talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Formula One - General Chat

football forum

• Administrator

I love that Alfa Romeo are involved in F1 now (they may have before, but not aware).

My dad used to have a picture at home of an Alfa Romeo car and I always used to look at it thinking it was so classy and sleek and fashionable. And their car this season really looks the business :x 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
55 minutes ago, Stan said:

I love that Alfa Romeo are involved in F1 now (they may have before, but not aware).

My dad used to have a picture at home of an Alfa Romeo car and I always used to look at it thinking it was so classy and sleek and fashionable. And their car this season really looks the business :x 

They have quite a history in F1, both as a constructor and as engine supplier, but it all was before my time mostly, and all their spells weren't very successful... I agree about their road cars being sleek and fashionable; always had a soft spot for Alfas despite their (perceived) reliability issues. My dad owned an Alfa Romeo Montreal in the 70s before he traded it for an Iso Grifo haha, both sexy cars...

• Subscriber

By the way, F1 TV subscriptions are already available and it should go on air tomorrow! It's priced at 7.99€/month or 64.99€/year (in Germany) - https://sit.formula1.com/en/subscribe-to-f1-tv-pro.html#de

Countries with access to F1 TV:
Argentina, Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Belgium, Bosnia, Botswana, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, Costa Rica, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Ghana, Greece, Guatemala, Honduras, Hong King, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Lebanon, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Malta, Mexico, Namibia, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Nigeria, Norway, Pakistan, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, United Kingdom, Uganda, UAE, Ukraine, Uruguay, USA, Venezuela and Zimbabwe.

EDIT: The subscription page is taken down, the streaming service will be delayed as they are not able to implement it on time.

Edited by nudge

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, RandoEFC said:

@nudge because I'm too lazy to read up on it what do you actually get if you subscribe to f1 tv?

Commercial free live coverage of each race, including all practice sessions, qualifying, pre- and post-race interviews and press conferences. Race coverage includes team radios, live data, on-board camera feeds from all 20 cars,  and the possibility to split the screen for a custom head-to-head driver feeds. Plus live races of the main support series (F2, GP3 and Porsche Super Cup) and access to the video archive of of F1 races since 1981.

Here's their promo:

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, RandoEFC said:

Archived races is tempting...

Yes, and it seems that it will be accessible for both types of subscriptions - F1 TV Pro (full, live coverage, more expensive) and F1 TV Access (non-live, only data/radio commentary/race highlights, less expensive), so it's a good option for those primarily interested in the archive! Before the subscription website was taken down today, the price for the cheaper tier was 2.99€/month, so very fairly priced, in my opinion. Might be priced differently in other countries though (France's pricing was mad, full access at 170€/year compared to Germany's 65€ O.o)

• Subscriber
10 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Not to continue to the rant but the halo is awful. You can't see the apex of the corner on the TV because it's in the way FFS. 

Also McLaren putting up boards so you can't see the driver in the garage. Fuck off you miserable cunts.

That's probably another indication that they intend to spend more time in the garage than on the race track :ph34r:

As for the halo/overboard camera issue, I imagine they'd find a way to install the camera at a different angle to make it better for future races... but yeah, now it's just awful. They even had to change the position of start lights as the drivers weren't able to see it properly xD 

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Fingers crossed the windshield gets developed so that they can swap the halo for that. 

Yeah, IndyCar is testing it already. Definitely looks better than the halo...

• Subscriber

Hamilton 6 tenths clear of Räikkönen, almost 7 tenths clear of Vettel, and almost 9 tenths better than his previous best laps...  Sandbagging at its finest, here goes the hopes for a super-competitive seasonxD 

Magnussen beats Grosjean, Hülkenberg beats Sainz, both Haas beat Renault and will start in P5 and P6 :o

Bottas crashes into the wall.

Sauber surprisingly not last :banana: