talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Game Of Thrones

football forum

2 hours ago, Spike said:

The ending was so stupid. Instead of ending the show on the big reveal they fuck around and end it with an action scene. These fuckers can't sequence for shit!

I honestly thought the ending was epic. A massive and catastrophic way to end the season and leave you desperate for more.

We all wanted a really big death to 'shock' the audience, much like what we had with Ned, Robb, Joffrey etc. But was Littlefinger really big enough?

Maybe it was too obvious we'd lose him. Perhaps it would have been better to go left field and take someone we never saw coming.

• Subscriber

The last season is very open to prediction. I hope the Bran = Night's King has nothing to it, and I certainly hope the lesser known Jon = Night's King is just nonsense as well.

I'll be interested to see how they handle the conflict in the North and the conflict for the throne. Seems the way things are set they'll defeat the White Walkers in the North then go South and finish fighting over the throne but it seems wrong if the war against the dead is finished in 3-4 episodes then the rest is the "silly" war over the iron throne when one of the morals of the story is that the squabbling for power between families is less important than the threat from the North.

1 hour ago, Harry said:

And the prince needs Lightbringer

Yup.

The prince that was promised was born out of ash and salt. Jon was born after the sacking of Kingslanding. The ash = ash from the city burning, and salt = his mother's tears after giving birth to him. Needs to kill Dany, his true love, in order to forge the sword.  Least that's my theory which in all honesty sounds reasonable. 

1 hour ago, RandoEFC said:

The last season is very open to prediction. I hope the Bran = Night's King has nothing to it, and I certainly hope the lesser known Jon = Night's King is just nonsense as well.

I'll be interested to see how they handle the conflict in the North and the conflict for the throne. Seems the way things are set they'll defeat the White Walkers in the North then go South and finish fighting over the throne but it seems wrong if the war against the dead is finished in 3-4 episodes then the rest is the "silly" war over the iron throne when one of the morals of the story is that the squabbling for power between families is less important than the threat from the North.

honestly I think the north will be completely fucked on in devastating fashion to the point you think the good guys can't possibly win and even the golden company will end up fighting the whites in a huge battle at Moat Cailin (the neck).

For me some of the key questions for next season are: 

1. How will Bran's powers develop and what role will he play in the great war? Will we see him getting more involved in historical events? 

2. What is light bringer? Is it really a sword or is the sword a metaphor? I have heard it speculated as being a) a valerian steel sword (longclaw, or the reforging of Ice by Gendry, or that Sam's sword turns out to be one of the long lost Targaryen blades Blackfyre or Black Sister), b) a dragon,  c) the night's watch, d) a great army of the living

3. Will Jon be outed as Aegon Targaryen to the world or be given the information and choose to remain as Ned Starks son.

4. How will Jon come face to face with the Night King? 

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, FOYM said:

An army of the dead lead by an ice king flying a dead dragon attacks a giant ice wall and you're concern is that the flame was blue?......okay.

That was like when the internet was hung up on the episode before with where the undead found the chains to drag the dragon out of the ice water from. WHO CARES there where so many larger questions with no answers then the night king forging a giant chain out of his ass hairs.

Just saw the final episode. Loved it, except the Littlefinger death. He deserved better.

Going forward, I think Tyrion will turn. The bit about him loving Cersie's children and the fact that she is pregnant. It's not so much about him loving her, but being afraid of the dragons. I think deep down he wants a world without dragon and he will help her destroy them when the time's right.

4 hours ago, Viva la FCB said:

That was like when the internet was hung up on the episode before with where the undead found the chains to drag the dragon out of the ice water from. WHO CARES there where so many larger questions with no answers then the night king forging a giant chain out of his ass hairs.

The chains were a bit of a hole in the storytelling to be honest but I don't know how blue fire is in anyway an issue.

• Subscriber

No way Tyrion turns, absolutely no way, especially not now that Jaime has deserted her. I know the show is the show and the books are the books but Tyrion going back to Cersei's side would be an even bigger character assassination than having Stannis burn his own daughter.

A lot has been made about his 'look' when Jon and Dany were getting it on. Honestly I think he is only concerned about Dany's heart ruling her head and letting her feelings for Jon get in the way of doing what needs to be done to beat the Night King and then take the throne. Others have commented that he doesn't want Jon's overly honourable outlook influencing Dany's actions more than his own more pragmatic outlook.

The Tyrion loves Dany jealousy theory, while I wouldn't buy that either, does have some weight behind it potentially given the 'I believe in you' and 'the most important person in the world' comments in earlier episodes, but nah.

There's a complex theory that Tyrion agreed with Cersei off screen that he'd convince Dany to make her unborn Lannister child the heir to the throne because she can't have kids herself and that's why Cersei agreed to the truce but again, this falls down immediately with the fact that Cersei was lying about sending her armies North. Besides, I know the writers seem to have made Tyrion pretty dumb the last two seasons but not dumb enough to think he could convince Dany to name Cersei's child her heir.

My guess is that Tyrion tries to convince Cersei to help so that Dany might let their child be born and live to inherit Casterly Rock or something along those lines, she pretends to agree, then her actual intentions are what she tells Jaime later about the Golden Company and letting the Starkgaryen alliance and the army of the dead destroy each other in the North. Any deal Tyrion might have made with Cersei doesn't matter anyway as soon as Jaime turns up and tells them Cersei double crossed them and he left her to come and fight on his own. Therefore there's no dramatic pay off of us going "oh shit that's what that look Tyrion gave was about" in the context of it messing up his deal with Cersei.

Conclusion: the only likely explanation for them to show us that look from Tyrion is to portray his concern that Jon's honourable, idealistic approach to life will rub off on Dany and get her killed like it did Ned, Robb and Jon himself, or his concern that Dany's feelings for Jon will cloud her judgement and lead to her risking her life (let's be honest how long is it until Jon charges alone into a column of 500 wights with no hope of escape besides Dany swooping him away on dragon back again?).

• Subscriber
15 hours ago, 6666 said:

The chains were a bit of a hole in the storytelling to be honest but I don't know how blue fire is in anyway an issue.

Out of all the holes I dont see why the chains where the thing to pick on though. You dont think Bengen coming out of nowhere to sacrifice himself for Jon was a bigger wtf? or the fact that all of a sudden the undead have no problem in water and dive deep to hook up these chains and pull the dragon out? or how Gendry is secretly Usain Bolt covering distance they seemingly made look like a long journey in a matter of hours and with time to spare to send a raven to Dany with still time to mount up and save them. 

8 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

Out of all the holes I dont see why the chains where the thing to pick on though. You dont think Bengen coming out of nowhere to sacrifice himself for Jon was a bigger wtf? or the fact that all of a sudden the undead have no problem in water and dive deep to hook up these chains and pull the dragon out? or how Gendry is secretly Usain Bolt covering distance they seemingly made look like a long journey in a matter of hours and with time to spare to send a raven to Dany with still time to mount up and save them. 

Benjen calls to the three eyed raven, just as he had done before when he saved Bran and Meera. 

Most likely Benjen was called upon Bran to save Jon. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Cicero said:

Benjen calls to the three eyed raven, just as he had done before when he saved Bran and Meera. 

Most likely Benjen was called upon Bran to save Jon. 

I mean thats all well and good but what does he do all alone up north for all this time then? camp out by himself and wait until hes called? meanwhile the undead army moves accross the whole plain not running into him. I dont know bit of a cop out to save him still in my opinion. At least theres some reason of an explanation anyways.