talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Game Of Thrones

football forum

On 21/09/2022 at 02:00, Cicero said:

I've enjoyed it so far but one thing bothered me. Thought Cole murdering the knight of kisses in cold blood without any consequences was ridiculous. In the book he murdered him in the tourney, which makes sense, but at the actual wedding? Come on. 

Matt Smith is still annoying me as Daemon. Still has yet to win me over. 

Shovel face was bland. Don't know why so many were sucking him off. Probably a dr who thing. 

• Administrator

Matt Smith does look like one of those Christmas Island rock faces as a human being, which is curiously distracting. I don't think his performance as Daemon is all that bad to be honest, he's a decent actor. The issue for Matt when he plays a villain is that he lacks menace. 

• Upvote 1

Thought this recent episode was the best of the lot. Finally some actual drama that sets up the story's main premise. 

The pacing of the show is still terrible. Characters are dying and they are trying to portray it as if we should care about them when they've only had like 5 minutes of screen time. 

Edited by Cicero

On 05/10/2022 at 03:13, Cicero said:

Thought this recent episode was the best of the lot. Finally some actual drama that sets up the story's main premise. 

The pacing of the show is still terrible. Characters are dying and they are trying to portray it as if we should care about them when they've only had like 5 minutes of screen time. 

Shallow

As 

A

Puddle. 

• Subscriber

The kids in this show are more menacing than the adults and that says a lot considering one of them is supposed to be really evil and instead the two boys doing the cut-up was some of the best villainy we've seen yet. 

Its pacing is certainly off and what's striking to me in this is that I really don't care for any of these characters getting offed at any point in the show. They've done quite a horrible job of creating some kind of relation between the viewer and the characters. You find a favorite about 4 episodes in and you want them to survive or do well only to watch them fail and choke in a pool of their own blood but with this it feels like everyone is just expendable and moreover their personalities aren't all that appealing either. 

28 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

The kids in this show are more menacing than the adults and that says a lot considering one of them is supposed to be really evil and instead the two boys doing the cut-up was some of the best villainy we've seen yet. 

Its pacing is certainly off and what's striking to me in this is that I really don't care for any of these characters getting offed at any point in the show. They've done quite a horrible job of creating some kind of relation between the viewer and the characters. You find a favorite about 4 episodes in and you want them to survive or do well only to watch them fail and choke in a pool of their own blood but with this it feels like everyone is just expendable and moreover their personalities aren't all that appealing either. 

You can only hope with this final time jump it actually builds some development. 

Looking forward to Aemond Targaryan. Thought his transition from small and weak to fierce and bold was the best thing about the most recent episode. 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Cicero said:

You can only hope with this final time jump it actually builds some development. 

Looking forward to Aemond Targaryan. Thought his transition from small and weak to fierce and bold was the best thing about the most recent episode. 

I can see what the writers were trying to do with the time-shifts considering it would be pretty hard to convey things that happened when the characters were children vs younger than they are when the story kicks off, but it's been a bit of a drag and I don't even think that's my gripe. Take the simple matter of Ser Criston and how he does a total U-turn against Rhaenyra, you'd imagine they'd show some of those snippets to give watchers and understanding of how much hatred was built over time that turned him into the cold person he's become now. I suppose it's also because they don't want to come off as formulaic in their approach to this new show, but we shall see with the final shift. 

• Subscriber

I think it's just hard for them to tell a story spanning decades in a ten episode season of television. The format of it looks very ambitious in hindsight. I don't think the execution has been horrendous by any means. It does lead to the problem of seeing characters die having been portrayed by two different actors in four episodes and it simply not being as poignant as intended.

It also clearly suffers from them pursuing a quite similar narrative approach to what Game of Thrones had, but without there being 4-5 locations at a time to jump between. This also had an impact on the last season of the main series I think. It makes the pacing completely different and means they cover what would have been about 4 episodes worth of story and time progression in a single episode.

On 12/10/2022 at 16:57, RandoEFC said:

Hide contents

I love how little effort they've put into aging up Matt Smith as Daemon when almost every other character has had an actual change in actor or actress or turned from a human being into a walking corpse. xD

Literally no effort. 

They bottled the casting for probably the most notorious Targaryen. Nothing menacing at all about Matt Smith. 

Christ the generation Z fanbase makes this show unbearable at times. 

"YAAAS QUEEN SLAYYYYY"

"DRACARYS BITCHHHH"

"TEAM DAEMON"

"RHAENYS GIVING ME DAENERYS VIBES. AHHHHHMAAZZING"

"RHYENARA IS MY QUEEEN"

Looking forward to the outrage when everyone on the Blacks get killed. 

No doubt the majority of these fuckwits were fans of the rapist Khal Drogo. 

Edited by Cicero
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Christ the generation Z fanbase makes this show unbearable at times. 

"YAAAS QUEEN SLAYYYYY"

"DRACARYS BITCHHHH"

"TEAM DAEMON"

"RHAENYS GIVING ME DAENERYS VIBES. AHHHHHMAAZZING"

"RHYENARA IS MY QUEEEN"

Reveal hidden contents

No doubt the majority of these fuckwits were fans of the rapist Khal Drogo. 

It was the same with Game of Thrones when Daenerys became an insufferable mad cunt, and people were still rooting for her. 

• Upvote 1

On a serious note, the TEAM DAEMON one and his constant support is confusing to me. 

Bloke murdered his wife in cold blood, mocked his nephew's  death, killed hundreds of innocents, and dishonorably killed the crabfeeder to which some are comparing his "heroics" to Jon Snow in the Battle of the Bastards 😂

There hasn't even been any character development to redeem Daemon of those faults. 

Just finished Episode 8. 

Paddy Considine's acting is amazing in this. 

Seeing King Viserys health decline more and more felt really tough. Especially in this episode, where he could barely get out of bed, yet dragged himself to the throne room, and to dinner later on. It was really difficult to watch for me. Wonderful acting by Considine though.

A bit shaky in parts, and a little confusing seeing actors and actresses swap so frequently over a few episodes, but a solid ending to the first season I thought, enough to leave you wanting more for sure.

You could see that ending coming a mile off before it did but it still made for great watching.

Definitely think I prefer the latter actress as Rhaenyra for sure. Her and Olivia Cooke as Alicent have been great to watch together, hopefully both actresses remain into the next series a lot longer.

P.S Thank god we're seeing more of Daemon's darker side again. He was a bit tame for a few episodes there and went a little beige but he's shown a bit more spark, particularly in this episode now, to show he carries a big threat.

Thought it was a fitting finale and we were spoiled with a little treat at the end. Had a hunch that 'incident' would end the season, leading up to season 2. 

Surprised with the route they took regarding Aemond

accidentally killing Lucerys. Interesting change but something I can come to accept. The Targaryen dynasty are incredibly flawed and it would be somewhat poetic that their ultimate demise were at a result of their own doing and naivety.

Seeing the meltdown on social media was also splendid. Can't wait until Aegon feeds Rhaenyra to his dragon. 

Just finished the finale. I didn't expect much from this series, but I was positively surprised. Felt really entertaining and much better than the last 2-3 seasons of Game of Thrones. 

One thing that bothered me about the finale though:

I honestly expected to get to see Winterfell.

:(