talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Formula One - General Chat

football forum

3 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

You're a Vettel fanboy, it's your only downfall when it comes to F1 Thomas. Read the reports, all the media were shaking their heads in the box when he pitted first and then stayed out for 5 laps extra. Why box Kimi knowing he's coming back out behind traffic? It gives Vettel the clean air and advantage and Ferrari knew it, they're not stupid. And at no point was he clearly faster. At all. Kimi's reaction said it all at the end.

Kimi's lap times were already getting worse before he went into the pits. I've read enough comments that agree with my point of view, so it's not fanboyism at all, since I'm a Kimi fan as well. Seb was clearly catching up to Kimi before he went into the pits, and it was a great drive by Seb to get such amazing lap times out of his old tyres. And even after Kimi was behind Seb, he couldn't keep up at all. 

• Subscriber
40 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Alonso's Honda engine blows up in the Indy 500 when he's in contention for victory, unbelievable. 

Alonso and Honda, haha...

Sato wins the race. Horrible crash involving Dixon and Howard earlier!

24 minutes ago, Tsubasa said:

Kimi's lap times were already getting worse before he went into the pits. I've read enough comments that agree with my point of view, so it's not fanboyism at all, since I'm a Kimi fan as well. Seb was clearly catching up to Kimi before he went into the pits, and it was a great drive by Seb to get such amazing lap times out of his old tyres. And even after Kimi was behind Seb, he couldn't keep up at all. 

His lap got slow and Vettel got closer when, yup you guessed it, he got stuck behind the back markers in Wehrlein and Button. Kimi was consistently ahead by around 2 seconds until lap 27. Tire degradation wasn't a factor so why keep Vettel out for 5 laps longer? Why not leave Kimi out there until your sure he's coming out ahead of the back markers as well? That's right, because it favoured Vettel ffs. You cannot be that blind to the facts. 

11 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

His lap got slow and Vettel got closer when, yup you guessed it, he got stuck behind the back markers in Wehrlein and Button. Kimi was consistently ahead by around 2 seconds until lap 27. Tire degradation wasn't a factor so why keep Vettel out for 5 laps longer? Why not leave Kimi out there until your sure he's coming out ahead of the back markers as well? That's right, because it favoured Vettel ffs. You cannot be that blind to the facts. 

The facts? Do you have the lap times and time gaps?

15 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

You're a Vettel fanboy, it's your only downfall when it comes to F1 Thomas. Read the reports, all the media were shaking their heads in the box when he pitted first and then stayed out for 5 laps extra. Why box Kimi knowing he's coming back out behind traffic? It gives Vettel the clean air and advantage and Ferrari knew it, they're not stupid. And at no point was he clearly faster. At all. Kimi's reaction said it all at the end.

I guess skySPORTS is not part of the media anymore and Pat Symonds doesn't exist.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1-vettel-win-not-orchestrated-ferrari-912066/

"And how it all panned out, the supersoft was not quick enough and Sebastian was able to put out some stunning laps on the used ultrasoft and that gave him the opportunity over Kimi.

"I don't think they saw it coming. At the end of the day, it's the right result for the team and for the driver's championship - but I don't think it was orchestrated."

Just Hamilton fanboys thinking it's all a conspiracy! 

Just now, Cannabis said:

So most of the F1 pundits are wrong then? xD

Most? I haven't seen anyone saying it to be honest. I heard David Croft was talking shit about Ferrari on British Sky. But he's an unbearable donkey anyway. 

• Subscriber

Nobody can prove whether or not Ferrari did it on purpose but if you know anything about F1 and particularly Ferrari's history with team orders, it's the absolute height of naivety to treat the possibility as if its laughable or some sort of media conspiracy.

It's not like the race has given us much else to talk about. Some absolute duds so far this season unfortunately. 

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, True Bender said:

The facts? Do you have the lap times and time gaps?

Yes, go and look online at them ffs xD. The gap was closed as they hit the back markers, they were running consistently around a 2 second gap before that, but no, it must be because super Seb is just so magnificent :x

On 5/29/2017 at 9:50 PM, True Bender said:

How dare you post something this unbiased! 

Honestly, nobody could predict that Vettel gets these lap times out of his old tyres. 

• Subscriber

Kubica really is the one who got away for F1. Such a talented driver, could well have been on a par with Vettel, Hamilton, Alonso, or if not would at least have been at the top end of the Rosberg, Webber, Button, Ricciardo group.

• Subscriber

Hamilton should take this one, arguably his best circuit and the Mercedes looks to have the upper hand, although that's been the case in qualifying on a few occasions this year without it always translating into the race.

Bottas has had a poor qualifying there with the gap to his team-mate, happened a few times too many for him this season, he needs to make sure he doesn't get mugged off too badly by Hamilton and Vettel in the race tomorrow.

On 6/7/2017 at 7:29 PM, Cannabis said:

Apparently he's serious about wanting a proper comeback. If that happens, it's one of the most amazing things I've ever seen in this sport. He did over 100 laps in that test, so his "condition" can't be that bad, and he can hardly be any worse than Palmer ^_^

• The topic was pinned
  • The topic was unpinned