talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Game Of Thrones

football forum

I thought it was a pretty good episode if you just pay attention to Daenerys' story... the writers obviously sacrificed everything else for that to be the main focus. Only massive complaint I have/still have is, can Arya please die already?

2 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

I won’t give Jeff Bezos a penny of my money if I can help it, entire industry revolves around print I buy a book new then donate to charity shops and that’s my reading philosophy

I do the same thing, I'll either donate the book to charity shops or give the book to someone else on the condition that when they're done they'll pass the book on to someone else. Picked that up from my dad

1 minute ago, 6666 said:

I thought it was a pretty good episode if you just pay attention to Daenerys' story... the writers obviously sacrificed everything else for that to be the main focus. Only massive complaint I have/still have is, can Arya please die already?

Arya's probably not going to die, she's GRRM's wife's favourite character and she's said she'll leave him if he kills her or Sansa: https://www.cosmopolitan.com/uk/entertainment/interviews/a37208/arya-stark-maisie-williams-killed-off-game-thrones/

So... unless he wants a divorce, you probably haven't a hope in hell of seeing that.

2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Arya's probably not going to die, she's GRRM's wife's favourite character and she's said she'll leave him if he kills her or Sansa: https://www.cosmopolitan.com/uk/entertainment/interviews/a37208/arya-stark-maisie-williams-killed-off-game-thrones/

So... unless he wants a divorce, you probably haven't a hope in hell of seeing that.

If there's no intention to kill her then I think it would've been better to do without the "Oh, she's gonna die... no she's not" moments we get 10 times an episode.

Edited by 6666

I just hope that one day GRRM is going to finish the books and we'll get a re-make of the show. I loved season 1-4, even 5 and 6... but than it just went downhill so fucking fast. It's a shame really. 

My favorite moments of this episode:

1- Jaime and Tyrion goodbye;

2 - The Hound's last moment with Arya;

3- Cleganebowl.

Shocking if Weiss and Benioff were the ones not wanting the show to have more episodes. They should be sacked from the industry for life.

So Robert Baratheon is looking like the best ruler Westeros had on the show imo. Which had me reading some of his quotes from the show and then I came across this one: "Do you think it's honor that's keeping the peace? It's fear! FEAR AND BLOOD!"

Seems pretty in keeping with Westeros's new queen's philosophy on keeping the peace.

But I do think King Robert was ultimately right, they should have killed the Targaryan girl when they had the chance.

1 hour ago, Tommy said:

I just hope that one day GRRM is going to finish the books and we'll get a re-make of the show. I loved season 1-4, even 5 and 6... but than it just went downhill so fucking fast. It's a shame really. 

I was thinking that yesterday. A full metal alchemist brotherhood if you will. 

4 hours ago, Batard said:

I disagree mate. Dany's arc is fucking bonkers. 

It's an arc I think that could have been made plausibly in the books, or even in the show if they'd had more time. Assuming book 6 winds of winter is the night King battle and dream of spring is the story of a brutal showdown with Cersei that nobody had the mental energy for.

11 hours ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Foreshadowed in season 2, but bumbaclarts think it’s suddenly cool to suggest it’s ruined because there’s no high brow verbal sparing 

782F67E2-26F5-424B-9EF7-9C1D43A3C56D.jpeg

It's because the character development has been so underdone mate. Less than two episodes before she unleashed a holocaust on the scared villagers in Kings landing she was fighting desperately to save humanity. From Jesus to Hitler in 90 minutes.

To jump to the worst and most evil villain in the entire show from that point with a couple of short dialogue scenes and a missandei beheading is not good story telling. 

This show which started out as a political thriller has now evolved into the corniest of Michael Bay movies.

Edited by Harry
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 3

6 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I think the next episode is going to be the most divisive in the series... just looking at how this final season has polarised so many fans. I don't know what the rationale behind only having 6 episodes to close out this season, but it really does seem like they went for cinematic sequences over plot this season... and that doesn't seem fitting for a show that received so much praise for how it delivered the plot to its viewers.

I can think of 3 possibilities...

1. Dany doesn't want to hang around and fucks off back to essos

2. Dany is taken out by Jon, Arya and Sansa

3. Dany kills and submits all

6 hours ago, Batard said:

I honestly don't think they give a fuck. At this moment in time Deus Ex Machina is in full effect

This episode was the one they really jumped the shark.

6 hours ago, Machado said:

If they wanted the Mad Queen they should have built it. Losing all your personality over the death of Melissandre is madness. Everything felt very forced and rushed. Why even murder innocents and ignore the Red Keep, letting Cersei escape?

