talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Game Of Thrones

football forum

Also confirmed there will be one more season after this one. 

Excited for the new season, but If they don't show flashbacks of Robert's Rebellion, i'll be livid. More importantly, how Daenerys and Jon will fair, knowing that Jon is the rightful heir. 

King in the North and King of Westeros 

39 minutes ago, Tanksie said:

Well, that trailer showed me precisely nothing. Very exciting

Dany's off to Dragonstone by the looks of it. But yeah it wasn't the most informative teaser, guess it lived up to the name. 

20 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

So finally finished season 6 last night. The fact that Battle of the Bastards was so fucking good kinda put on dampener on the finale (thought it was boring, with the exception of the flashbacks to Ned).

Plus witnessing what the whole series was building up to circulating lost information about a certain 'bastard'.

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, Cicero said:

As long as Jon takes what's rightfully his (fuck off Daenerys) I'll be happy. Some Robert's rebellion flashbacks would be cool too. 

Awaiting the episode to see  Daenerys or Cersei actually swing a sword...

How are you to know that he's the rightful heir? If they weren't married he's technically another Blackfyre type offshoot.

14 hours ago, Harry said:

How are you to know that he's the rightful heir? If they weren't married he's technically another Blackfyre type offshoot.

From what I've read, it's highly anticipated that Rhaegar actually loved Lyanna and she loved him. It's  suggested that they had a betrothal, meaning if it was legitamised, Jon would be the rightful heir. Also a hint where Lyanna is whispering something to  Ned on her deathbed  that we do not know and begging her brother not to reveal Jon's true identity..

Remains to be seen but excited for the show to start. Each week waiting for the new episode is going to be painful. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
3 minutes ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

Sansa says, "Lone wolf dies, but the pack survives." 

Is Jon going to sacrifice himself?

I think it points more towards a bit of a Stark reunion. It would be a shame to not at least see Arya and Sansa meet back up as well as Jon and Bran.

25 minutes ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

Sansa says, "Lone wolf dies, but the pack survives." 

Is Jon going to sacrifice himself?

From first hearing it, you can't help but feel the jealousy from Sansa towards Jon and the influence Baelish has had on her regarding the true lord in the north. Maybe a plot to have Jon killed? He is the lone wolf after all. 

That would be in incredibly poor taste and writing considering the amount it took to bring Jon back to life in the first place. And that would be far too predictable. 

Could mean a whole number of things but for me, that is the most likely. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/22/2017 at 8:58 PM, Cicero said:

From first hearing it, you can't help but feel the jealousy from Sansa towards Jon and the influence Baelish has had on her regarding the true lord in the north. Maybe a plot to have Jon killed? He is the lone wolf after all. 

That would be in incredibly poor taste and writing considering the amount it took to bring Jon back to life in the first place. And that would be far too predictable. 

Could mean a whole number of things but for me, that is the most likely. 

You are right. 

Saw the documentary on the making of last season today, and they elaborated on that point citing the look Sansa gives to Baelish, in the season finale (when Jon is announced as the king). The director of that episode explained how Jon being  basterd makes Sansa the true leader of North by blood.

Now add that quote of Sansa's from the trailer, and we can expect a betrayal from Sansa, thanks to Baelish.

Edited by IgnisExcubitor

• Subscriber

If there becomes a Sansa vs Jon storyline I'll be sick in my mouth. Jon gave Sansa the opportunity to rule the North at the end of season six when he said he was having the Lords chamber prepared for her and she said he should have it. It makes no sense for her to backtrack on that.

My personal theory is that, as the Hound is headed North with the Brotherhood without Banners and he was in the throne room in Kings Landing serving the Lannisters when Baelish betrayed Ned, that he'll reveal this to Sansa given that they had something of a relationship when they were both there, and this will lead to Baelish's demise. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

You are right. 

Saw the documentary on the making of last season today, and they elaborated on that point citing the look Sansa gives to Baelish, in the season finale (when Jon is announced as the king). The director of that episode explained how Jon being  basterd makes Sansa the true leader of North by blood.

Now add that quote of Sansa's from the trailer, and we can expect a betrayal from Sansa, thanks to Baelish.

You'd think Bran would have something to say in all of this though? Making his way back to Winterfell and revealing to everyone Jon's true identity?

If Rhaegar and Lyanna got married, that would make Jon lord of Winterfell as well as the rightful heir to the Iron Throne. Not to mention Jon has Dragon blood as well. 

5 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

If there becomes a Sansa vs Jon storyline I'll be sick in my mouth. Jon gave Sansa the opportunity to rule the North at the end of season six when he said he was having the Lords chamber prepared for her and she said he should have it. It makes no sense for her to backtrack on that.

My personal theory is that, as the Hound is headed North with the Brotherhood without Banners and he was in the throne room in Kings Landing serving the Lannisters when Baelish betrayed Ned, that he'll reveal this to Sansa given that they had something of a relationship when they were both there, and this will lead to Baelish's demise. 

Never liked Baelish from the start. 

Edited by Cicero