talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Game Of Thrones

football forum

24 minutes ago, Tanksie said:

The bad doesn't wash out the good, and it is cannon that it was Jofferey that sent the assassin by the way. And no one tempted Jofferey into killing ned. He did it because he is a vicious dickhead.

He would have paid for the city guard to back ned, if ned supported Renley. He told him so. Ned didn't, and Littlefinger wouldn't last long with stannis as king.

Why did LF kill Jon and frame the Lannisters if not to start a war? 

If starting a war was his aim then why not try and seal the deal with the assassin and by making sure Neds head is removed? 

2 hours ago, Harry said:

Why did LF kill Jon and frame the Lannisters if not to start a war? 

If starting a war was his aim then why not try and seal the deal with the assassin and by making sure Neds head is removed? 

Like I said, it is cannon that he had nothing to do with the assassin. And nothing has ever been said about him telling Joffrey to kill ned, Joffrey wouldn't have needed to be egged on.

• Subscriber

Baelish has to go, masterfully causing political chaos and weaving his way to the top of it only to lose it all possibly to the supernatural force of Bran seeing the past is a satisfying end to his story. Like someone else said, the game of thrones itself has to take a back seat when the war for the dawn begins so LF becomes redundant in the next phase of the story.

Also from Sansa's perspective, learning everything from Baelish then getting shot of him and using those skills to keep his army and the Northern lords on side is what her story is ultimately about.

On 8/27/2017 at 9:57 AM, Tsubasa said:

Exactly. Littlefinger has been the best player of the "Game of Thrones" so far, he's the most intelligent and cunning character of the series. It would be a shame if they let him die an undeserving and cheap-ish death. 

Get rekt. Though I do agree that it seemed a bit cheap and silly.

If I were such a clever man, and I realized it was me vs a manipulator with all the power, an assassin and a guy who can see the future, and everything I've done in the past, I would have taken sansa aside quietly, apologized for any wrong doing in the past, maybe explained some of my actions, reminded her I save her life, promised her the continuing friendship and support from the Vale, asked for her secrecy and gone home to the Erie.

That he stayed and tried to steer the ship against such odds is insanity.

Shit. Fuck. Wow. 

Pretty much everything i expected to happen happened and yet i'm still speechless. Stellar episode. 

The lord of light must be on the side of the night king tho. Sending them on that mission made the wall come down. Fuck sake. The NK clearly knew they had dragons add thats why he let them wait it out for Daenyrys. The prick is one step ahead. How do you even kill a dragon Wight?

20 hours ago, 6666 said:

If the whole of the last season is humans vs. zombies then it'll be quite shit.

Wonder if they'll slow it down. People cover half of Westeros in a  episode. The Wight's  could reach kings landing in episode one.

P.s. right now Bran is the most important man in the seven kingdoms. He's the only one who saw what happened and lived and knows Jon is Azor Ahai.

7 minutes ago, Harry said:

Terrifying. 

What is?

Can't believe people are getting upset over Jon being named Aegon. Finding a way to complain about literally everything rather than understanding Rhaegar was obsessed with the prince that was promised prophecy. He obviously named his first son as well as Jon Aegon to fulfill the prophecy. 

1 minute ago, Harry said:

I thought you meant the night king.  He is now born into westeros...

I seriously feel like I need to go and warn people. 😅

No lol, meaning I was right about Jon being the rightful heir with Rhaegar and Lyanna getting married. 

He's always been my king. 

3 minutes ago, Harry said:

I'm not sure how but I've sensed something special about Jon Snow honestly from the first episode of season 1.

I need more episodes right now damnit. 😐

Same. Knew there was more to him that met the eye 

3 minutes ago, True Blue said:

I am the only person on TFF that doesn't watch Game of Thrones.

My man. You honestly have one of the most amazing things ever sitting there undiscovered for when you're ready to give it a go. 

19 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Even tough i like the theme, and the fantasy i am never too keen on series that are too popular.

I can understand that to some extent but this is not a trend to be resisted.  Its not a case of jumping on a bandwagon because others are. Its a show of scale and production value the likes of which tv has never seen before. It makes the Lord of the Rings look like the Faraway Tree.

You just watch it and realise how epic it is. And then you're hooked. 

• Subscriber
55 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Even tough i like the theme, and the fantasy i am never too keen on series that are too popular.

This was me until three years ago. Watched Season 1 Episode 1 and got so addicted I managed up to the end of Season 4 within ten days.

"You have to see to understand."