talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Game Of Thrones

football forum

3 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Season 8 was shit because D&D gave up on the show to go on and do other shit. HBO even wanted to give them more time and money but they declined. I don't understand how people can still defend Season 8. Seriously? So many plotholes, characters becoming useless like Jon yelling at a dragon, Tyrion being useless, same with Varys and of course "BrAN tHe BrOkEn". It could have been done better in many ways, but they rushed it because they wanted to get it over with. 

I don't think I have any interest in those prequels unless it comes with thundering reviews. I'm done with this universe for the complete shit show season 8 was. 

I struggle to see an improvement they could make except to include more episodes. Some of the uneventful "build" moments may be time wasted in some peoples views but most of them served a purpose imo. 

39 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Just turned 71. 

Think my life won’t have meaning if he dies, never knowing what ‘his’ ending would’ve been. 

He’s said the endings are going to be substantially similar, so don’t worry your life has meaning.

But also maybe don’t tie the meaning of your life to a guy who wanted to be Tolkien but also wanted to get paid before he finished his stories

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

He’s said the endings are going to be substantially similar, so don’t worry your life has meaning.

But also maybe don’t tie the meaning of your life to a guy who wanted to be Tolkien but also wanted to get paid before he finished his stories

You sack of wine 

• 1 month later...

I'm not even sure I will be excited by the time this drops.

Meanwhile the Dave's have abandoned their star wars project in favour of a big budget Netflix deal that only got signed earlier this year... Surely if they cared enough about star wars to phone in the last two seasons of game of thrones they'd not have jumped off like this... Maybe they just tried and did a shitty job?

Anyone else read/saw Weiss and Benioff's Austin Film Festival discussion panel?

These two have to be the luckiest idiots on the planet. Didn't know what they were doing and were provided with million dollar budgets. Kept making errors and never got punished. No wonder the quality of the show nosedived once it went beyond the books. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Cicero said:

Rumors D&D got sacked from Star Wars? 

Really? I wondered when I heard they'd parted ways...

Now I wonder whether it was a) just because of the reputation hit they've taken for season 8 or b) because they were actually doing a shit job or C) because star wars and game of thrones fans overlap and Disney knew better than to pick a director partnership that would start out with fans sharpening their pitchforks...

• Subscriber
6 hours ago, Harry said:

Really? I wondered when I heard they'd parted ways...

Now I wonder whether it was a) just because of the reputation hit they've taken for season 8 or b) because they were actually doing a shit job or C) because star wars and game of thrones fans overlap and Disney knew better than to pick a director partnership that would start out with fans sharpening their pitchforks...

It's rumoured that Disney were really pissed when Benioff & Weiss signed a deal with Netflix as they thought (understandably) that it would interfere with their work on the new trilogy of Star Wars movies. However it seems that it was a mutual decision instead of Disney straight out firing them. 

It was most likely a case of “well that shit just don’t fly, so here’s a severance package but please fuck off” from Disney. 

Two morons, and Netflix will realise their error when the first project from these clowns turns out to be a pile of shite. 

It's a shame really. Need to remember they brought us some memorable moments like the Battle of the Bastards, revealing Jon is Rhaegar's biological son, and with all of season seven's faults, there were great episodes like the Lannister army vs the Dothraki and the beyond the wall episode. 

Honestly, it's as if they just got bored. As much as I've defended season 8, it's fate was sealed when D&D only wanted 6 episodes and expected to tie in everything effectively.

• Subscriber
9 hours ago, Cicero said:

It's a shame really. Need to remember they brought us some memorable moments like the Battle of the Bastards, revealing Jon is Rhaegar's biological son, and with all of season seven's faults, there were great episodes like the Lannister army vs the Dothraki and the beyond the wall episode. 

Honestly, it's as if they just got bored. As much as I've defended season 8, it's fate was sealed when D&D only wanted 6 episodes and expected to tie in everything effectively.

They were great at the showpiece episodes and the major battles but when it came to the satisfying conclusion for the characters they didn't have the goods. I don't have that much sympathy with them because the budget they were given for Battle of the Bastards, The Long Night, The Bells should have led to movie-like production values.

Hardhome in season five was still the best episode of all for me. Did not see that coming at all and they deserve credit for that one as it wasn't in the books, at least not 'on-screen'. The season six finale was also a good one.

• 3 weeks later...