Cheltenham vs West Ham
Huddersfield vs Rotherham
Newcastle vs Nottm Forest
Southampton vs Wolves
Stoke vs Rochdale, 20.00

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tough draw, Forest have started well this season and we will make big changes.

Want to win but wouldn't be at all surprised if they turned us over, got some good players and Daryl Murphy will most likely score on his return.

• Administrator

Hamer in goal. Amartey, Maguire, Fuchs and Chilwell as a back 4.

Demarai Gray starts on the wing with Musa on the other side. That's the only pace in our side. King and Ndidi in central midfield and Slimani and Ulloa up top. Don't think this game will be pretty with 2 big lumps up front xD

Lovely away win for us at Elland Road, 5-1.

Feel quite bad for Newport having the tie switched but happy to see Roofe bang a hat trick in, he needed that.

Winning breeds confidence. Good momentum for Forest away Saturday.

My Ipswich Town team in 2021 from FM17 put up a good performance tonight. Flynn Downes, Tristan Nydam and the lad on loan from Manchester City look like they could feature quite a bit this season. Thankfully for us our quality shone through for ten minutes which won us the game.

3 hours ago, HoneyNUFC said:

No one at this Sheffield United game. 

League cup games should be free for schoolkids or something because this is dact.

Our attendance was around 7,500 this evening. I think the whole notion of a cup draw at 4am in China combined with knowing Managers won't take this seriously as a good cup run could get them sacked if there league form is effected is killing people's enthusiasm for it.

• Subscriber

Also one of many teams who won 4-1 tonight. I was pleasantly surprised by that. First half was a chore and fair play to any neutral who sat through all of that. Second half we took the piss to be honest.

Can't read too much into it but winning's a habit and we've avoided a banana skin there. I want cup runs too so I'm happy we're through.

Please no big side in round three. After years of wanting them and not getting them in the Championship I just know full well we'll be sent to Old Trafford or the Emirates.

• Administrator

Newcastle vs Forest goes in to extra time.

Southampton losing to Wolves at home still a bit of a surprise despite all the millions Wolves spent and Southampton had a fairly strong side out.

Huddersfield 2-1 Rotherham. 

Blackburn lose their big derby 2-0. 

Stoke on their way to an easy victory over Rochdale, currently winning 4-0. 

Rafa got what he wanted. We are out. Made 10 changes and fielded a team of transfer listed players and 21 year old kids who've made no progress at all in their careers. Should have been 5-2 down at half time. Rafa switched Saivet with Diame at half time and we controlled the 2nd half but couldn't get the winner.

The team was booed off at the end of extra time.

This is the most negative start to a season I have ever witnessed. The manager, the pundit world and to a lesser extent the fans are resigned to defeat and struggle.

Players need a win because their confidence won't hold up to this relentless negativity.

It pains me to say it but Burnley now have the much better squad and the two league gap showed last night. We weren't over run at any point and we gave it a go but ultimately we didn't have the quality and we are missing a big target man who we can play off upfront. Antonsson looks a very technical and skilful player but the lone striker isn't his role! No one could hold it up for us and bring others into play although we looked a lot more dangerous once Samuel came on upfront and also Bennett and Conway.

• Administrator
31 minutes ago, roversgirl said:

It pains me to say it but Burnley now have the much better squad and the two league gap showed last night. We weren't over run at any point and we gave it a go but ultimately we didn't have the quality and we are missing a big target man who we can play off upfront. Antonsson looks a very technical and skilful player but the lone striker isn't his role! No one could hold it up for us and bring others into play although we looked a lot more dangerous once Samuel came on upfront and also Bennett and Conway.

Thats been the case for a few years xD

• The topic was unpinned

Archived