talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Formula One - General Chat

football forum

• Administrator

Reminds me of the glitches in F1 2000 game. Your car could fall in the sea at Melbourne xD 

And at Hockenheim you could go through the pit wall and shave off a couple of seconds on lap time xD 

• Haha 1

Just watched Lando live on twitch for the first time, and he answered three of my questions in chat. I do feel special now -_- Ok not really. But weird to see an actual F1 driver on a site like this. Times change man. 

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Just watched Lando live on twitch for the first time, and he answered three of my questions in chat. I do feel special now -_- Ok not really. But weird to see an actual F1 driver on a site like this. Times change man. 

I think it's good for attracting young  people to F1; that's something they can relate to and identify with. 

What did you ask him anyway? :P 

7 minutes ago, nudge said:

I think it's good for attracting young  people to F1; that's something they can relate to and identify with. 

What did you ask him anyway? :P 

I noticed people spamming the same questions all over again, so I asked him if he doesn't get tired of them, and he replied with that's actually the question I get the most, and he kind of made fun of me a bit. So yea, basically I got bullied by Lando Norris, but he later said that it was just a joke. So yea... there's that. 

• Haha 1

• Subscriber

Wonder what narratives will they come up with this time... :ph34r:

Leclerc v Verstappen for sure. Their battles in the last two races are surely a filmmaker's dream.
Haas and the whole Rich Energy drama + Grosjean.
Niki Lauda's passing.
Ferrari's screw ups.

• Subscriber
19 minutes ago, ... said:

Whilst it'll be fun seeing all the teams, I hope they don't focus on just Mercedes and Ferrari. Part of the interest last season was seeing the midfield teams that normally don't get a look in. 

Mercedes apparently signed up for one race only!

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, nudge said:

Wonder what narratives will they come up with this time... :ph34r:

Leclerc v Verstappen for sure. Their battles in the last two races are surely a filmmaker's dream.
Haas and the whole Rich Energy drama + Grosjean.
Niki Lauda's passing.
Ferrari's screw ups.

Williams just....being there. 

• Sad 1

• Subscriber

Ricciardo was a big feature last year. I want to know about why Kubica hasn't been quick, how Red Bull are trying to help Gasly get up to speed, where Vettel's head is at behind closed doors, I want to see footage of Sainz and Norris at the McLaren factory and how they're making up so much ground, how Guenther Steiner is handling the mess at Haas, Kvyat on his return to F1 and what has changed in the sport and for him.

Renault along with Mercedes are probably one of the least interesting teams this year. Even the Ricciardo and Hulkenberg battle hasn't really taken off. I wouldn't mind them spending some time with Toto Wolff. I like Ricciardo but I felt like we got enough of him last year.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, RandoEFC said:

Ricciardo was a big feature last year. I want to know about why Kubica hasn't been quick, how Red Bull are trying to help Gasly get up to speed, where Vettel's head is at behind closed doors, I want to see footage of Sainz and Norris at the McLaren factory and how they're making up so much ground, how Guenther Steiner is handling the mess at Haas, Kvyat on his return to F1 and what has changed in the sport and for him.

Renault along with Mercedes are probably one of the least interesting teams this year. Even the Ricciardo and Hulkenberg battle hasn't really taken off. I wouldn't mind them spending some time with Toto Wolff. I like Ricciardo but I felt like we got enough of him last year.

Ah right, I haven't seen it yet.

I know focus should be on rest of the teams but I'd also love to get a deeper insight in to Vettel's mind and circumstance:

- his time may be coming to an end at Ferrari? If so, where would he like to go next?
- what he thinks of Leclerc as a teammate and a driver
- his ongoing (media-labelled) 'feud' with Lewis even though they seem good friends and appreciate each other's talents
- when he thinks Ferrarri will next win a title as it's been far too long

It'd be good to have a section/piece on the youngsters coming through together and what they think of their chances as they progress in the sport - Leclerc, Norris, Albon & Russell all under 25. Perhaps even Giovinazzi as well as he's only 25 and relatively inexperienced.

52 minutes ago, nudge said:

Leclerc v Verstappen for sure. 

If they keep up the over-dramatized narrative, it's probably Max "Ghetto boy with a temper and a violent father" Verstappen vs. Charles "Angel on earth, carrying on Jules' legacy, wouldn't harm a fly" Leclerc :4_joy:

• Haha 1

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Tommy said:

He's such a nice kid! How can you not love him :x:4_joy: If they really do that Bad Boy Max vs. Good Boy Charles thing on Netflix, I'll eat that shit up like a fat kid eats up a Happy Meal. 

Charles has gorgeous hair. 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
On 24/07/2019 at 16:10, ... said:

Bet it's Hockenheim given the celebrations that will take place. 

I like that though, one episode all about Mercedes then back to Steiner headbutting Grosjean.

Looks like it!

EAUGw0DW4AA7if2.jpg

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Get in there, Jenson! Anyway, pretty woman too. I remember that Japanese girl he dated back in the day. Matsubashi or something like that xD

I remember when he was driving the dog of a Honda in 2007/2008, he promised her that he'd propose if he won the world championship, then he won it in 2009 and never proposed xD.

1 hour ago, RandoEFC said:

I remember when he was driving the dog of a Honda in 2007/2008, he promised her that he'd propose if he won the world championship, then he won it in 2009 and never proposed xD.

That sly dog. I always liked Jenson. A proper gentleman and a real good character. I was really sad when his father died, who was also a prominent figure on the grid. 

So Netflix had access to Mercedes' garage for this race xD

516ccdbym2d31.jpg

God, I love it. 125 years of motor sports, retro liveries, all dressed up in fancy 50's style clothing, only to have their biggest meltdown of recent years, and Netflix will milk the shit out of it :4_joy:

• Subscriber

When things go wrong for Mercedes they do seem to go from zero to full meltdown in impressive fashion. I remember their double retirement in Austria last year. Today was next level though, more on the drivers than the team, but the 50+ second pit stop when Hamilton came into the pits was also pretty funny.