talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Formula One - General Chat

football forum

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Tommy said:

Gotta love it when some idiotic statements come back to haunt someone. xD

Yeah, but it does make you wonder why those statements made it into the press today if everyone knew about it since 2021. There's heavy political games going on, I think 😅

• Upvote 1

Just now, nudge said:

Yeah, but it does make you wonder why those statements made it into the press today if everyone knew about it since 2021. There's heavy political games going on, I think 😅

Oh yea, definitely. They had it saved in case they want to get rid of him. 

Lance, IMO, might be the 15th best driver on the grid, so I'm not sure I could ever imagine a world where he is a World Champion unless Max, Lewis, Leclerc, Sainz, Perez, Norris, and George retire, Lance moves to Mercedes, and the rest of the field fails epically. 

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

if Alonso could win a third championship and as only the second driver over 40 would be amazing.   it is a travisty that the last 12-13 years have been one sided affairs.

I would love for Nando to get the triple crown after that and out the cherry on top of a fantastic racing career.   

I would like to see Leclerc  grow a pair and ruffle some Italian feathers and call a shitbox a shitbox

An excerpt from an article on The Athletic.  This irritates me.

One of the biggest political stories of this year will be the potential expansion of the grid beyond 10 teams. In February, the FIA formally started the process of accepting applications, setting a deadline of April 30 for interested parties to come forward. These will then be assessed by the FIA and F1, considering aspects such as financial support, technical resources and the benefits they would bring to F1. Those interested include Andretti and General Motors, which have signed a partnership to create a new F1 team.

But with F1 enjoying a boom in fan interest and a strong commercial response, teams are wary of letting another team take a slice of the revenue. The Concorde Agreement requires any newcomer to pay a $200 million “dilution fee” that gets split among the existing teams, but the existing teams are looking to at least triple that figure.

Really nice article by/about Alex Albon. About his time with Toro Rosso and Red Bull, and how he went from a test driver back to being on the grid. He's always been one of the most sympathetic drivers on the grid and he seems really talented to, so I hope he does well again at Williams this year.

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/posts/alex-albon-formula-one-racing-f1

Edited by Panflute
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Panflute said:

Really nice article by/about Alex Albon. About his time with Toro Rosso and Red Bull, and how he went from a test driver back to being on the grid. He's always been one of the most sympathetic drivers on the grid and he seems really talented to, so I hope he does well again at Williams this year.

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/posts/alex-albon-formula-one-racing-f1

Also goes to show how difficult it must be for the 2nd Red Bull driver unless they find someone who likes the car set up the same way Max does. 

But yea, from what I've seen of him in interviews, Drive to Survive and when they did those streams in Covid lockdown times, Alex is easily one of my favourite personalities on the grid. I wish him nothing but the best. Hopefully he'll be able to fight for points again in the Williams this season. 

• 1 month later...

Nelson Pique Jr back to whining about 2008.   He insinuated that he would have kept quiet if he kept his seat meaning he is complicit.  He could have refused to participate in Flavs utterly irrelevant crashgate plan which helped nobody.  if he refused he may have found a seat elsewhere but he was guilty by association and his career was wrecked.

can he just fuck off, all he has is his name which he is trying to destroy.