talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Game Of Thrones

football forum

5 hours ago, Cicero said:

If Butt Hurt Billie is this critical on House of Dragon I can only imagine his reaction to the Rings of power series. 

I am highly anticipating the latter to be an abomination of incredible proportion. 

I don't see why i'm but hurt. It's schlok. I have outlined a few reasons for why I think this and no one has said much beyond "yeah you're right the casting/acting is a bit spotty"

14 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I don't see why i'm but hurt. It's schlok. I have outlined a few reasons for why I think this and no one has said much beyond "yeah you're right the casting/acting is a bit spotty"

It’s just the nickname Rick gave you which I thought was a laugh. 

I do think you are OTT though. It’s not perfect but your review made it out to be as if it was the worst thing ever televised. Unfair to compare it to something that is damn near perfection in GoT opening episode. 

2 minutes ago, Cicero said:

I do think you are OTT though. It’s not perfect but your review made it out to be as if it was the worst thing ever televised. Unfair to compare it to something that is damn near perfection in GoT opening episode. 

I'd give it a 4/10. Good production value, average to bad everything else. 

16 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Is it really unfair? It’s the successor to GoT

1 minute ago, Spike said:

Is it really unfair? It’s the successor to GoT

So is Creed to Rocky but I wouldn’t call Creed a bad film because it isn’t as good as Rocky when the latter is a genuine masterpiece. Creed is a good movie on its own. 

It’s also only the first episode so time will tell. 

12 minutes ago, Cicero said:

So is Creed to Rocky but I wouldn’t call Creed a bad film because it isn’t as good as Rocky when the latter is a genuine masterpiece. Creed is a good movie on its own. 

It’s also only the first episode so time will tell. 

See the thing you're missing here, is that Creed is actually a good movie. The characters and dialogue weren't cringe or as shallow as a puddle. Shit comparison. This is more like Jurassic world vs Jurassic park

5 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

How long are the episodes? I need to load up some content for a very long flight and now that I'm close to done with Better Call Saul, I need something to watch on that long flight.

Is it just the one episode out now, or two?

One

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

See the thing you're missing here, is that Creed is actually a good movie. The characters and dialogue weren't cringe or as shallow as a puddle. Shit comparison. This is more like Jurassic world vs Jurassic park

Relax you sack of wine. 

53 minutes ago, Danny said:

It’s distinctly average, underwhelming dialogue/storyline that they’re trying to hold together with big drama scenes and less than subtle social observations. Meh, will keep watching, hopefully it gets better

Agreed... It's ok but it lacks that intensity, still trying to get my head around Matt Smith trying a more serious role.. Fair play he obviously wanted the challenge but it's a strange fit for me... Just throw in a few dragons here and there hoping the rest may go unnoticed..  

• Upvote 1

On 27/08/2022 at 00:15, Dr. Gonzo said:

How long are the episodes? I need to load up some content for a very long flight

Why does it matter how long they are, you will be asleep after about 20 minutes of watching and that flight should just go by in no time... B|

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

Why does it matter how long they are, you will be asleep after about 20 minutes of watching and that flight should just go by in no time... B|

I wish. I’m very shit at sleeping generally & I think it’s really hard to sleep on planes.

• Subscriber
On 27/08/2022 at 00:15, Dr. Gonzo said:

How long are the episodes? I need to load up some content for a very long flight and now that I'm close to done with Better Call Saul, I need something to watch on that long flight.

Is it just the one episode out now, or two?

I got in from work at 10:30pm and after settling down I’m into episode 2 now, episode one was an hour. I enjoyed it, I’m all for more of this Game of Thrones universe.

If you want a new series that’s recent I recommend Godfather of Harlem and Wu-Tang an American Story.

Episode 2. Girls are used as pawns and playthings, main chick does girl boss thing. Everyone applauds. Again. 
Also once again, an issue is raised and fixed in the same episode, rather than being built up or requiring an ongoing and laborious resolution. 

The dialogue improved at least. 

Rating. 5/10 still slop for the masses. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 07/09/2022 at 08:23, JoshBRFC said:

Sounds a painful watch for you @Devil-Dick Willie I wouldn’t bother watching mate xD.

I watched tit episode 4. I'm done. EVERY SINGLE FUCKING PROPLEM boils down to whatserface or someone else being a chick. The show is just a repetitive turkey slap of "WOMEN IN THIS FICTIONAL UNIVERSE HAVE IT REALLY HARD YOU KNOW"

• Haha 1

I've enjoyed it so far but one thing bothered me. Thought Cole murdering the knight of kisses in cold blood without any consequences was ridiculous. In the book he murdered him in the tourney, which makes sense, but at the actual wedding? Come on. 

Matt Smith is still annoying me as Daemon. Still has yet to win me over. 

• Subscriber

I'm still enjoying it as well. The last seasons of the main show were too much action and pay off without the adequate build up that made the show a success. Plenty of build up in this one. Would like to see some pay off soon though.

I'm also iffy on Matt Smith. Not that he's doing anything particularly wrong, but I'm still struggling to take him seriously in this character.

Going to miss Missy Alcock playing Rhaenyra. Fine young actress. 

Thought she was well written. Not some cliched, Hollywood woman protagonist that can't do any wrong (cough Rey cough) but a level headed young woman entering adulthood where her hormones lead to promiscuous and controversial decisions that goes against the crown, and a duty she is conflicted in even wanting. 

• Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Going to miss Missy Alcock playing Rhaenyra. Fine young actress. 

Thought she was well written. Not some cliched, Hollywood woman protagonist that can't do any wrong (cough Rey cough) but a level headed young woman entering adulthood where her hormones lead to promiscuous and controversial decisions that goes against the crown, and a duty she is conflicted in even wanting. 

Was wondering wtf you were on about, then read that it’s doing a time hop with new actresses 😂

I am enjoying this series more than the Lord of the rings. Some stuff has made me roll my eyes, but I know we aren’t going to get stuff on the level of early GOT, so I’ll accept it for what it is. 

• Subscriber

I haven't been watching previews and stuff so I didn't know the time jump was coming this week but the younger actresses in particular were quite good. Took me most of this episode to get used to the new ones. It was quite difficult to get to grips with aged up Rhaenyra without the perma-smirk on the younger actress' face.

Characters come and go real fast in this format. Not a criticism but it takes away a lot of the emotional impact when characters die, like Harwyn Strong in this episode.

I know bits and pieces of the story from YouTube/Dunk and Egg novellas/World of Ice and Fire but not all of it because I haven't read Fire and Blood at all or that other stuff for quite a while. I find I can just about follow the key players and their various spouses and allegiances in between these time jumps. I do wonder how easy it is for people who have just watched Game of Thrones and not read anything just to keep track of what's going on. xD

Edited by RandoEFC