talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Formula One - General Chat

football forum

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, Eco said:

Episode 3 is the best thus far. Hard not to like Ricciardo, and obviously they make Verstappen to look like a douche. 

That is one of my biggest gripes with the series - the amount of bias is through the roof as they spin the narratives for dramatization in order to have a hero and a villain for their stories. Ricciardo/Max is one example, Ocon/Perez is another. Making Grosjean look like the village idiot all the time is the third. Worshipping Leclerc and milking his story is another one but it's not exclusive to this show... I still enjoyed the series but was disappointed with their approach in the end. 

• Subscriber
29 minutes ago, nudge said:

That is one of my biggest gripes with the series - the amount of bias is through the roof as they spin the narratives for dramatization in order to have a hero and a villain for their stories. Ricciardo/Max is one example, Ocon/Perez is another. Making Grosjean look like the village idiot all the time is the third. Worshipping Leclerc and milking his story is another one but it's not exclusive to this show... I still enjoyed the series but was disappointed with their approach in the end. 

I like Charles, but in my personal opinion, in equal cars Max would destroy him.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, nudge said:

Yes! Talking about him not being able to making it through the first turn...showing him crash...

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Tommy said:

Already in the karting days, the Verstappens looked like a bunch of chavs who are just their to beat someone up. 

You don't like Verstappen, we get it xD 

All I see in that video is a normal reaction of someone who's angry to have lost the race because of a racing incident. Literally the same reaction as 99% other racing drivers. Yes, Max is a hothead, yes he drives aggressively and takes some unnecessary risks, yes he's blunt and temperamental when he's pissed of, but the way this narrative has been spun (and I don't only mean the Netflix series) makes him look like a one-sided maniac villain who likes to crash into other people. I like how Toto Wolff put Rosberg in his place when the latter tried to label Max as a narcissist in his podcast in order to blow his own horn afterwards.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Eco said:

The scene in the Netflix with Max runs into the back of his teammate is a really bad look, which they seem to enjoy that Villian/Hero dynamic that you mentioned @nudge.

Well it was a bad incident and he had a poor run last season where he made a lot of similar mistakes a few races in a row so the criticism is understandable, it's just that they chose to portray one driver as a completely one-sided villain while only showing his teammate in a positive light as a victim that annoys me; it's not how a documentary works. In this particular example it doesn't even make sense as Max and Ricciardo are pretty good friends off-track and both speak positively about each other and their relationship.

• Subscriber
20 minutes ago, Eco said:

Is there going to be a season two? 

Yes they are planning it and try to get both Ferrari and Mercedes participating this time as well (they were the only two teams that disagreed to participate in filming and give access to camera team during Season 1).

4 minutes ago, nudge said:

Well it was a bad incident and he had a poor run last season where he made a lot of similar mistakes a few races in a row so the criticism is understandable, it's just that they chose to portray one driver as a completely one-sided villain while only showing his teammate in a positive light as a victim that annoys me; it's not how a documentary works. In this particular example it doesn't even make sense as Max and Ricciardo are pretty good friends off-track and both speak positively about each other and their relationship.

Yeah - I was shocked with Ricciardo left RB though...That Renault's chap seems like giant bag of emotions. 

3 minutes ago, nudge said:

Yes they are planning it and try to get both Ferrari and Mercedes participating this time as well (they were the only two teams that disagreed to participate in filming and give access to camera team during Season 1).

What? So there won't be Hamilton and Vettel in this series? Damn...

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Eco said:

What? So there won't be Hamilton and Vettel in this series? Damn...

Yeah, they are only mentioned and seen in the background here and there. To be fair, I think it is a good thing as this way it was more focused on other teams and drivers rather than the usual Ferrari/Mercedes - Vettel/Hamilton wankfest.

2 minutes ago, nudge said:

Yeah, they are only mentioned and seen in the background here and there. To be fair, I think it is a good thing as this way it was more focused on other teams and drivers rather than the usual Ferrari/Mercedes - Vettel/Hamilton wankfest.

Well damn - I'd love to see them two school in the background. 

If Hamilton wasn't at Mercedes, I'd be a Mercedes fan (love their domestic cars.)

• Subscriber
Just now, Eco said:

Well damn - I'd love to see them two school in the background. 

If Hamilton wasn't at Mercedes, I'd be a Mercedes fan (love their domestic cars.)

