talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Game Of Thrones

football forum

• Subscriber
35 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Think the Night King intentionally waited to approach Jon and co due to him realising he needs a dragon to get through the wall? 

No, just think it was sloppy writing. If the Night King had some sort of future seeing ability there's been absolutely no indication of that during the show or books before now.

1 hour ago, RandoEFC said:

No, just think it was sloppy writing. If the Night King had some sort of future seeing ability there's been absolutely no indication of that during the show or books before now.

Do we even know what power's the Night King even has? It begs the question as to why the Night King waited so long to attack Jon

The only thing I'd say is that the impact of the dragons was so much more intense in Episode 4 because it was unexpected that 2 episodes later, I was less in awe at the impact of them. Still a great scene though if you enjoy it for what it is.

I badly want one of those 'shocking' deaths that we've become accustomed to in seasons past. I really feel like we need that in the finale. Something that we just don't see coming.

• Administrator
13 minutes ago, Tsubasa said:

And people who start complaining about stupid writing etc. Start trying to finish a complicated ass story, that even the creator couldn't finish for YEARS. 

George himself doesn't know how to tie it all up, it's why the the shows writers have begun accelerating the plot because God knows they can't wait 7 years for his version.

35 minutes ago, Tsubasa said:

You're all a bunch of whinging cunts! 

Anyway, Arya is fucking stupid. 

wNzaTUW.png

"I'd die before serving a Lannister" 

2g684eest3hz.jpg

23 minutes ago, Tsubasa said:

And people who start complaining about stupid writing etc. Start trying to finish a complicated ass story, that even the creator couldn't finish for YEARS. 

U fuckin wot m8?

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Tsubasa said:

So who do you guys want to see on the Iron Throne? By now I'm hoping it's Littlefinger. That would be the ultimate fuck you to all the fan boys and girls. 

<3

Fairly certain Petyr has fucked himself over. I just suspect he'll be dead before the season finishes. Arya to off him would be my bet. Another face for the collection 

Just now, Batard said:

Fairly certain Petyr has fucked himself over. I just suspect he'll be dead before the season finishes. Arya to off him would be my bet. Another face for the collection 

Well, she once tried to out-Littlefinger Littlefinger, and it didn't go as planned. 

2 minutes ago, HoneyNUFC said:

Thought that bear they fought was awful. It looked like a cheap 1980s film. 

And the fact that everyone was standing around doing literal nothing while it attacked Thoros wasn't clever. The hound gets a pass, but everyone standing there staring for 20 seconds while it tears up thoros was awkward.

19 hours ago, Tanksie said:

The most far fetched thing about the episode. by far, is jon in full clothes swimming to the surface of a frozen lake, then surviving the hours back to the wall in said clothes.

Followed by huge dragon lifting chains out of nowhere

Followed by Benjin ex machina

Followed by the days/weeks waiting on a frozen lake

Followed by the night king and his buddies not using those magic power spears they can throw so far and majestically at Jon and co while they were witting ducks on 50 square meters of land

Followed by Sansa and Arya fighting a pointless argument over what boils down to fuck all.

But dragons!!! Excitement!!! Banter!!!   'BEST EPISODE EVAH!!!"

Well we need to have a bit of context here, don't always assume that it's playing out at the same time. Sansa said Jon had been gone weeks but the pacing suggests it's days or even hours. 

Regarding the raven read this it will make your brain hurt

I wouldn't read on, they'll no doubt be spoliers.

Although I will give you the point about Benjen it could have been handled better and in general it has suffered a little because of the reduced episode count t could have been spread over 10 and handled more skillfully.

• Subscriber

Sansa had a line in the trailer - "the lone wolf dies but the pack survives".

We haven't yet had this line so it must be in the finale. Her father's words from season one used to convince Arya of her loyalty, or to convince Bran to stop being the three eyed raven and be a Stark/wolf for one minute to solve the Littlefinger and Arya issue.

If not one of those two, it's a pro-Stark unity line, still confident the girls sort their shit out and end Baelish.

Think Bran will end up being the lord of the light or the night king. Just don't know which. Maybe both? 

And in regards to Jon's foreshadowing comment (I wish  you good fortune), him and Ned shared very similar traits. He may not be his biological son, but he did raise him 

Edited by Cicero
  • Upvote 1

• Subscriber

Honestly im torn on this episode in particular. Yes the writing hasnt been the same and even the staunchest supporter knows this but i can get passed that, theres enough in it still it doesnt bother me. This episode had so much good yet so much bad in one hour i dont know  what to think. I dont know why the white walkers are so afraid of going in ice water THEYRE FUCKING DEAD what are they going to do? freeze to death? then sure enough at the end they must have dived in and used these chains they forged out of the night kings ass hairs. So then theres Benjen, where the fuck did he come from to save the day out of nowhere? and why didnt he get on the god damn horse im sure two of them could have rode away.... Then theres the olympic runner in Genrdy, which by they're land marks and such they showed it as this big journey and somehow the fastest man on the planet (maybe plot twist hes a cyborb?) somehow runs it in such a short time that a raven can be sent and danny can come to the rescue in the meantime. I wont even bother with the Arya Sansa storyline it just seems like a copout.

Im not one to bitch but this is worth bitching about they better do some work in this finale.  /rant.

Edited by Viva la FCB
  • Upvote 1

Honestly, the bitching and moaning from a select few (book snobs mostly) is tiring. These writers started with a foundation go work from, but they have had to deviate because that fat shit is a lazy cunt and won't do his job and finish the bastard story. I don't blame them for the rushed feel. Yes, they could have planned in advanced a bit better but how many times has the next book been pushed back in the last 7 years?

It probably occurred to them during season 4 that the story wouldn't be advanced through the books so they are having to tie up the story quicker than planned. I still don't understand why we are getting shorter seasons, that just makes it even more rushed. Regardless, it's still the best show on television, the spectacle alone is worth celebrating. 

Edited by FOYM
  • Upvote 1

• Subscriber

I know this is the internet but not everything has to be so black and white. You can criticise a tv show without being a book snob or a whiny bitch.

Also the writers can't really use a lack of source material as an excuse for some of the things they've been criticised for. They're writers, shockingly that will involve them having to write material and as they've probably made more off this show than the last several generations of most families, most fans might just hope it's of a high quality.

Again, let's not try to be black and white here and think this means I hate the show, I still love the show but if I criticise elements of it I won't burst into flames.

Predictions for the next episode guys? 

Will bran do anything at all of note?

Will Sam head to the wall,  dragonstone kings landing?

What will happen in kings landing? 

Will Jonno be revealed as the living embodiment of all that is good in the world and have everybody kiss his ring as the scene fades out?

Big battle?

Wall coming down? If so how? Ice dragon fire?

Litllefinger getting done in? 

Will Davos become even more awesome than he already is?