talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Formula One - General Chat

football forum

7 minutes ago, nudge said:

Nice.

Awesome. I used to play the shit out of Grand Prix Manager 2 back in the day (actually still 4-5 years ago with updated driver line-ups etc.). 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
24 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Awesome. I used to play the shit out of Grand Prix Manager 2 back in the day (actually still 4-5 years ago with updated driver line-ups etc.). 

Never actually played that... but Motorsport Manager is great and it would be nice to have a similar official F1 product so I'm also interested to see what happens.

• Subscriber
53 minutes ago, nudge said:

Never actually played that... but Motorsport Manager is great and it would be nice to have a similar official F1 product so I'm also interested to see what happens.

There is something on steam where you have all the F1 drivers and real teams.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, MUFC said:

There is something on steam where you have all the F1 drivers and real teams.

Yes I know :) But I'm still kind of excited to see what they come up with for this official product!

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
31 minutes ago, Tommy said:

There is some racing today, even if it's just E-Sports. 

Yeah a lot of drivers from various racing series joined it. Good idea but I personally just have no interest in watching. 

Still boggles my mind that the younger generation of F1 drivers casually plays racing sims online. I saw a screenshot of Max pm'ing some guy, complementing him on his car set-up and asking if he would share it with him. Imagine that. Or as I said before, imagine you're pretty decent at this game, and think you will easily win the race and then you see "Max Verstappen has joined the game". xD

• Haha 2

• Administrator

F1 teams to help with having ventilators available

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/51963897

Formula 1 teams are working with government and health authorities to increase the supply of ventilators during the coronavirus crisis.

Ventilators are a device used to help supply more air to patients with breathing difficulties, one of the effects of severe coronavirus symptoms.

The majority of F1 teams are aiming to work out ways to use their engineering facilities to boost production.

F1 said the aim was to "provide as much help and assistance as we can".

A spokesman said: "The F1 community is engaged in discussions with all the relevant stakeholders regarding this issue and we will provide further details in due course."

A number of teams have applied-technologies divisions that could directly feed into the national production capacity of ventilators in the UK and Italy, particularly McLaren, Red Bull, Williams, Mercedes and Ferrari.

But all teams have advanced manufacturing capability that could potentially be used to make complex devices such as this, and as many will help as can.

The idea is to increase the supply of the existing design of ventilators rather than try to come up with a new approach.

The UK is estimated to need an extra 20,000 ventilators to deal with the crisis as it develops over the coming months.

It is hoped that an approach can be agreed within the next week that will help teams feed into capacity as quickly as possible, to boost the capability of health services to deal with increasing numbers of patients with breathing difficulties.

The move follows the Agnelli family which controls Ferrari and Fiat donating €10m (£9.3m) to the Italian government to help deal with the coronavirus emergency at a national level, as well as buying 150 extra ventilators and providing a fleet of cars to distribute food and medicine.

• Upvote 1

I can't help but consider the fact that F1 may just cancel the entire season and start with 2021. Sucks, but with it being such a worldwide sport, I just don't see how they'll be able to okay traveling across the world while this is still going on.