talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Game Of Thrones

football forum

• Subscriber

It's understandable for Jaime to be a strong military commander and Euron to be this excellent pirate. Those two were responsible for the two major victories over Daenerys, not Cersei, so I can accept it.

The Lannisters seeming to have so many men bothered me because they took several losses to Robb Stark, would have lost several more men at the Battle of Blackwater but overwhelmed Stannis because the Tyrells joined Tywin. The Lannisters needed those men so much they agreed to make Margaery queen so the Tyrell army must have been at least nearly as big as what the Lannisters had left. However, if we accept that Randyll Tarly and his men made up a big chunk of that army that perhaps explains why Jaime led so many men to Highgarden this episode and the Tyrells had next to no men left. 

What still bothers me though is how Cersei has faced no consequences politically from blowing up the Sept of Baelor. This is a programme of "actions have consequences" which is what makes it great. Saying that everyone in Kings Landing and the Lannister army follows Cersei out of fear is fine but I don't buy the fact that there are no council members, nobles, not even Jaime questioning Cersei in any way, or plotting against her.

For someone who got her power by blowing up what is effectively the Vatican of Westeros before her son the King committed suicide because of her actions, she has far too stable a hold over her people for it to make sense and that's before you even factor in the fact that she has no claim to the throne anyway and the seven kingdoms have never been ruled by a woman before.

Yeah let's not forget why jamie killed aerys in the first place... he was going to blow up the stash of wildfire under kings landing rather than let himself be taken down. Then cersei did exactly that and jamie is still banging her? 

1 hour ago, Harry said:

Yeah let's not forget why jamie killed aerys in the first place... he was going to blow up the stash of wildfire under kings landing rather than let himself be taken down. Then cersei did exactly that and jamie is still banging her? 

Big difference between blowing up the city and blowing up the sept with only enemies in it.

1 minute ago, 6666 said:

Thankfully they didn't have Jon Snow just "bend the knee" to Daenerys. Good to know that he's not actually a complete fuckboy.

Best part of the episode. 

Fairly certain he will end up doing something that will piss off Daenerys, to which she will summon one of her Dragons that won't do anything to Jon and leave her gobsmacked. 

8 hours ago, Harry said:

She is very clearly portrayed as a novice player in the books. Almost pitied by most players such is her predictability. I.e. tyrion, baelish and varys.

Good example being the near catastrophic error of judgement to arm the faith in kings landing in book 4.  Or her determination to take down their main ally in the tyrells creating an unnecessary war that ultimately destroyed her legacy and leaves the throne without an heir.

She's not portrayed as a novice in the first three aside from maybe Baelish & Varys who're likely to carry that opinion of all the court. In book 4 she's wild but it is just after having lost her son, I think Tyrian's quote is something like "she makes stupid decisions when she's angry", granted she gets her fingers burned by the faith militant but we've not seen how that plays out in the books yet. I don't get your point because Tyrian, Robb, Baelish, Varys even all have made errors. 

Anyway this is a TVs version Martin has said a few times the books are the books this is it's own beast, for me she's a great character who you grudgingly respect dispute wishing death upon her, Lena Headey has been magnificent from word go also I think she'll go down as an all time legendary to villain. 

• Subscriber
18 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Lena Headey has been magnificent from word go also I think she'll go down as an all time legendary to villain. 

Shes a really good actress to be honest. One of my guilty pleasures was the remake of Judge Dredd in which again she is a fantastic villain.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

More importantly can someone not fix the title of the thread? :coffee:

I had to fix it now that you pointed it out. I didn't think JOSHBRFC was such an illiterate. 

• Thanks 1

• Subscriber

It does my head in when these leaks happen. I want to watch it when it actually comes out otherwise I don't fully enjoy it the same for some reason. But it's dangerous going on Facebook, YouTube, reddit because other people do watch it and there's spoilers in the video titles and stuff sometimes. 

Ok guilty. I couldn't help myself. I caved and watched it. Decent copy to be fair, although as @RandoEFC and @Cicero said, your experience of watching Thrones is greater in HD. And if you have surround sound, it must be even more amazing.

It's easy for me to say now but my advice is to wait. Will be worth it.

Not saying fuck all till others have watched it and are commenting next week because I'm not that guy, but I agree with @IgnisExcubitor, it's fucking intense and the best episode of the series.

Edited by Lucas

Fuck me what an episode. Was half expecting the dragonborn to pop outta nowhere and 'fus roh dah' that bitch 

An hour isn't long enough anymore. Dying for each new episode and dying to see how the dragons will react to Jon. 

Edited by Cicero