talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Formula One - General Chat

football forum

• Subscriber
On 09/10/2019 at 10:04, Tommy said:

Of course he doesn't go to Ferrari, he always sat in made nests. He's an awesome driver, but he never really had an inferior car. I also really don't think he'd fit into the Ferrari team character-wise. 

2009-2013 says hi.

46 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

2009-2013 says hi.

Yea, but in 2009 he had Kovalainen as his teammate who DNF's like half of the races, in 2010 Button was right behind him, in 2011 Button beat him by a big margin, 2012 Button was right behind him as well I think 2 or 3 points?, and in 2013 Nico wasn't far from him as well, although, granted, Lewis was new to the team. But yea, he's a great driver, but he never really had a VERY inferior car and never really outscored his teammates by that much, except Bottas of course. 

Truly unreal what they have done. This year they have dominated, and have been the definition of true team work. 

I still can't get over that double pit they pulled off months ago with Hamilton and then Bottas. That was simply stunning. 

Just now, Eco said:

Who is that? I don't see him listed as a test driver or anything...? 

Pascal Wehrlein. He's a simulator and development driver for Ferrari. He was once a promising talent until the Mercedes Junior system screwed him over. 

11 minutes ago, MUFC said:

I agree. At first people kind of laughed it off, because he was young (very young), made a few mistakes, was overly aggressive, which kind of clouded his raw pace, that was still always there. Now he matured, drives that way, outscores every teammate they come up with, and manages to challenge the Mercedes and Ferrari every now and then, not because the car is on their level, but because Max is unbelievably fast. 

23 minutes ago, Eco said:

Anyone else follow Sainz and Lando on social media? My God they constantly go at one another in the funniest of ways. This one was from this weekend. 

This one had me cracking up....

Yup, they're a great team. McLaren really doing well without Fernando's toxicity :ph34r:

• Subscriber
On 18/10/2019 at 22:17, Tommy said:

I agree. At first people kind of laughed it off, because he was young (very young), made a few mistakes, was overly aggressive, which kind of clouded his raw pace, that was still always there. Now he matured, drives that way, outscores every teammate they come up with, and manages to challenge the Mercedes and Ferrari every now and then, not because the car is on their level, but because Max is unbelievably fast. 

Can't argue with Max's talent and speed but Gasly and Albon have made him look extra good this year. When Ricciardo was in the same car, he showed that it wasn't just Max getting the speed and results out of a far inferior car, unless both Ricciardo and Verstappen are both that much better than Hamilton, Bottas and Vettel.