talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Formula One - General Chat

football forum

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Yeah Sky Sports' reporter said that Toto was impressed with him, calling him a "sensational wingman". Bottas replied that he was hurt. 

literally what the tweet itself says xD 

• Subscriber

Ferrari are bastards bringing Kimi in early to disrupt Bottas in his fight for second with Seb. Worst part is it ended up to Kimi's benefit as he ended up on the podium and didn't lose time from his extra stop because Bottas was so slow fighting Vettel. However on another day forcing Kimi to two stop would have cost him a position to Max if the Red Bull didn't break down, it's shitty that they're willing to sacrifice his race that much just to force Mercedes hand with Bottas. Cunts.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

Yep^. 

If Hamilton was in the Ferrari last year he would have still won the World Championship. If he was in the Ferrari this year he would be even further clear as they have a superior car.

There’s levels. 

• Subscriber

Danny Ric to Renault!

This is really going to shake things up! Him and Hulkenberg is a really nice driver pairing for them. Sainz to Mclaren likely then with Gasly to Red Bull. No idea what Toro Rosso 

No idea what happens to Esteban Ocon now either - how exciting 

Wonder what happens with Norris and Russell now also - think Norris could do with another year before coming in to F1 but Russell looks pretty F1 ready to me.

Edited by Storts

• Administrator

Was this expected, for him to go to Renault? I know there was talk about him leaving RB and when Christian Horner was asked in last couple of races about it he was a bit sheepish and coy with his answer.

The partnership with Hulkenberg is a good one. Is it enough to challenge Ferrari and Mercedes though, which is what Ricciardo was doing with RB - so is it a step down?

• Subscriber

That's a massive shock and a huge gamble from Daniel. Unless he knows something about what they've got in the pipeline for next year like Lewis did when he left a seemingly more competitive McLaren team for Mercedes. 

Gasly to Red Bull looks a good bet. I wish someone like Hulkenberg would get an opportunity in that car though...

Alonso to Red Bull even? One last roll of the dice to try and get a third championship? 😂

What the fuck? I did not expect that at all. There were rumours that McLaren are trying to sign Danny, but I don't know. Ferrari will either stick with Kimi or go with Leclerc. Mercedes got their drivers locked up, Renault? I don't know. I thought they were going for Ocon. Wow, that's a massive earthquake on the drivers market. 

5 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

That's a massive shock and a huge gamble from Daniel. Unless he knows something about what they've got in the pipeline for next year like Lewis did when he left a seemingly more competitive McLaren team for Mercedes. 

Gasly to Red Bull looks a good bet. I wish someone like Hulkenberg would get an opportunity in that car though...

Alonso to Red Bull even? One last roll of the dice to try and get a third championship? 😂

I can't see how Renault could beat RB. Even if their engine was a little better - atm it's arguably a little worse - their aeropackage would be way inferior as long as Newey keeps on working for RB. At least RIC won't have to deal with Max anymore who receives preferential treatment.

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Tommy said:

What the fuck? I did not expect that at all. There were rumours that McLaren are trying to sign Danny, but I don't know. Ferrari will either stick with Kimi or go with Leclerc. Mercedes got their drivers locked up, Renault? I don't know. I thought they were going for Ocon. Wow, that's a massive earthquake on the drivers market. 

They were - but when Danny Ric becomes available they have to make a move - and him and Hulkenberg is about as good as they can get for next year. Would love for Renault to continue the improvement and have a properly competitive car in the next couple of years. It's unlikely and as @BartraPique1932 says it's hard to see them competing even with RB next year, but you never know after RB's switch to Honda which could be disastrous 

The move for Danny is all about Max though - he does not want to play second fiddle and rightly or wrongly Max is clearly their number one. To be honest I agree with RB about that too, because look at the interest Max draws. He's a superstar in the sport for bringing in new fans and they're right to build around that for now.

Edited by Storts