After so many years of hyping this battle, Cersei doesn't have any battle plans at all? One dragon is enough to end the most anticipated battle in the history of TV? They murdered the show.

How about Jon Snow? He really knows nothing and DOES nothing, just like in winterfell. Arya with the most screen time once again, fuck knows why. In the end it looked like she was on her way to kill Daenerys, maybe she even will.

The all intelligent Varys would discuss treason with Jon Snow, the most honourable man in the show since Ned Stark? This is not Varys ffs!

Jon and Tyrion are witless bumbling fools. Thats probably the biggest letdown for me with the show. Jon has pretty much lost every battle, and still showing the same Ned stark tendencies. Tyrion was supposed to be the smartest man in the seven kingdoms. He had fundamentally fucked up every decision and action he has taken for the last two seasons.

Are people genuinely suggesting this Daenerys heel turn came out of nowhere? I guess her being mental about being queen and killing anyone who doesn't accept her as queen wasn't enough of a clue... Wouldn't even consider being allies with the North unless Jon "bent the knee". She's always been mad and relied on her advisors to stop her from doing mad shit. This really wasn't out of nowhere, episode by episode this season she's become more and more insecure and desperate. It wouldn't have made sense if she didn't go mad.

Hope Daenerys dies in the finale. Hope Jon dies too for bending the knee and then being a bitch since bending the knee. Hope Arya dies for ruining everything. Hope Sansa is queen.

Edited by 6666
  • Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Are people genuinely suggesting this Daenerys heel turn came out of nowhere? I guess her being mental about being queen and killing anyone who doesn't accept her as queen wasn't enough of a clue... Wouldn't even consider being allies with the North unless Jon "bent the knee". She's always been mad and relied on her advisors to stop her from doing mad shit. This really wasn't out of nowhere, episode by episode this season she's become more and more insecure and desperate.

Not out of nowhere mate. A rapid oscillation from saving humanity to the most extreme of evil that is too extreme to be consistent with her character.

I'd believe her burning a building full of innocents with Cersei hiding in it. Really that could have achieved the same end point for Jon in a more believable way.... Even as mad Dany (which I do buy) i don't believe she'd commit post-surrender genocide of the children of Kings landing whilst leaving Cersei to do whatever the fuck. Not even Aries would have done it. 

She may as well have been doing the doctor evil laugh as she went. Muahahahaha.... It was a visual feast but a storytelling abomination. 

Edited by Harry
  • Upvote 1

Tyrion in s4 to the people of KL “I should have let Stannis burn you all” why grief/anger. The fan base “yeah fuck them cunts, go one Tyrion & the fan base now “innocents”. 

Cersei literally blew up half the court with the sept of Baylor incident. She had bastards rounded up and put to death. Had a nun raped & tortured for the rest of her days, plotted the murder of kids (Dorne) wanted another Direwolf killed (Sansa’s), gave people to be experimented on by Qyburn and decapitated a captured adviser to Daenerys just last episode. 

And people call Dany mad 😂. “Oh she’s mad because if they don’t bend the knee she kills them” 

Have any of you read a history of an absolute monarchy? Her actions to those who opppse her rule are perfectly sane, “bend the knee or fire & blood” It’s common in this series if you’re defeated or given the option to opt out of a conflict you bend the knee or die. It’s a formal act of fealty 

Tyrells did it to Robert, 

Greyjoys did it to Robert

most of the histories have examples of bending the knee, Stark to Targaryen is one.

If you don’t you force a life or death scenario in that position you have a rival claimant and rival claimants eventually = war, if you don’t punish you inspire other dissent which weakens your authority and eventually leads to being challenged. It’s breaking a few eggs to make an ommlette. This is basic human/animal nature I’m surprised so many can’t grasp this. 

Dany isn’t mad she’s lashing out because she is angry, overcome with grief. She burned down the tent with other wives of the khals that was more nuts than this tbh. 

Since arriving in Westeros 2 of her dragons are dead, most of her inner circle from Essos is dead and the people don’t give a fuck she’s just sacrificed thousands (although D&D have resplendent them for action shots) of her followers to protect them from the Night King. She tries to offer a peaceful solution and Cersei rejects it killing another important part of Dany’s group so Dany finally snaps and burns the fucker down. @Harry it’s not bizarre at all, it’s the logical step, mercy would have been harder for someone to deliver. Cersei forced her into a position that made her attack Kings landing, innocents die in sieges. 

