talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Walking Dead

football forum

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Just watched it . I don't get the confused face 

More of a shocked and surprised face. The ten people that ended up there were not who I was expecting. I was particularly expecting the last one to be the same person from the comic.

8 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

More of a shocked and surprised face. The ten people that ended up there were not who I was expecting. I was particularly expecting the last one to be the same person from the comic.

I thought it might have been Ezekiel if he tried to rescue Henry. Shows how ruthless they are as they killed kids. I hope the finally is good.[spoiler/]

Edited by Guest

9 hours ago, MUFC said:

Different finale to what we're use to having, no battle with another community, more about survival this time. 

Yeah I thought it was interesting. Was expecting more of the whisperers. In a way I think it is good. No cliffhanger which can be frustrating sometimes. Be interesting to see what happens next season

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

@RandoEFC 

Hide contents

I think it was almost certainly Stephanie from the commonwealth on the radio?[spoiler/]

I would assume so yeah. Depends how they alter things. You've got Maggie off with that other woman in the background as well but probably what you said.

Just now, RandoEFC said:

I would assume so yeah. Depends how they alter things. You've got Maggie off with that other woman in the background as well but probably what you said.

They have sometimes done story lines that didn't turn out the way a lot of people thought. I mean a lot of people thought the garbage people were gonna be the Whisperers. And the show doesn't always follow the comics. But I think it is quite likely that or it is a rue but may lead onto it.

• Subscriber
Just now, Gunnersauraus said:

They have sometimes done story lines that didn't turn out the way a lot of people thought. I mean a lot of people thought the garbage people were gonna be the Whisperers. And the show doesn't always follow the comics. But I think it is quite likely that or it is a rue but may lead onto it.

Yeah I think it's likely they'll go a similar route this time. I was more confused about the last scene with Alpha and Beta after the storm and the arm whipping.

• 6 months later...

Have you watched the first episode of season 10 @RandoEFC I haven't watched it yet. 

There is actually another spin of coming out next year. Set further ahead where they are rebuilding society by the looks of it.

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Have you watched the first episode of season 10 @RandoEFC I haven't watched it yet. 

There is actually another spin of coming out next year. Set further ahead where they are rebuilding society by the looks of it.

I watched the first episode tonight. Let me know when you've caught up, it was alright though. Pretty standard TWD.

On 09/10/2019 at 23:09, RandoEFC said:

I watched the first episode tonight. Let me know when you've caught up, it was alright though. Pretty standard TWD.

I thought bit was a very good first episode. Sets up the rest of the series very well 

• 3 weeks later...

@RandoEFC

Last nights episode was my least favourite. Seemed like they were filling in time a bit. Still think the series has been very good so far. I suppose the build up has been slow but it has been executed very well. Similar to game of thrones where even when nothing really happened it was still very good.

I know what happens in the comic now but I am hoping Neegan kills Beta or Gamma though instead of alpha as she is the best villan ever in the walking dead in my opinion. I mean she really is evil. Also I am wondering if Ezikiel might get cancer treatment in future episode's in the commonwealth?? Just a theory 

Edited by Guest

• Subscriber
8 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

@RandoEFC

Last nights episode was my least favourite. Seemed like they were filling in time a bit. Still think the series has been very good so far. I suppose the build up has been slow but it has been executed very well. Similar to game of thrones where even when nothing really happened it was still very good.

Reveal hidden contents

I know what happens in the comic now but I am hoping Neegan kills Beta or Gamma though instead of alpha as she is the best villan ever in the walking dead in my opinion. I mean she really is evil. Also I am wondering if Ezikiel might get cancer treatment in future episode's in the commonwealth?? Just a theory 

They're always filling time. The thing is with the Walking Dead is that it's based on a comic where they can get away with ignoring significant characters for a long time because it's a comic book. In television you can't go several episodes without significant screen time for Michonne, Daryl, Negan etc. because they're the leading actors. Therefore you get the comic book which makes sense because it follows 2 or 3 plot threads at a time and in the TV show they can do the 2 or 3 plot threads but then have to add loads of filler and sub-plots to give screen time to the major characters who aren't involved in the main plot. See the Ezekiel movie theatre episode last year.

Season 9 was really good by the end. We didn't have the slow start last year because they put Rick's final episode around episode 5. I imagine there will be a significant climax on episode 8 as usual although I don't think it will be the complete ending of the current plot thread. They appear to be following Negan's comic book storyline though.

And if you look at the teaser from next week's episode you will see a scene with Eugene that supports your theory.

• Subscriber

Yeah this season has been a bit slow and average so far, but recent (half-)seasons have ended up having a satisfying climax so hopefully we see the same thing here. It's really good to see Negan doing stuff again. Jeffrey Dean Morgan in that role is one the best bits of casting I've seen from any TV series.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Yeah this season has been a bit slow and average so far, but recent (half-)seasons have ended up having a satisfying climax so hopefully we see the same thing here. It's really good to see Negan doing stuff again. Jeffrey Dean Morgan in that role is one the best bits of casting I've seen from any TV series.

Watched the last episode just to see him to be fair. Two to go but what can they do that is so spectacular in two episodes to save this season? Obviously the other half upcoming but mehh watching it just because most of my shows are either filming or cut off haha