talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Game Of Thrones

football forum

14 minutes ago, Ubuntu said:

Anyone that has read the books realize that a certain cliffhanger in the books, was blatantly absent from the show?

Do you mean LSH? They teased that plotline but it's definitely not going to happen now with only 16(?) episodes to go. It looks like everything that doesn't directly contribute to the endgame is being cut. 

I can't wait for GoT to come back, I need another weekly show full of crazy fan theories now that Westworld is finished xD

12 minutes ago, Ubuntu said:

A certain main character that isn't as dead as we thought. Thought doing that scene would have been a great season finale.

Agreed. Although having it the first episode of the new season wasn't too bad. 

Battle of the Bastards still the best episode to date.

Spoiler below

I wonder if Jon will take the throne? If it were a binding marriage, then he is next in line and not the dragon queen. 

I read and loved the books. Loved the first 2 seasons of the show as well, but ever since it gets worse and worse and lets itself down by dumbing things down and providing ceaseless fan service.

I will watch it to the end however, I want to see how they chose to progress and end.

Really looking forward to the next season. Can see both outcomes of Jon and Daenerys going at it for the right of throne or working together. . This would make Jon able to tame Dragons as well. 

Hopefully the rumors are true and they will show Robert's Rebellion. Infact, I would like to see several episodes that showed the events leading up to the rebellion. I wonder who will be playing Rhaegar and a younger Robert? 

2 hours ago, JOSHBRFC said:

Have i missed something here?

2 hours ago, Cicero said:

He's referring to Jon. 

Season 5. His own men kill him. 

Season 6. Becomes king of the north. 

No - Not Jon, someone in the books, in the Prologue, book 4 (i think) references that someone is still alive, and yet SHE even speaks. Yet that was never in the show.

7 minutes ago, ATL said:

No - Not Jon, someone in the books, in the Prologue, book 4 (i think) references that someone is still alive, and yet SHE even speaks. Yet that was never in the show.

Pretty sure @FOYM is referring to where

Jon gets killed in the last episode of season 5. Then is brought back to life in the first episode of season 6, where it would of worked better as a season finale rather than the first episode of a new season.

Edited by Cannabis
I don't watch GOT but surely this is a spoiler for someone that is and hasn't got round to that part yet?

53 minutes ago, ATL said:

I'm set to re-read the books soon. If you like I'll try my best to catalogue differences in the books. Perhaps not down to the absolute intricacies but as I say... just let me know. I'll try my best to read them as soon as possible.