talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Game Of Thrones

football forum

2 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

There will be differences in the way some people's storylines get wrapped up and some other aspects of the story I'm sure but the broad strokes will be the same. I will still read the last books definitely, just a shame to have the final chapter told by a television show.

I mean if they do it right, which by the sounds of it they have, I won't be too arsed. 

Looking forward to the prequel mini series more than anything. 

On 07/02/2019 at 07:58, Cicero said:

Viserys was Targaryan but he wasn't a 'dragon'. Not like Rhaegar and Dany. Hence why Dany said those words after he burned to death. 

We can safely assume that being Rhaegar's biological son, and after his encounter with Drogon, that Jon is well in fact a dragon. I don't know if it is a goof or if it's something to do with Jon being a Stark also, but it definitely bugs me. 

I'd say he is more stark than targ. I don't think Jon will end up on a dragon until the last episode.

4 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Are you a book reader too? I have to say I have mixed feelings about the show finishing up and the next book becoming the only thing left but at the same time losing relevance to so many people as they'll have seen the ending.

It will be gutting. I fucking hate George rr Martin now. He's the incarnation of the TV shows version of Dorian Martell... just sitting on his fucking hands wwhen the people expect more. 

Social Media is going to be a fucking minefield when this starts again.

There is no alternative than to ban yourself until you've seen the latest episode. 

And if any of my mates/family mention any spoilers, they are dead to me.

• Upvote 2

According to HBO

Episode 1 - 54 minutes

Episode 2 - 58 minutes

Episode 3 - 1 Hour

Episode 4 - 1 Hour and 18 minutes

Episode 5 - 1 Hour and 20 minutes

Episode 6 - 1 Hour and 20 minutes 

Last 3 episodes are essentially small movies. 

21 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Already spoilers everywhere. Fuck sake 

I am avoiding anything related where possible... waiting for the missus to catch up then we can all watch the last season together, She has been binge watching it for the past 5 days... pretty impressive

• Subscriber

Haven't seen any spoilers. Only the first trailer and some rumours. Trying to avoid it all really.

In previous years I'd have rewatched the series prior to the new season but it's just too much Tele. Might watch the last two seasons again closer to the date.

So I've rewatched season 7 and all set to go. A few things I'd forgotten about...

Theon going off to rescue Yara has the potential to bring the iron born back to the right side. 

The golden company also have the potential to fight for either side. 

• 3 weeks later...

My main predictions for this season...

1. Thrones to kill Euron and bring the iron born and golden company to fight against the night King

2. Bran to be shown to have been instrumental in instigating events that caused Roberts rebellion

3. Major late twist. Just when you thought there was peace and stability and bright future someone makes a major power play. 

2 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Yeah I think we all need to practice using our spoiler tags because generally most of us probably won't watch each episode at the US premiere time. It's 2am in the UK.

Not a real fan if you don't stay up :ph34r::ph34r:

Alarm is set for 5am. But fuck it. I'm gonna take the hit.

I have to see it before work. Some prick is only gonna mention it on Twitter or Facebook and in my downtime, I'm gonna need something to read.

I'm going balls deep but spoiler free. It's like being a kid at Christmas again. Let's have it...

Edited by Lucas
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Lucas said:

I have to see it before work. Some prick is only gonna mention it on Twitter or Facebook and in my downtime, I'm gonna need something to read.

I'm going balls deep but spoiler free. It's like being a kid at Christmas again. Let's have it...

Tempted to do the same thing myself but as I am not at work for the next week or so I doubt I will be hearing anything I would rather not hear and can just stay away from other sources of potential spoilers fairly easily... 

2 minutes ago, Lucas said:

This.

There's no chance I'm not watching every episode "live". Not a chance. I know there'll be too many instagram stories, facebook status and tweets about it. Not even a football forum is safe ffs...

The only way around it would be to watch it in the morning before any contact with the outiside world.