talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Walking Dead

football forum

On 14/11/2019 at 08:55, RandoEFC said:

Yeah this season has been a bit slow and average so far, but recent (half-)seasons have ended up having a satisfying climax so hopefully we see the same thing here. It's really good to see Negan doing stuff again. Jeffrey Dean Morgan in that role is one the best bits of casting I've seen from any TV series.

All of them have been quite slow for the most part. Season 6 started of fast but that was it. Even season 3 with the governer which was a lot of people's favourite was slow. Not a lot happened for a lot of it. Been my favourite season personally. I think the Whisperers have been cast brilliantly. 

1 hour ago, True Blue said:

The Whisperers definitely brought excitement back, however perhaps the pace could be a bit faster. I think in general the fans think they are milking the show for a few good seasons now.

I think the Whisperers story line might go into next season. However personally that doesn't bother me. I'm not finding it boring like the negan storyline. To me it seems like they are keeping it interesting despite not a great deal happening sometimes. Game of thrones did that well. Kept it interesting even when not a lot was happening. It's a pity the new writer wasn't there for the all out war storyline I think she would have done a better job.

• 3 months later...
  • Subscriber
On 02/03/2020 at 13:55, MUFC said:

Anyone watching it tonight?

I'm still watching. It's alright but I feel like the whisperers storyline is dragging a bit. Interested to see whether Negan is infiltrating them or actually loyal, and what Beta is actually capable of. Another showdown between him and Daryl seems inevitable.

I like the show, been watching it since the prison season i think. The Whisperer story refreshed it but it looks like it will never end. They announced a new season and this one is only at half point. Also Beta looks indestructible which is also kinda stupid.

On 04/03/2020 at 17:49, RandoEFC said:

I'm still watching. It's alright but I feel like the whisperers storyline is dragging a bit. Interested to see whether Negan is infiltrating them or actually loyal, and what Beta is actually capable of. Another showdown between him and Daryl seems inevitable.

One issue I have now. You kind of know what's going to be the season finale. An all out war with the whisperers. But we've had this before while on the farm, with the guvnor and vs Negan. I feel the show needs to head into a new direction rather then having beef with another group followed by an all out war at the end.

Maybe something now towards a cure being found? Or trying to track down Rick?

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, MUFC said:

One issue I have now. You kind of know what's going to be the season finale. An all out war with the whisperers. But we've had this before while on the farm, with the guvnor and vs Negan. I feel the show needs to head into a new direction rather then having beef with another group followed by an all out war at the end.

Maybe something now towards a cure being found? Or trying to track down Rick?

Well there's Eugene's radio buddy and wherever she's from that they could explore next, and the possibility of us finding out more about the community Maggie went off to join.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

I thought the coronavirus was the finale. Or at least a prequel.

Maybe they found out the outbreak started in China and they thought it was a bit incentive :ph34r:

• 3 weeks later...

A pitty we have to wait for the finale. I thought the actress who played princess was brilliant. The acting was so realisistic. Loved the character.

• 5 months later...

@RandoEFC so we have 30 more episodes spread out over the next two years. It will be interesting to see how it ends. Obviously it will be different from the comic books. From what I have read the ending in the comics was very anti climatic so hopefully the series will end better. It will definitely be different as Rick isnt in it and there is a spin of with Daryl so he obviously doesn't die instead of Rick. Overall I think it has been a good show. It had had it's bad parts but overall it will probably be remembered as the original zombie tv show and future zombie shows will he compared to it.

• Subscriber

Yeah they've really rescued it after the mishandled and overly-long Rick vs Negan arc. The whisperers stuff has been generally very well done. I do feel like the commonwealth arc is the best way to wrap things up though, going beyond the written material from the comic books for further content would be stretching it out. They're already going to hit 10-11 seasons.