talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Formula One - General Chat

football forum

Just now, nudge said:

The point for fastest lap is only awarded if the driver finished in top 10!

Fair play, but would you be hacked off if you lost the title due to somebody getting the quicker lap? You could use it to rack up points knowing you not going to make up places. Each to their own I suppose.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, MUFC said:

Fair play, but would you be hacked off if you lost the title due to somebody getting the quicker lap? You could use it to rack up points knowing you not going to make up places. Each to their own I suppose.

I'm not a fan of the bonus point as for me it's just another stupid gimmick. Just saying it isn't as easy to misuse; if you're already in top 10 you're probably not going to risk it and pit for fresh tires with a few laps left as you might as well end without points that way.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Cannabis said:

I bet at the end of the season it could be interesting. Bottas pitting from 5th with five laps to go in order to get the fastest lap and take a point away from Vettel? 

I'm not a fan of the move, but it's more sensible than some of the mad suggestions we've had over the years. 

Bring back multiple tire suppliers, refueling and gravel pits.

10 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

I bet at the end of the season it could be interesting. Bottas pitting from 5th with five laps to go in order to get the fastest lap and take a point away from Vettel? 

I'm not a fan of the move, but it's more sensible than some of the mad suggestions we've had over the years. 

So, you're thereby conceding that

a) Ferrari's the better car

b) Vettel's the better driver

c) That Hamilton cant set the fastest lap on his own

d) That Bottas is going to faster than Hamilton 

e) That Merc uses Bottas as a shield for their snowflake

• Haha 1

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Prove 'em wrong, Lancy boy! 

I'm quite keen to see what he can do in F1 in a half decent car. I accept that pay-drivers are a part of motorsports and having access to money is an absolute must for any racing driver anyway but the whole story of Stroll and Prema in F3 kind of left a bad taste. 

• Administrator

Good article on Leclerc about promising his father he'll one day make it in to F1 and then go on to become a World Champion, and giving a bit of a white lie to his dad in 2017 who was sadly dying (and has now passed away) saying he'd already got a seat for the next season in F1. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/47523208

1 hour ago, Cannabis said:

If I remember rightly there's a pretty decent track in South Africa that the MotoGP used to go to waaaaaaaay back in the day. 

More US races would be crap, Austin is the worst one on the calendar IMO despite others liking it. Not sure about China either, I like Shanghai but really? Let's have some variety. Let's go to Portugal, Netherlands, Argentina etc. Not multiple races in one country.

Not the variety but it comes down to tracks and overtaking. At least in Austin you can overtake, same with Malaysia. The shite ones for me are Australia, Monaco, Hungary, Singapore,  Germany and Abu Dhabi. 

6 minutes ago, nudge said:

I still love Monaco. 

If you go then fair enough, the scenery etc. Its a track the drivers really love due to it being really challenging, but if your at home, its a shite spectacle, like watching  a Mourinho team. Monaco is for the rich white man, and Abu dhabi is for the rich brown man.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, MUFC said:

If you go then fair enough, the scenery etc. Its a track the drivers really love due to it being really challenging, but if your at home, its a shite spectacle, like watching  a Mourinho team. Monaco is for the rich white man, and Abu dhabi is for the rich brown man.

It's true that Monaco race often turns into a procession but one of the main reasons why I love it is the fact that it shifts the focus extremely to the pure skills of the driver, particularly to the ability to drive at the limit with extreme precision and leaves zero margin for errors. The driving has to be very accurate and consistent, the track has a lot of elevation changes and corners and close walls etc. that makes it so unforgiving. 

Oh and the setting of course is absolutely beautiful.

2 minutes ago, nudge said:

It's true that Monaco race often turns into a procession but one of the main reasons why I love it is the fact that it shifts the focus extremely to the pure skills of the driver, particularly to the ability to drive at the limit with extreme precision and leaves zero margin for errors. The driving has to be very accurate and consistent, the track has a lot of elevation changes and corners and close walls etc. that makes it so unforgiving. 

Oh and the setting of course is absolutely beautiful.

True how skilled you have to be, but knowing how the top 10 will finish really early in the race makes it an anti-climax. I suppose it has its history and heritage in F1, but you are almost begging someone to take a risk and overtake. 

Watching another episode of "Drive to Survive". Jesus, Günther Steiner is savage as well. When Haas throw a team dinner and Grosjean isn't there. "Well, maybe I didn't invite him because he doesn't deserve any food." :4_joy:

• Administrator

Kubica is in a no-lose situation here really.

Bet he's loving being back on the grid regardless after all he's been through and anything that goes wrong can just be blamed on Williams being absolute shithouses anyway xD