talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Formula One - General Chat

football forum

On 13/09/2022 at 21:54, nudge said:

🤮

Funnily enough, they are asking opinions about sprint races on the Fan Voice now. Certainly planning something.

This might be a stupid question but when you have a reverse grid, what is the point of putting in a good qualifying?

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Panflute said:

This might be a stupid question but when you have a reverse grid, what is the point of putting in a good qualifying?

When you have a sprint race and a feature (main) race over the weekend, the qualifying usually determines the starting grid of both - the qualifying order is the starting grid of the main race, while in the sprint race, it's usually reverse grid of qualifying order for top 8 or top 10 or whatever (depending on the series). So basically since the main race is worth more points, you would still want to do well in qualifying in order to start in front.

• Subscriber

20220919_174310.jpg

This has been made to illustrate the size of Max's lead in 2022 but it's amazing to me to look back and see that Hamilton led the championship at this stage in 2010. It's a season I remember better than any other probably, and the Mclaren was probably the 3rd best car over the course of the full season. He also had to contend with Button as an equal team mate. Still find it mad how Lewis' only championship year with McLaren was probably actually the worst he ever drove with them, except for arguably 2011.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Panflute said:

You can really tell there's a 3-week gap between GPs when all the clickbait articles written around soundbites from Toto Wolff, Christian Horner and Nico Rosberg start showing up every day.

I know, I even had a dream last night that I was drinking at the bar at some private event and had a heated discussion with Toto about something :ph34r: Thankfully, neither Horner nor Rosberg were there xD 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, nudge said:

I know, I even had a dream last night that I was drinking at the bar at some private event and had a heated discussion with Toto about something :ph34r: Thankfully, neither Horner nor Rosberg were there xD 

Did you forget to toast the pumpernickels enough? :ph34r:

• Haha 2

58 minutes ago, nudge said:

In English or in German? 🤔

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
On 10/10/2022 at 22:46, Tommy said:

Cost caps and creative accounting, name a more iconic duo... The catering jokes and memes have been fantastic though.

In all seriousness, deduct their WCC points and punish them with reduced wind tunnel and CFD time for the next season based on how much they were actually over the top. If they get away with it, other teams will happily go over budget in the future as well, and the whole thing will collapse.

• Upvote 1

I'm so over Mercedes whinging about adversity and red bull spending 500k over which is less than a league 2 play transfer.  

They thought they were invincible after 7 years of no competition and now they fell back it's everyone else's fault.    Wolff and Hamilton must just do us a favour and pipe it.

48 minutes ago, Panflute said:

The F1 fandom can get dumped into the ocean though.

Yea, the comments on social media are pure cancer. Just Lewis or Max fanboys shitting on one of the two, and on each other.