talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Formula One - General Chat

football forum

33 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Yea, the comments on social media are pure cancer. Just Lewis or Max fanboys shitting on one of the two, and on each other. 

Just wait for Drive to Survive to weaponize both fanbases even more when they dive into the costcap stuff next season. :clown:

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Red Bull: F1 team receive $7m fine & 10% aero research reduction

Red Bull have been hit with a $7m (£6.07m) fine and a 10% reduction in permitted aerodynamic research for breaking Formula 1's budget cap.

Governing body the FIA said that Red Bull had overspent by £1.86m in 2021.

Their financial punishment is not a reduction in their permitted spend next year, when the budget cap is $135m.

The 10% cut is in the time they can spend using their wind tunnel or computational fluid dynamics to design their car.

The punishment comes after Red Bull acknowledged they were at fault and entered into a so-called "accepted breach agreement" with the FIA.

The FIA had previously said only that Red Bull had committed a "minor" breach, which is anything up to 5% of the cap, or $7.25m in 2021, when Max Verstappen won his first title, with no further details.

A statement by the FIA detailing Red Bull's errors said the team had "inaccurately excluded and/or adjusted costs amounting to a total of £5,607,000" in 2021.

The team's overspend breach of relevant costs adjusted by the FIA was £1,864,000.

FULL REPORT

Edited by CaaC (John)
Spacing correction

• Subscriber

So in short, they overspent by £1,864,000 (1.6%), but also didn't include the national tax credit in their financial reports for some reason which would have pretty much balanced their books, so essentially this means that the actual overspend was just £432,652 (0.37%). Seems like they need better accountants, tbh. 

Glad this story is now over.

7 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Why did he instigate it with his comments though?

It's a bit more nuanced than the headline made it out to be but he should still know better, especially in the wake of the tiny shitstorm that emerged when he made that radio comment in Spa.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, nudge said:

Credit were credit's due, that's a great post by Mazepin! :D 

FiFTI-VXwAEqZoB?format=jpg&name=small

FiFTI-sWYAca7kq?format=jpg&name=small

Great post! xD

Mick said he only lives a three hour drive from Seb, so he will visit him. So he'll probably use the stop-watch every time he does the drive in Stage 1. I can honestly picture him showing up to Seb's house every day until Seb is fed up. xD

• Haha 1

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Great post! xD

Mick said he only lives a three hour drive from Seb, so he will visit him. So he'll probably use the stop-watch every time he does the drive in Stage 1. I can honestly picture him showing up to Seb's house every day until Seb is fed up. xD

Totally. He's obsessed with Seb. I saw a video where F1 drivers were asked who will win the World Cup, and Mick's answer was "Sebastian Vettel" xD 

• Haha 1

• Subscriber

Is there anywhere the rule changes are detailed for next season? I don't think I know of a single one. Usually the competitive order won't change much if there are barely any rule changes. Unless there's a team who came across an entirely new concept for their car during 2022 and need months to put it into practice. Most teams will go for evolution rather than revolution with their cars in these circumstances so Max and Red Bull will be clear favourites for next year as well.

1 hour ago, RandoEFC said:

Is there anywhere the rule changes are detailed for next season? I don't think I know of a single one. Usually the competitive order won't change much if there are barely any rule changes. Unless there's a team who came across an entirely new concept for their car during 2022 and need months to put it into practice. Most teams will go for evolution rather than revolution with their cars in these circumstances so Max and Red Bull will be clear favourites for next year as well.

This is the best summary I found:

https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/147919/these-rule-changes-the-fia-is-making-for-the-2023-f1-season.html

In other news, for those curious, this is the line-up for the Abu Dhabi test today:

I expect Red Bull to be the favorites next year as well, just with less distance to the rest of the field.

Ferrari for now don't have a team capable of fighting for a championship and I doubt that'll change in 100 days.

Mercedes will probably be a lot closer. I'm really curious though what will happen there in terms of the driver order. Normally Lewis is still the faster driver, but if Russell can hold on to the consistency he showed through the first half of 2022, he'll be tough to beat in the same car.

Edited by Panflute
  • Upvote 1

• Subscriber

The Hamilton-Russell dynamic is certainly going to be interesting. You can't sniff at the fact that George beat Lewis in the standings and won the team's only race of the season. However, Hamilton actually out-performed Russell for most of the season. Dropped a lot of points after a sloppy start but then generally had the better of him for most of the year. By that point, though, the car was miles clear of the midfield and Lewis was only scratching back a few points over George for finishing a place or two above him in the top six.

It's going to be difficult for them if they're in a championship fight with Red Bull, for example. Perez simply won't take points off Max on a regular basis but Lewis and George will. I think Lewis tones down his mistakes and finds more consistency when he has a championship-contending car and therefore something to lose from going all out for a win/podium. He would beat George over the course of the year in these circumstances but not every weekend, and those weekends could cost him a title against Max. Depends what the competitive order looks like though. Mercedes may have improved in the back end of the season and nicked a win, but as things stand, they still have a long, long way to go to catch Red Bull for next year.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
On 22/11/2022 at 12:12, RandoEFC said:

The Hamilton-Russell dynamic is certainly going to be interesting. You should lick feet at the fact that George beat Lewis in the standings and won the team's only race of the season. However, Hamilton actually out-performed Russell for most of the season. Dropped a lot of points after a sloppy start but then generally had the better of him for most of the year. By that point, though, the car was miles clear of the midfield and Lewis was only scratching back a few points over George for finishing a place or two above him in the top six.

It's going to be difficult for them if they're in a championship fight with Red Bull, for example. Perez simply won't take points off Max on a regular basis but Lewis and George will. I think Lewis tones down his mistakes and finds more consistency when he has a championship-contending car and therefore something to lose from going all out for a win/podium. He would beat George over the course of the year in these circumstances but not every weekend, and those weekends could cost him a title against Max. Depends what the competitive order looks like though. Mercedes may have improved in the back end of the season and nicked a win, but as things stand, they still have a long, long way to go to catch Red Bull for next year.

👍

• 2 weeks later...