talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Game Of Thrones

football forum

• Subscriber

I did find it uncomfortable because she's younger in the novels and seems younger than she actually is in real life, but in reality even the character is old enough now for it not to be weird, only our perception makes it weird.

I just got into a huge argument in office regarding Arya's sex scene. I was uncomfortable watching it. And according to one of my colleague it's a symptom of my mind that has been raised in patriarchy which finds women exercising their choice to have sex as unacceptable. I also got Maise Williams tweet showed to me as to how her parents and family are okay with it. 

Apparently, the feelings of my independent mind, which doesn't depend on her family's feelings and which still sees her as a child, are invalid in this Tumblr world. 

Edited by IgnisExcubitor

1 minute ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

I just got into a huge argument in office regarding Arya's sex scene. I was uncomfortable watching it. And according to one of my colleague it's a symptom of my mind that has been raised in patriarchy which finds women exercising their choice to have sex as unacceptable. I also got Maise Williams tweet showed to me as to how her parents and family are okay with it. 

Apparently, the feelings of my independent mind, which doesn't depend on her family's feelings and which still sees her as a child, are invalid in this Tumblr world. 

Fuck your workplace. 

Did you say you wouldn't have anything against a Sophie Turner (consensual) sex scene? Sophie matured into a woman over the years whereas Maise, to many people, still looks barley a teenager. 

4 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Fuck your workplace. 

Did you say you wouldn't have anything against a Sophie Turner (consensual) sex scene? Sophie matured into a woman over the years whereas Maise, to many people, still looks barley a teenager. 

Yep I gave Sansa's example and Arya still looks like a child. That and also stated that I, as an individual, can think differently. That's when mansplaning was dropped, and I moved away. It's pointless arguing with such idiots.

Edited by IgnisExcubitor

Was talking with my wife about the brilliant character development this show has with two in particular. Theon and Jaime. 

We've gone from being disgusted by Theon, to hating him, to pitying him, to rooting for him, to being proud of him and wanting to follow him. 

We've gone from being disgusted by Jaime, to hating him, to sympathising with him, to understanding him, to rooting for him and wanting to follow him. 

Can't think of a show that has this much brilliance in it's character arc. 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Cicero said:

Was talking with my wife about the brilliant character development this show has with two in particular. Theon and Jaime. 

We've gone from being disgusted by Theon, to hating him, to pitying him, to rooting for him, to being proud of him and wanting to follow him. 

We've gone from being disgusted by Jaime, to hating him, to sympathising with him, to understanding him, to rooting for him and wanting to follow him. 

Can't think of a show that has this much brilliance in it's character arc. 

Louis Litt in suits 😋

• Upvote 1

It was a good episode but...

The show continues to be slightly cowardly with deaths since they stopped going off the books. Can't believe Arya survived again and again and then ended up being the saviour. Should've been killed off last season.

As for The Night King. Most disappointing villain of all time. Everyone thought there's more to the character and we'd find out interesting motivations and more about his origin but he ended up being hollow and was defeated easily. Dragon glass killing them as soon as they were touched by it was always quite dumb, should've had dragon glass as being the only thing that can hurt them rather than completely disintegrate them with one swing. Biggest fraud of all time which has me asking what the point of him even was.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, 6666 said:

It was a good episode but...

Hide contents

The show continues to be slightly cowardly with deaths since they stopped going off the books. Can't believe Arya survived again and again and then ended up being the saviour. Should've been killed off last season.

As for The Night King. Most disappointing villain of all time. Everyone thought there's more to the character and we'd find out interesting motivations and more about his origin but he ended up being hollow and was defeated easily. Dragon glass killing them as soon as they were touched by it was always quite dumb, should've had dragon glass as being the only thing that can hurt them rather than completely disintegrate them with one swing. Biggest fraud of all time which has me asking what the point of him even was.

Well google that particular character + George R. R. Martin’s wife and you’ll see why that’s the case xD

Edited by Dr. Gonzo

6 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Breaking Bad is still the best TV show ever imo.

Well except for Its Always Sunny and Archer

Wow, I clicked on this topic because you quoted me. That was risky. Must avoid spoilers at all costs until tonight. Although I really don't want to watch it, because I know it'll probably be devastating. 

Very intense episode, but what a drag to an ending. Kind of dumb really? 

So the white walkers can't be touched by fire, but good old king just smiles after getting pounded with Dragon fire? Horseshit. 

Plus, the scene with Jon and the Queen see the White King and then the largest dust storm comes kills about 30-45 minutes for me. I couldn't see shit, and everything is all jerky with just leaves you with a bunch of screaming and scenes where the main characters 'almost' die, but of course none of them do. 

Overall - not my favorite episode by any means as they built up this main villain for 7 seasons and how many of the main characters does he kill? ZERO. Also, does Jon's dragon he was riding actually die? I remember him falling to the ground and that it just...went away. 

• Subscriber

So it was a good episode, very tense, however I have a few complaints to get out of the way.

- the lighting coupled with the effects made it difficult to see what was going on, sort of killed some of the parts of it. Fine if you're going to do that in a few scenes but for that much of an episode seemed insane.

- I don't mind characters having plot armor but if you're not going to kill people off, don't show them in seemingly hopeless situations every 5 minutes. The 6th time this episode I see Samwell swamped by an insane number of wights I'm not nervous that he's going to die anymore. This happened countless times with main characters, Brienne, Dany and Jorah on the field, Grey Worm, then in the crypts and in the godswood all of the nameless characters looked overwhelmed then people like Theon just survive for several more minutes single handedly. Theon had fingers chopped off by Ramsay, Davos is also missing all of the fingers off one hand remember, Jaime is missing his entire sword hand and Samwell is a renowned terrible fighter.

- Missing a major death for me. Edd, Jorah, Theon, Melisandre fair enough but someone like Jaime or Brienne needed to go for the battle to feel more like it really cost a lot emotionally.

- Why was Bran warging for so long? To find the Night King and then not warn anyone who could do something about it? Then what?

- Why was Davos' first thought after all of that to confront Melisandre immediately? Blatantly just done so someone is there to witness her end.

A lot of these complaints are nit picky but onto the good stuff.

- Cinematically it was obviously spectacular, despite the lighting at times.

- Arya doing the deed will draw a lot of complaints and I see already has here, but if you consider the story as a whole, Arya and Jon are the only people who really have the attributes to see off the Night King. I mean, she spent two seasons training as a faceless assassin, when you think about it who else is better equipped to cut the head off the snake? I didn't see it coming as I thought it would be Jon or Dany but it's a satisfying culmination of her journey over the years. 

- Tyrion and Sansa were good together, I can buy it.

Overall I can't say that it was a bad episode, I was glued to the screen for the full 80 minutes, I just feel like there were too many death fake outs for main cast members who clearly had plot armor to burn after the first few skirmishes, too much suspension of disbelief, and not enough sense of real sacrifice to put it up there with Hardhome or the Battle of the Bastards which were properly great television.

Edited by RandoEFC

26 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Put spoilers in square brackets at the start, then /Spoilers in square brackets at the end.

Cheers man. 

[spoilers] didn't work? [/spoilers]

Edited by Rick