It displays of Cersei’s madness to, she surrounds herself with innocents in the hope she is portrayed as protector but she would kill them all given the opportunity. She continues to provoke Danerys so she is as much to blame for the bloodletting 

Again, we don't have an issue with Dany becoming the mad queen. We absolutely have an issue with how it was handled. 

From fighting to save westeros to burning the capital and it's inhabitants 1.5 episodes later. Horrendous storytelling. 

Edited by Rick
  • Upvote 2

Also remember when it took a couple of episodes for characters to travel from e.g. King's Landing to Winterfell? Now everyone always fast travels and is at the other end of the world within 5 minutes. Lazy writing. Ofc we don't want an episode of just traveling, but still...

59 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Tyrion in s4 to the people of KL “I should have let Stannis burn you all” why grief/anger. The fan base “yeah fuck them cunts, go one Tyrion & the fan base now “innocents”. 

Cersei literally blew up half the court with the sept of Baylor incident. She had bastards rounded up and put to death. Had a nun raped & tortured for the rest of her days, plotted the murder of kids (Dorne) wanted another Direwolf killed (Sansa’s), gave people to be experimented on by Qyburn and decapitated a captured adviser to Daenerys just last episode. 

And people call Dany mad 😂. “Oh she’s mad because if they don’t bend the knee she kills them” 

Have any of you read a history of an absolute monarchy? Her actions to those who opppse her rule are perfectly sane, “bend the knee or fire & blood” It’s common in this series if you’re defeated or given the option to opt out of a conflict you bend the knee or die. It’s a formal act of fealty 

Tyrells did it to Robert, 

Greyjoys did it to Robert

most of the histories have examples of bending the knee, Stark to Targaryen is one.

If you don’t you force a life or death scenario in that position you have a rival claimant and rival claimants eventually = war, if you don’t punish you inspire other dissent which weakens your authority and eventually leads to being challenged. It’s breaking a few eggs to make an ommlette. This is basic human/animal nature I’m surprised so many can’t grasp this. 

Dany isn’t mad she’s lashing out because she is angry, overcome with grief. She burned down the tent with other wives of the khals that was more nuts than this tbh. 

Since arriving in Westeros 2 of her dragons are dead, most of her inner circle from Essos is dead and the people don’t give a fuck she’s just sacrificed thousands (although D&D have resplendent them for action shots) of her followers to protect them from the Night King. She tries to offer a peaceful solution and Cersei rejects it killing another important part of Dany’s group so Dany finally snaps and burns the fucker down. @Harry it’s not bizarre at all, it’s the logical step, mercy would have been harder for someone to deliver. Cersei forced her into a position that made her attack Kings landing, innocents die in sieges. 

It displays of Cersei’s madness to, she surrounds herself with innocents in the hope she is portrayed as protector but she would kill them all given the opportunity. She continues to provoke Danerys so she is as much to blame for the bloodletting 

We’ll see how it washes out next week mate but I’m betting Danny will be shown to have gone full mad queen, making this a confirmed act of a person now descended into madness who will then inspire a need for action from the likes of Arya, Tyrion, Jon, etc. 

2 hours ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Tyrion to a very specific group of 100 ish people who are nobles who want him persecuted for a crime he didn't commit while he has just been sentenced to death "I shoulda let someone else kill you instead of defending you"

Danny to the innocent poor people of kings landing, not even the red keep, as she wins her greatest victory and gets everything she ever wanted after promising she would show mercy 'imma personally kill you with fire instead of freeing you'

Fairy in boots. "This is basically the same"

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Batard said:

I disagree mate. Dany's arc is fucking bonkers. 

She did threaten to burn Qarth to the ground in season 2 xD

She's always been like this, even Harry and I were theorising she could be just like her father waaaaay back. 

Overall, it's a season I've enjoyed, but not one to leave me satisfied.

The disservice to Jon,

plot holes,

and everything feeling rushed being the main reasons, but it's ultimately all down to HBO only contracting them 6 fucking episodes. 

Edited by Cicero

5 minutes ago, Harry said:

I think we should do a predictions piece for how the show will end. Bonus points for the most detailed way you'd see it playing out.

I think this teaser forshadowed everything. Throughout the season, Jon was conflicted on either choosing his family, or Dany. Think with what he saw at King's Landing, he's convinced there isn't stopping Dany. To which she could point at Winterfell given Arya and Sansa know the truth about Jon. 

I think Tyrion will help Jon, Arya, and the soldier's of the north. How it will end?

Both Jon and Dany will die, and Tyrion will get the throne. 

or

Jon will kill Dany after she's killed Arya. 

Edited by Cicero