talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Formula One - General Chat

football forum

39 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

When things go wrong for Mercedes they do seem to go from zero to full meltdown in impressive fashion. I remember their double retirement in Austria last year. Today was next level though, more on the drivers than the team, but the 50+ second pit stop when Hamilton came into the pits was also pretty funny.

Here it is with appropriate music

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

xD

Their commitment to paying tribute to the 1950s went a bit far by deliberately re-enacting the 50 second pit stops from that era.

I just feel bad for the mechanic who somehow seems to have hurt his back. Poor bloke. 

• Administrator
Just now, Tommy said:

I just feel bad for the mechanic who somehow seems to have hurt his back. Poor bloke. 

Still none the wiser as to how that happened xD 

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Still none the wiser as to how that happened xD 

I don't know, I think maybe he put a foot wrong and twisted something in his back? Maybe he's in his mid 30's..therefore I could relate. 

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Tommy said:

I don't know, I think maybe he put a foot wrong and twisted something in his back? Maybe he's in his mid 30's..therefore I could relate. 

Late 20s and can also relate, sadly.

• Haha 1

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Tommy said:

2 hours ago, Eco said:

I certainly signed up. 

If you want to try your luck on winning paddock passes and stuff then join F1 Fan Voice. You are automatically entered into the prize draw every month when you complete surveys and it's also a good way to contribute to the development of F1 as a fan.

8 minutes ago, nudge said:

If you want to try your luck on winning paddock passes and stuff then join F1 Fan Voice. You are automatically entered into the prize draw every month when you complete surveys and it's also a good way to contribute to the development of F1 as a fan.

Nice, signed up there too. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, nudge said:

Joined that too. 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Nice, signed up there too. 

I love it because it looks like they are actually putting a lot of effort to find out what the fans think/want and adjust their future plans accordingly. An interesting example - in their current framework of the new 2021 regulations FIA mentions  a study showing that with the liveries removed fans and even expert have trouble identifying cars and want to address that in the new design rules - that's the study that has actually been carried on the Fan Voice and I took part as well; I think I only got 4 or 5 right too. They also asked fans' opinion about penalising drivers in certain situations this season (Seb/Hamilton in Canada; Seb/Max in Silverstone; Max/Leclerc in Austria; Perez leaving the track in France etc.) and whether it's just a coincidence or not but the stewards have been much more lenient recently so it does at least make you think that they care about what fans think. 

• Upvote 2

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Stan said:

Joined as well @nudge

Is it an official affiliation with F1 so that fans voices are actually fed back?

Yes. F1 built the platform together with Goodform Group specifically for fan feedback.

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/article.formula1-presents-f1-fan-voice.cGk29lGXaEukQgISO0s4k.html

2 hours ago, nudge said:

It was very emotional seeing him in his father's car; the public chanting "Schumi, Schumi" was just unbelievable and the best testament of Michael's legacy and closeness to the fans.

Also that V10 engine sounds sweeeeeet....

Indeed! Mick also seems like just a genuine nice boy. I hope he'll progress even more in F2 and one day maybe makes it into F1. 

Also, have you seen this "health update" on Schumi? Apparently he watched a race with Jean Todt. How and to what extend, nobody knows, but it all does sound a bit encouraging, and not as totally grim as other reports. 

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Indeed! Mick also seems like just a genuine nice boy. I hope he'll progress even more in F2 and one day maybe makes it into F1. 

Also, have you seen this "health update" on Schumi? Apparently he watched a race with Jean Todt. How and to what extend, nobody knows, but it all does sound a bit encouraging, and not as totally grim as other reports. 

You mean the one from months ago? Or did he say the same again recently?

Hope he's doing better... I understand people wanting to know how he's doing but I think the family does great in keeping it completely private. It's better for the fans to keep alive the image of Schumi how he used to be.

1 minute ago, nudge said:

You mean the one from months ago? Or did he say the same again recently?

Hope he's doing better... I understand people wanting to know how he's doing but I think the family does great in keeping it completely private. It's better for the fans to keep alive the image of Schumi how he used to be.

I know ladbible isn't the most reliable source, but I read it on German websites too. It's quite recent. 

https://www.ladbible.com/news/sport-former-ferrari-boss-says-michael-schumacher-keeps-fighting-20190730