talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Football League 2017/18 - 18-19th August

football forum

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Big game for us, our defence has been our weakest area of our team for three years now and we've struggled with aerial threats. Mick McCarthys team is basically hoofball 101. I reckon this will be a 2-2 draw.

Wouldnt be surprised to see us go three at the back and play Dalsgaard at right back for his height. Would love to see Sergi come back as his work rate will be crucial.

We're the Saturday teatime Sky game. Sunderland away. Usually do well against our ex manager Grayson but they are unbeaten and not looking as poor as we thought they may start.

After two blanks at home, I'm hoping we can rediscover the scoring touch away. Get Wood banging them in again hopefully.

27 minutes ago, Lucas said:

We're the Saturday teatime Sky game. Sunderland away. Usually do well against our ex manager Grayson but they are unbeaten and not looking as poor as we thought they may start.

After two blanks at home, I'm hoping we can rediscover the scoring touch away. Get Wood banging them in again hopefully.

I saw somewhere that you're loosely linked with our centre back Harlee Dean, do you need a centre back or reckon it's rubbish? He's been linked with Sheffield Wednesday and I think he's angling a move there if he can't get more money from us.

What's the craic with Diagouraga? He was one of our best midfielders when we made the play offs, seen he's been sporadic with you?

• Administrator
1 hour ago, HoneyNUFC said:

Can't be long now before Harry Redknapp feigns an illness to get out of the Birmingham job

Or purposely screw up his taxes to get out of it 

11 hours ago, Danny said:

I saw somewhere that you're loosely linked with our centre back Harlee Dean, do you need a centre back or reckon it's rubbish? He's been linked with Sheffield Wednesday and I think he's angling a move there if he can't get more money from us.

What's the craic with Diagouraga? He was one of our best midfielders when we made the play offs, seen he's been sporadic with you?

Yeah, I have seen that to be fair. We are in the market for more cover at CB definitely. There was a video also during your pre season where he's walking along singing Marching on Together which was odd too xD Do you rate him? Looks a big old unit.

Diagouraga is well out of favour. He's not really done much wrong but we just have so many options in his position that he's going to have to move on if he wants games. He was at Ipswich on loan last year so I would have thought by the time the window closes that he'll have either a loan or permanent deal somewhere. Probably loan.

From the sounds of things we dominated again in possession and chances on goal but managed to lose the game, the positive is that we're performing well and outplaying teams even if losing, we've just gotta pick the results up.

I was at the Cricket so I've only seen the highlights. Bruce got lucky injuries have forced changes and he's lucked into a formation that works. I still don't rate him and his mumbling comments about they looked good in flashes suggests he's that stupid he'll tinker with it. 

Satisfying is the word to sum up yesterday's win at Sunderland.

For the team to deliver that kind of performance, on TV, after losing your main man up front hours before kick off because he 'didn't fancy it' (outrageous behaviour) was nails. We were a little lucky at the start finding our feet in the game and survived one big moment but as soon as we scored, we took over and looked incredibly comfortable, running out deserved winners.

Alioski, even though he has a shit haircut, was a menace throughout and looks like he'll give a lot of teams problems this season.

Saiz has clever movement and a great touch. Lovely finish for his goal and his cross for the 2nd was delightful. Brilliant in the 10 role although he's incredibly lightweight.

Ayling, ever dependable at RB and Anita, solid at LB. Doesn't offer anything going forward does Vern, but I do feel secure with him. He does his job well.

But just how good is Pontus Jansson? This man, for me, is just unreal. Rock solid, and I mean, rock solid. He has helped us keep three successive clean sheets now and his sheer presence in the team alone helps breed confidence into others. Liam Cooper partnered him yesterday and raised his game a level.

Unbeaten after four and looking decent. I will take that so far.

Finally a league win! Tough game away at Bradford - they were unbeaten at home last season. Mowbray got the formation and tactics spot on, and the combination of Samuel and Dack upfront with Bennett and Conway supporting them looks very promising. Great away support from the Rovers fan and we were rewarded by a hard working away win. The squad looks very determined and together, I'm hoping the two opening defeats are behind us now.

21k crowd for a League One match is a fantastic effort too.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived