talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Game Of Thrones

football forum

32 minutes ago, Spike said:

Yeah, the battle was very poorly written. My wife for instance wouldn't shut up about how there is no logical or possible reason an undead army has access to large iron link chains.

It looked dramatic but i agree there were many more plausible ways they could have done it.

Like just walking into the water and carry it out... they don't breath so why would falling in water be bad? 

Or maybe it died and didn't fall through the ice. And in their haste to escape they couldn't burn it. 

Or maybe they try to burn it but it can't be burnt because it's a dragon and impervious to fire....

I still love the show but there is definitely more of a suspend disbelief element than there used to be. Now they are trusting us to just be in awe of the spectacle and overlook the more finer details that don't make sense. 

4 minutes ago, carefreeluke said:

Yeah, Arya has been pissing me off slightly as well, I've always quite liked Little Finger to be honest.

The worst character of all time was the High Sparrow, fuck me what a bore he was.

image.thumb.png.efd5a631314e13435af7667f325200f9.png

I quite liked the high sparrow but i honestly thought he would have ultimately been revealed to be just another political player of the game of thrones... in the show he really did turn out to be as pious as he seemed.

Edited by Harry

47 minutes ago, Harry said:

Where are you getting this mate? 

Lots of sources now reporting the rumors, but it initially broke out on Reddit, when the actress that played Lyanna, started following him on social media and vice versa as well as other cast members during the very start of season 7 production. 

Very little to go by, but it's picking up heat. And in terms of resemblance, he could match Rhaegar's description. 

Edited by Cicero

Littlefinger would be a great winner, but I think he's running out of options and needs to leave Winterfell ASAP.  Jon will off him if he gets back home and finds out what's been stirred up.

I'm curious to see what happens with Gendry at the end.  They went through a lot to bring him back - I assume that he's going to have a surprisingly big part.  

I also see Theon Greyjoy doing something huge in the final season.  They've been keeping him on a thread for a long time now.  I imagine there is a huge thing that he has to tie up first.  

Edited by oliveandblue

6 hours ago, Cicero said:

I'd wager him getting killed off more likely than Jaime being the lord of the light. 

Pretty sure I read something about the actor who plays Jaime saying that normally they are given their scripts for the whole series in advance, 4 weeks before filming but this time its been more hush hush that they only have up to a first few episodes. Obviously would assume he makes it to Series 8.

1 minute ago, Lucas said:

Pretty sure I read something about the actor who plays Jaime saying that normally they are given their scripts for the whole series in advance, 4 weeks before filming but this time its been more hush hush that they only have up to a first few episodes. Obviously would assume he makes it to Series 8.

Heard something different. I remembered hearing Kit saying something along the lines of never knowing the fate of his character nor who Jon's actual mother was. 

15 hours ago, Cicero said:

Heard something different. I remembered hearing Kit saying something along the lines of never knowing the fate of his character nor who Jon's actual mother was. 

https://www.express.co.uk/showbiz/tv-radio/843447/Game-of-Thrones-season-8-when-will-it-air-Nikolaj-Coster-Waldau-Jaime-Lannister-spoiler

Pretty confident he'll survive but he could have purposely said that and given the fans a massive curve ball.

I hope Jaime doesn't die anyway. Personally would love this series to end with him being provoked into killing Cersei. That would be a great shock given how devoted he has been to her. Maybe she could be lying about the pregnancy and he finds out, or she does something like get the mountain to kill Brianne that makes him tip over the edge.

Edited by Lucas

3 hours ago, Harry said:

I think in order of most to least likely to die next episode:

Baelish

Cersei

Briiene

Jamie

Tyrion

Sansa

Arya

Dany

Jon

Littlefinger will die. The fued between Sansa and Arya is just a lame distraction.

Cersie is too important a character to die so early. Maybe next season.

No point in Brienne dying.

Jamie will probably kill Cersie and might die with her next season.

Tyrion nope, never.

Jon and Dany are probably hooking up next episode. 

That sex scene, Littlefinger's death and wall breaking down is probably a certainty for the finale.

Littlefinger dying would be a perfect representation of how the writers have gone about things without any source material. Less about intrigue and manipulation, more about action and moments. Catering to the masses.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, 6666 said:

Littlefinger dying would be a perfect representation of how the writers have gone about things without any source material. Less about intrigue and manipulation, more about action and moments. Catering to the masses.

Exactly. Littlefinger has been the best player of the "Game of Thrones" so far, he's the most intelligent and cunning character of the series. It would be a shame if they let him die an undeserving and cheap-ish death. 

5 hours ago, 6666 said:

I don't think so man. His time has come. He's fucked over Starks for far too long and it is fitting for a developing master player to be the one to end his narrative.

This story was always going to hone in on a man vs others battle and it would be symbolic for LF to be swept aside for that. 

Next season nobody will be giving a shit who's playing the game of thrones....

1 hour ago, Harry said:

I don't think so man. His time has come. He's fucked over Starks for far too long and it is fitting for a developing master player to be the one to end his narrative.

This story was always going to hone in on a man vs others battle and it would be symbolic for LF to be swept aside for that. 

Next season nobody will be giving a shit who's playing the game of thrones....

He tried to put ned on the throne, he gave Cat Neds bones. He saved Sansa from kings landing, and marched on winterfell for her.

1 hour ago, Tanksie said:

He tried to put ned on the throne, he gave Cat Neds bones. He saved Sansa from kings landing, and marched on winterfell for her.

He tempted Lysa into killing Jon Arryn then instructed her to write to Kat claiming it was done by Lannisters. He (imo) sent the assassin with the dagger to kill Bran. He then claimed that the dagger was Tyrions. He then pretended to help Ned and earned his trust in KL but betrayed him at the critical moment as Ned believed he'd paid off the city watch to support him against Cersei. He was then (imo) the one that tempted Joffrey into beheading Ned.

He started the war of the 5 kings. 

He is now planning the seed to Arya that Sansa is out to get Jon, and planting the seed to Sansa that she should send Brienne away so she can kill Arya.

Edited by Harry

11 minutes ago, Harry said:

He tempted Lysa into killing Jon Arryn then instructed her to write to Kat claiming it was done by Lannisters. He (imo) sent the assassin with the dagger to kill Bran. He then claimed that the dagger was Tyrions. He then pretended to help Ned and earned his trust in KL but betrayed him at the critical moment as Ned believed he'd paid off the city watch to support him against Cersei. He was then (imo) the one that tempted Joffrey into beheading Ned.

He started the war of the 5 kings. 

He is now planning the seed to Arya that Sansa is out to get Jon, and planting the seed to Sansa that she should send Brienne away so she can kill Arya.

The bad doesn't wash out the good, and it is cannon that it was Jofferey that sent the assassin by the way. And no one tempted Jofferey into killing ned. He did it because he is a vicious dickhead.

He would have paid for the city guard to back ned, if ned supported Renley. He told him so. Ned didn't, and Littlefinger wouldn't last long with stannis as king.