talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Walking Dead

football forum

1 hour ago, RandoEFC said:

I'm still watching this and seemingly in the minority who still actually enjoy it. Don't get me wrong the writing is lazy at times and they throw in cheap twists like many television shows but I still enjoy the overarching story. Caught up on the first two episodes last night, the first one was a bit meh for me but I did enjoy the second one.

I thought the writing was much better than  the last few seasons. Will be interesting to see where the show goes. 

• 1 month later...

Last nights episode was probably the worst of the season. But it was more of a build up episode. Anyone who has read the comics knows what's coming next. And its gonna be good.

On 27/11/2018 at 15:11, True Blue said:

I haven't read the comics, but i liked the episode due to the future (also sad about a certain death). Think i might start watching it again.

Their called the whispers. Hopefully it will be done better than the negan storyline

Edited by Guest

11 hours ago, True Blue said:

Yeah i know an interesting concept since they are very hard to spot.

I think the idea of walkers evolving would be good but dont think it will happen

• Subscriber

Walkers evolving this far into the apocalypse would come across as too convenient a plot device for me, too contrived and it wasn't foreshadowed at all so I'd call it bad story telling. Goes against too much of the "laws" of the disease.

Really enjoyed the first half of this season. Looks like the show will hold up well

without Andrew Lincoln.

The spoilers about the new storyline from comic book readers are annoying, but it has at least inspired me to try and read through the comics. They're pretty quick to get through it turns out!

• 2 months later...
7 hours ago, MUFC said:

This season has gone back to basics, rolled back to the enjoyable earlier series. The graveyard scene was really creep, Negan getting away has annoyed me, they should have finished him ages ago.

Its to do with the comics. There are good reasons to keep him which we may see later on if they follow the comics

Loved tonight's episode. Probably my favourite series so far. They really have got the whisperers spot on and the first scene with alpha was brilliant. Hopefully they can keep it up because they really did mess up the all out war story line.

8 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

They've really pulled this out of the bog,  at least for a while.

The Whisperers have made it genuinely scary again.

Have you read the comics mate?

• Subscriber
Just now, Gunnersauraus said:

Have you read the comics mate?

Yes, I've read up to date, did so during the mid season break over December-January. Never really been into comics and it gets confusing here and there with the differences in which characters they kept in the show than the comics but yeah really enjoyed them. Interested to see where they go with this section on the series.

11 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Yes, I've read up to date, did so during the mid season break over December-January. Never really been into comics and it gets confusing here and there with the differences in which characters they kept in the show than the comics but yeah really enjoyed them. Interested to see where they go with this section on the series.

Do they call themselves the whisperers in the comics or is it a name the communities give to them? They haven't actually used the name the whisperers yet

2 hours ago, JOSHBRFC said:

So is Rick out of this now? I haven't watched since the early part of last season i think it is. Lost interest massively and better things on TV. I once thought this was the best thing on TV. 

He's not dead but he got taken away in a helicopter. The other characters think he is dead but point out the body was never found. He is due to come back in a TV movie or something. I don't read the comic books but i have read an outline of the plot and I have a fairly good idea where he probably is. This season had been been my favourite personally. I think the overall consensus is it is a massive improvement. If I was you I would just sit through the last part of last season so you get the plot then watch this season because it is really good.

• Subscriber
8 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Do they call themselves the whisperers in the comics or is it a name the communities give to them? They haven't actually used the name the whisperers yet

I actually can't remember. I don't think they're referred to as Whisperers by the characters, but I think a couple of the comic covers say Fear the Whisperers or something on them.

I actually can't remember. I don't think they're referred to as Whisperers by the characters, but I think a couple of the comic covers say Fear the Whisperers or something on them.

*Spoilers below of you haven't read the comics*

Ah right. I think looking at the sourse material I think we should make the most out of the current storyline. After the whisperers there is the commonwealth storyline which I can't see being massively entertaining unfortunately. Saying that they are gonna run out of material soon so maybe if they write their own stuff it will be good. I think this season will end with the whisperers leading a massive heard like in the comic's and there will be a cliffhanger? What do you think?

• Subscriber
15 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

*Spoilers below of you haven't read the comics*

Ah right. I think looking at the sourse material I think we should make the most out of the current storyline. After the whisperers there is the commonwealth storyline which I can't see being massively entertaining unfortunately. Saying that they are gonna run out of material soon so maybe if they write their own stuff it will be good. I think this season will end with the whisperers leading a massive heard like in the comic's and there will be a cliffhanger? What do you think?

I have no idea but I'd be surprised if they didn't get that last scene in.

The commonwealth is important in my opinion. Really moves things forward but it's hard to see which of the remaining lead cast would take Rick's role in that storyline.

I have no idea but I'd be surprised if they didn't get that last scene in.

The commonwealth is important in my opinion. Really moves things forward but it's hard to see which of the remaining lead cast would take Rick's role in that storyline.

He is supposed to come back in a TV movie. I think he is there personally. Perhaps the commonwealth might be how it ends. Maybe they rebuild society

8 hours ago, MUFC said:

WTF, have watched it from day 1. I didn't know its started again, I thought it was March, will watch it on sky catch up.

Its a nightmare these days when you get behind because it's hard not to find out  before hand what happened with social media and that. I remember when glen got killed I managed to avoid finding out before hand for ages then found out right at the end because someone but a abituary in the paper and I read it on Facebook :dash3: