent progress overnight and was able to be removed from mechanical ventilation yesterday morning. He has now been transferred to a general ward and is expected to return home tomorrow. There were no other complications.

Alex’s full focus is on recovery and preparation ahead of the Singapore Grand Prix later this month.

Alex would like to thank the excellent care and support he has received, including from the nursing, anaesthetic and ICU teams at Osperdale San Gerardo – ASST Monza, the FIA medical team, his Performance Coach Patrick Harding, the Williams Racing team and Dr Luke Bennett from HINTSA Performance.

I was like "Okay, good" when I read about the succesful surgery. The part after that made my heart sink for a moment. Glad he's doing better.