I'm a fan of Sauber (now named Alfa Romeo) in F1 and Porsche everywhere else. 

As for Mercedes, I really like Toto Wolff and Niki Lauda, not so much the team overall and can't stand the CEO of Daimler/Mercedes Benz haha. Their (road) cars are class though; always have been.

Just now, nudge said:

I'm a fan of Sauber (now named Alfa Romeo) in F1 and Porsche everywhere else. 

As for Mercedes, I really like Toto Wolff and Niki Lauda, not so much the team overall and can't stand the CEO of Daimler/Mercedes Benz haha. Their (road) cars are class though; always have been.

That's what I meant by domestic. xD

The Netflix does also make Williams Martini look like a bunch of buffoons lead my a guy with tons of money who wants his son to be a driver regardless of talent. 

I have a feeling I'll be a McLaren fan. One of their main sponsors is the company I work for. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Eco said:

That's what I meant by domestic. xD

The Netflix does also make Williams Martini look like a bunch of buffoons lead my a guy with tons of money who wants his son to be a driver regardless of talent. 

I have a feeling I'll be a McLaren fan. One of their main sponsors is the company I work for. 

Not quite - Williams is run by Claire Williams, daughter of the legendary Frank Williams who was the founder of the team and led them to glory and numerous Constructors' and Drivers' Championships in the 80s and 90s. It went spiraling into a downfall at some point and they've been struggling for quite a while now. The guy with tons of money (Lawrence Stroll) is a Canadian billionaire and he paid sponsorship money to Williams in order for  his son (Lance Stroll) to get a seat in F1 - which is actually not so uncommon in F1 and motorsports in general. Now he's one of the owners of Racing Point (former Force India) and obviously his son now drives there. Just ask @Cannabis; he's a big fan and expert on everything related to the Stroll family. Williams meanwhile still struggle extremely and are a real mess so the documentary was quite realistic there, I'd say :7_sweat_smile:

56 minutes ago, nudge said:

You don't like Verstappen, we get it xD 

All I see in that video is a normal reaction of someone who's angry to have lost the race because of a racing incident. Literally the same reaction as 99% other racing drivers. Yes, Max is a hothead, yes he drives aggressively and takes some unnecessary risks, yes he's blunt and temperamental when he's pissed of, but the way this narrative has been spun (and I don't only mean the Netflix series) makes him look like a one-sided maniac villain who likes to crash into other people. I like how Toto Wolff put Rosberg in his place when the latter tried to label Max as a narcissist in his podcast in order to blow his own horn afterwards.

You don't like Rosberg, we get it xD

Well, Max did admit that he punched someone in the face during his karting days who is now on the grid with him. And we all know his dad's record with violence. They're a bunch of hilly billies. 

24 minutes ago, nudge said:

the CEO of Daimler/Mercedes Benz haha.

Dieter Zetsche? My dad works for Mercedes, and yea, he shares your opinion of him. He's also VASTLY overpaid. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Tommy said:

You don't like Rosberg, we get it xD

Well, Max did admit that he punched someone in the face during his karting days who is now on the grid with him. And we all know his dad's record with violence. They're a bunch of hilly billies. 

Dieter Zetsche? My dad works for Mercedes, and yea, he shares your opinion of him. He's also VASTLY overpaid. 

No, I don't like Rosberg one bit, but I also never tried to pass my opinion of him as a fact - not to mention that I was pretty neutral and didn't even have a strong opinion on him while he was still racing and afterwards; that is until he started spouting his populist-like clickbait worthy bile at any opportunity to whoever would listen in the last year or so. Be it any source of media or his own "vlogs" or podcasts :P 

Highly competitive adrenaline-fueled teenagers getting into a fight and throwing a few punches; what a shocker... Why would the actions of his father define him? He doesn't bare any responsibility for that and I find it quite a bit weird to judge him and paint him with the same brush because of it. Besides, Max did have enough self-control and maturity not to plant his fist into Ocon's grinning face last year after all... Jos would have eaten him alive xD 

Yeah, Zetsche, what a complete tool! 

10 hours ago, Tommy said:

a very biased and utterly jealous and bitter Brit. 

2 hours ago, Cannabis said:

Schumacher was fundamentally a cheat though, a despicable and horrible character. 

giphy.gif

• Upvote 1