talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Game Of Thrones

football forum

1 minute ago, RandoEFC said:

This was me until three years ago. Watched Season 1 Episode 1 and got so addicted I managed up to the end of Season 4 within ten days.

"You have to see to understand."

Seen a few newer episodes since my friend from work who shares a office with me is a big big fan.

• Subscriber

All in all im satisfied with the finale how they set up alot of next season. Jaime's character arch is one of legends I think its still the most intriguing thing going. Little finger, i agree with tanksies it was a cheap death but the whole thing was sort of predictable, it seemed really cheap and unbelieveable that something so little and stupid broke apart the Stark girls, with this being the most likely outcome. Most important thing of the epsiode was the incest we've all been waiting for.

1 hour ago, Harry said:

I can understand that to some extent but this is not a trend to be resisted.  Its not a case of jumping on a bandwagon because others are. Its a show of scale and production value the likes of which tv has never seen before. It makes the Lord of the Rings look like the Faraway Tree.

You just watch it and realise how epic it is. And then you're hooked. 

Take it back 

It was a good episode but Baelish's death was too obvious and the character is one that could've been used a lot more to make things more interesting. Sansa has gone from being quite interesting to being boring again. Arya stopped mattering long ago.

Only other thing that annoyed me was the conversation between Cercei & Tyrion being cut short. Her saying she'll fight with them turned out to be bullshit but it was still random and felt totally out of place as it didn't show where the conversation could've gone that would've made people think she'd be willing to fight alongside them. They conveniently skipped it.

Other than that it was a good episode.

Overall the season provided great action but there were too many hero shields. Should've killed a big character from the "good side".

Edited by 6666

Just now, 6666 said:

Hide contents

It was a good episode but Baelish's death was too obvious and the character is one that could've been used a lot more to make things more interesting. Sansa has gone from being quite interesting to being boring again. Arya stopped mattering long ago.

Only other thing that annoyed me was the conversation between Cercei & Tyrion being cut short. Her saying she'll fight with them turned out to be bullshit but it was still random and felt totally out of place as it didn't show where the conversation could've gone that would've made people think she be willing to fight alongside them. They conveniently skipped it.

Other than that it was a good episode.

Overall the season provided great action but there were too many hero shields. Should've killed a big character from the "good side".

Wall collapsed and I'm assuming it took Tormund and Beric with it. 

I don't thing Tormund or Beric are dead. I think they ran across the top of the wall (I remember them turning right when going out of the birds nest area) and to safety. No way they kill off a loved character like Tormund without showing a real focus on it. He'll get a warriors death in the final season.

16 hours ago, Tanksie said:

Get rekt. Though I do agree that it seemed a bit cheap and silly.

If I were such a clever man, and I realized it was me vs a manipulator with all the power, an assassin and a guy who can see the future, and everything I've done in the past, I would have taken sansa aside quietly, apologized for any wrong doing in the past, maybe explained some of my actions, reminded her I save her life, promised her the continuing friendship and support from the Vale, asked for her secrecy and gone home to the Erie.

That he stayed and tried to steer the ship against such odds is insanity.

I knew exactly what happened when I saw that you quoted me this morning. Fucking bastard! But yea, as you said, for such a clever man, it was not a very clever way to die. 

All in all it was a fantastic episode. Great writing to be honest, considering there is no more source material, and that soundtrack has been on point all season. 

I thought Jaime was a goner when Cersei 'sort of' acknowledged The Mountain. He's a lucky boy. Definitely going to hook up with Brianne now.

I really hope Tyrion doesn't turn. What with the way he was looking at Dany and Jon when they hooked up along with his meeting with Cersei where we don't know what was actually said after he acknowledged she was pregnant, I hope he's not going to become a mole and stab Jon/Dany in the back as 'repayment' for taking the blame of tearing apart the Lannister family that Cersei accused him of doing so.

I really don't trust Bran. I don't know what it is but I just can't help but feel he'd tip people off more if he could see what was going. Like when he was watching the dead army tear down and march through the wall. Is he communicating with them in some way to lead them there? Is he actually in some way controlling The Night King or even is him?

Where was Gendry? He was recovering at The Wall last episode after making it back alive but he was nowhere to be seen this episode? Not exactly the place you wanna be recovering...

And there's no way Thormand and Sir Beric can die 'off screen' like that. I'm not buying it. They are alive.

Edited by Lucas

3 hours ago, oliveandblue said:

I'm becoming a fan of Theon Greyjoy.  He's had a WONDERFUL character arc.  

He's yet to really make any significant positive contribution though. If he somehow takes Pike and brings the iron born to the party then his story will have been worth the screen time.